Proposal onboard Oasis of the seas

Hi guys.

Me and my girlfriend going on our first cruise with the Oasis of the seas in December 2016.

We have been together for 2 years and i want to propose to her on "formal night" onboard.

My question to you guys are:

Do anyone know any good, privat/romantic spots on the ship to ask the question?

I wish to hire a secret photographer to capture the moment i Ask her the question and maybe some roses and champain in the cabin after the dinner.

I was hoping to avoid the $500 package, but if someone have experience please let me know

Hope to hear from someone

Hi guys.

Me and my girlfriend going on our first cruise with the Oasis of the seas in December 2016.

We have been together for 2 years and i want to propose to her on "formal night" onboard.

I wish to hire a secret photographer to capture the moment i Ask her the question and maybe some roses and champain in the cabin after the dinner.

I was hoping to avoid the $500 package, but if someone have experience please let me know

We have been on the Oasis a few times and it is a great ship! I would guess that in December there would be a Christmas tree or some fancy décor that could be the back drop for your "event". Our son proposed to his now wife on the Radiance in December a few years back. He told their dining companions on the sly what he planned and asked one to take pictures. He suggested after supper that they he wanted to see the Christmas tree. Once there, he did the down on one knee thing and they have some amazing pictures of the moment. My favorite one is that in the background you can see a gal with her hands over her mouth in surprise when she realized that she was witnessing a proposal. So sweet. Congratulations! I'm sure that it will be a moment you will never forget.

Maybe Central Park. They do photos at night there too which would make it easy for you to capture the moment. Just ask the photo staff which evenings they do pics there. The x mas tree will be in the promenade which will be very crowded. You may or may not want that. You could also get the musician to help you either in the pub or the schooner bar if you want an audience and have fun with it. FYI. I proposed to my wife on Liberty of the seas a few years ago but did it in the privacy of our cabin.

Have a blast. I concur I wouldnt spend 500 on a package or whatever. Just do it naturally however you choose and have a blast.

I remember popping the question to my girlfriend, now wife, about 10 years ago on a rccl ship. I just picked a nice spot that was quiet at night outside. We took our moms on that cruise, so she would have someone to show talk with after I popped the question. Good luck :)

OP,

If you look into your roll call (a thread just for people on your sailing) Im sure there would be people on your sailing that would be happy to help you. And probably someone that would volunteer to be on camera duty for you. I know I would in a heart beat (but them, I'm a softy for romance)

If you are not sure how to find your roll call, just give us you sail date and someone will post a link for you.

Hi guys.

When in December are you sailing? We will be on the Oasis in early December. Would gladly help out if you are on our sailing.

Ooh, thank you guys for ideas :)

We are sailing December 4 Jeff & Sue :)

I have concluded to go for either:

Privat spot on deck looking at the sunset and then go down on one knee with hiding photographer

OR

Book photosession onboard and let the photographer know am going to propose.

What do you guys thing?

Here is some questions:

- It it crowded at the photosession?

- Do i get to keep /upload the photo`s the photographer take the same night?

- Is it a beautiful sunset in december? Is it possible to find a private spot?

Thanks again :)

Iam so excited

Edited by Mrfjelli

Privat spot on deck looking at the sunset and then go down on one knee with hiding photographer

OR

What do you guys thing?

Here is some questions:

Iam so excited

I vote for plan A, at helicopter deck, with a somebody from your roll call as photographer.

Lots of other expenses coming up with a wedding, so I would not spring for Chef's Table or a private photography session.

If you have that money to spend, a better idea for it might be to take her to the NextCruise office. After booking, explain you hope that will be your honeymoon, then drop the rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband proposed to me on the Oasis late at night at the middle of Deck 15 aft, along the rail. There were some teens having a late night surfing session on the Flowrider and they all applauded when he got down on one knee. I think it was a nice spot because whenever I see an aft photo of Oasis I can point to the spot where he proposed, right above the ship's name.

If you have that money to spend, a better idea for it might be to take her to the NextCruise office. After booking, explain you hope that will be your honeymoon, then drop the rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love that idea

Edited by ashleyhaugh

Maybe Central Park. They do photos at night there too which would make it easy for you to capture the moment. Just ask the photo staff which evenings they do pics there.

I agree that Central Park would be a great place in the evening. Very quiet. Lit up beautifully. They often have a string quartet or some other musicians performing there in the evening. Stop by for a wine after dinner, listen to the music. beautiful ambiance.

OR

What do you guys thing?

Here is some questions:

Iam so excited

Spot on deck with a sunset would be nice but you never know with the weather. Whatever spot you pick may have an influence on the theme she wants at the wedding...carousel, park, christmas tree, etc. You have the option of the bridge wings too...it's windy but beautiful. Central park under the pergolas would be lovely at night with the strings quartet playing. Follow your heart.

Chef's Table is a private dinner of just 14 held in the suite lounge. It's about $75-$95 depending on when and where you book. You could probably give several people a heads up before dinner and get several camera angles.

IMO Avoid chefs table. That is a busy area due to the suite bar. Just on that ship in a suite and I would never pay for chefs table on oasis.

OR

What do you guys thing?

Here is some questions:

Iam so excited

Be sure that you check out the cost of the private photo session. They can be more expensive than the package that you referred to in your first post. They can be $500 for a couple of photos or several thousand dollars for a lot of photos. These private photo sessions are not like just walking up to the photographers that are set up in the promenade where you can have a ton of photos taken and only buy one for around $20.

On our last cruise on freedom,as we were leaving the diamond lounge a young man handed me his phone and asked me to take some pictures of him and his girlfriend, so I took hie phone and started snapping,he got down on one knee and proposed,I kept taking pics as this went on,we hugged them and wished them luck. It was an honor to be a part of their special moment,oh,she said yes!

Congrats on the upcoming engagement! If it helps, I did the same thing on Allure on Oct 31st last year.

I went for the Central Park route. I was planning to have someone from our Roll Call be a photographer for the moment, but they were not there at the time I had planned (it is kind of hard to plan the moment in secret when times are fluctuating). But I made an audible, found a secluded side path that was nice a quiet, and she said yes.

Good idea with hiring a photographer for the moment.

Being the planner I am, it you want a sunset picture, I would look up what night you want to ask, find out what time sunset is, and find out where the ship will be at that moment (cruising between ports or still docked at a port). Once you figure all that out, you can then think of where on the ship you want to be. At the very back near the flow riders will get you some nice ocean views and probably have good chance at getting a sunset shot, but trying to convince your GF to go to the flowrider in her fancy clothes might be suspect.

Another suggestion I can add is the "hidden balconies" of central park. They are just above the four entrances to Central Park and are located on deck 9. You can see examples of them here (link added as the pic is huge): LINK (zoom in on the big glass wall in the middle)

The balconies themselves are nothing special but give would give a great backdrop of Central Park.

There is the Sun Deck, deck 14 port, all the way forward. Not many people out there normally and will have great views as well. Plus you will get the Solarium crowd cheering you (it will be muffled) when you get down on one knee.

If you can time it right (as in, no show going on at that moment), you can get behind the stage of the Aqua theater on deck 6. You should have some great shots there as well with a possibility of a sunset (depending on the direction of the ship). Deck 5 I think is too busy with the walking track, but very few people go behind the Aqua theater stage when it's not in use. I think that is where the shuffleboards are.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Rewind

Be sure that you check out the cost of the private photo session. They can be more expensive than the package that you referred to in your first post. They can be $500 for a couple of photos or several thousand dollars for a lot of photos. These private photo sessions are not like just walking up to the photographers that are set up in the promenade where you can have a ton of photos taken and only buy one for around $20.

Thx Ken.

Now an pretty sure i go for someone at rollcall to help me :) (if possible)

My girlfriend have good Canon photocamera i can "borrow"