Can't sleep! Too excited! Sailing the Anthem tomorrow!

I think I let the " don't expect too much, so you won't be disappointed " train of thought get to me from reading of recent sailings. This class of ship is new to me so I wasn't going with a lot of hopes to LOVE the ship but I suddenly find myself WAY too excited to sleep. We sail the Anthem tomorrow :) I have been reading threads and taking "notes" of requests for info/pics. If anyone wants me to check anything out, let me know. Guessing we will have a decent amount of time to just wander around because we are traveling with our two year old who thinks his goal in life is to wander and investigate everything he sees. I have a feeling he will love two70. Fingers crossed he wants to "investigate" the nursery!

So I guess this is going to be my " live from the Anthem with a toddler" thread :)

I can't wait to see how he reacts to the ship. He was building Legos and kept calling his boat a "ship". I think he is ready!

Awesome! have a blast. we will be driving down Easter morning from Rochester also, how is the drive? how long? parking easy or a pain?

Thanks.

Parking at Cape Liberty is VERY easy, especially now that they built the new terminal and parking garage.

I think I let the " don't expect too much, so you won't be disappointed " train of thought get to me from reading of recent sailings. This class of ship is new to me so I wasn't going with a lot of hopes to LOVE the ship but I suddenly find myself WAY too excited to sleep. We sail the Anthem tomorrow :) I have been reading threads and taking "notes" of requests for info/pics. If anyone wants me to check anything out, let me know. Guessing we will have a decent amount of time to just wander around because we are traveling with our two year old who thinks his goal in life is to wander and investigate everything he sees. I have a feeling he will love two70. Fingers crossed he wants to "investigate" the nursery!

So I guess this is going to be my " live from the Anthem with a toddler" thread :)

I can't wait to see how he reacts to the ship. He was building Legos and kept calling his boat a "ship". I think he is ready!

Have a great cruise.....K.O.:)

I slept for an hour :) headed down to Bayonne now. Can't wait!

I was on the Quantum last year with my family (including a 2 yr. old) - you will LOVE the ship. A great mix of busy, busy places and lots of quiet spots to hang out, too. We are sailing on the Anthem this year and can't wait! I am sure you will have a GREAT cruise and so much fun.

Lucky you.

BTW, I would suggest you sign up for the nursery ASAP when you board. They get filled up quickly and can only take so many. (at least that's the way it was on Quantum last year.)

Swiss

Having just got off her, you'll love her! In 10 cruises, this is the only ship I've ever woken up on the second day thinking, "Wow, I can't believe I have the privilege of spending 11 more days on this ship!"

Be sure to spend time in Two 70. The vistas and robo shows there are awesome. It's a great place to go for a quick lunch or snack too.

So far it's been fun! The ship is a bit confusing to me, but we are figuring it out. Had lunch in windjammer and it was better than typical windjammer. Cafe promenade is WAY better than we have ever experienced. Disappointed that the diamond lounge coffee machine doesn't appear to be an all day thing. Hoping to get the nursery figured out soon. No one was there for open house. Actually all of AO was a ghost town. The family play area is amazing though! Time for muster drill....

So far it's been fun! The ship is a bit confusing to me, but we are figuring it out. Had lunch in windjammer and it was better than typical windjammer. Cafe promenade is WAY better than we have ever experienced. Disappointed that the diamond lounge coffee machine doesn't appear to be an all day thing. Hoping to get the nursery figured out soon. No one was there for open house. Actually all of AO was a ghost town. The family play area is amazing though! Time for muster drill....

The Coffee Machine in the lounges are usually cleaned and then turned off at the end of the preceding cruise and then turned back on later this afternoon. Then you should have 24/7 access.

Edited by cruisenfever

Have a great time! I'm subscribed to your thread now as we will be heading to anthem on April 29th with a 2 year old in tow! Any and all toddler tips appreciated! Is he sleeping in a pack n play? How's the nursery work/look (heard it was heavily damaged but reopened)? Thanks for sharing! Enjoy!!

Have a great time! I'm subscribed to your thread now as we will be heading to anthem on April 29th with a 2 year old in tow! Any and all toddler tips appreciated! Is he sleeping in a pack n play? How's the nursery work/look (heard it was heavily damaged but reopened)? Thanks for sharing! Enjoy!!

The carpet was switched to hard flooring. Nursery is up and running and looks great to me :) he is booked for two hours tonight. So far they said he is the only one scheduled.

The Coffee Machine in the lounges are usually cleaned and then turned off at the end of the preceding cruise and then turned back on later this afternoon. Then you should have 24/7 access.

Awesome! Thank you!