In Suite Dining Question

bugsbunny222

does concierge just apply to high level full suites or can they help with signature suites as well??

For Signature and lower Category Staterooms, you'd have to make arrangements either through the Front Desk or the MDR itself.

No matter who you go through you need to do it before 12 noon.

Joanie

The Concierges are in the Neptune Lounge and are only available to Neptune and Pinnacle Suite passengers.

I thought they were available for those in Signature Suites but only by phone? They couldn't drop into the Neptune Lounge for assistance but could call.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I thought they were available for those in Signature Suites but only by phone? They couldn't drop into the Neptune Lounge for assistance but could call.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We had an SS two years ago and the information packet said that you could call the telephone concierge to make arrangements. We didn't actually test it, but that's what the literature said.

For Signature and lower Category Staterooms, you'd have to make arrangements either through the Front Desk or the MDR itself.

No matter who you go through you need to do it before 12 noon.

Joanie

Joanie - Are you certain of this time (Noon)? I have called between 5-6 PM directly to Room Service and ordered from the main dining room menu without a problem (the only issue is that they do not deliver before about 6-6:30 PM).

Joanie - Are you certain of this time (Noon)? I have called between 5-6 PM directly to Room Service and ordered from the main dining room menu without a problem (the only issue is that they do not deliver before about 6-6:30 PM).

I have done the same. If you just want to order off the MDR menu, it can be done within 1/2 hour of the MDR opening on most ships. On other ships, we could actually order anytime the MDR was open :eek::D

You just need to check when you are on board. As the MDR manager/asst manager.

Certainly the concierge can do it, but it's not necessary. ;)

If I want to do in suite dining for dinner, how much notice to I need to give the concierge? Can it be the evening of or do I need to notify them the night before? Morning of? Thanks!

One concierge that we had insisted on doing it for us, and that was with no notice at all. As others have noted, other than that once instance we've just phoned ourselves.

(Unless you are referring to the Course by Course dining that has been offered in the past to NS and PS guests ... then disregard what I've said. However, I'm not even sure that Course by Course is available any longer)

There is no rule about calling before noon. You just have to order shortly after the MDR opens, say around 6 pm. No matter what level of cabin.

Yes there are telephone Concierge's available to some of the suites other than Neptune suites. When you get to your cabin, information should be provided as to Concierge availability. They will be happy to arrange things for you as well.

Dave I was thinking the OP meant the In Suite Dining with the 'White Table Cloth Service' which is what I was talking about.

The regular 'In Room Dining' is in fact as you band others have described and can be ordered later than 12 noon.

Joanie

Dave I was thinking the OP meant the In Suite Dining with the 'White Table Cloth Service' which is what I was talking about.

The regular 'In Room Dining' is in fact as you band others have described and can be ordered later than 12 noon.

Joanie

It may vary by ship, but on my last 3 cruises in a Neptune I was told by the Neptune concierge that the white table cloth service was not an option.

Current experience in Neptune suite on Westerdam.

Told our concierge at about 3pm what we wanted from the mdr menu and wanted a tablecloth and setup on the balcony for 6:30pm.

Right on time we got our delivery and set up. Was quite nice and the food was pretty good.

Current experience in Neptune suite on Westerdam.

Told our concierge at about 3pm what we wanted from the mdr menu and wanted a tablecloth and setup on the balcony for 6:30pm.

Right on time we got our delivery and set up. Was quite nice and the food was pretty good.

Ain't Life Grand:) I felt like a Queen both times we did it:)

Joanie

I assume you can do the in-suite dining from the MDR inside the room? We will be in Alaska, and I assume it will be too chilly to eat out on the balcony for dinner.

You can definitely dine in your room. :)

DH and I have had 4 Neptune Suites in our last 4 HAL cruises and we always have dinner in our suite unless we eat in the Pinnacle Grill. We receive the evening's dinner menu in the early afternoon, make our selections and time we want the dinner to arrive, and then take the menu to the concierge. We have never had a concierge tell us to bring it earlier in the day and everything arrives on time.

Ain't Life Grand:) I felt like a Queen both times we did it:)

Joanie

You do not have to d o it through concierge. You can call room service yourself We called ab out 5 P.M for dinner to be delivered at 8:00 and all went well. :) We did not want course by courrse service. I felt that was a little too invasive for my taste. I loved they brought our meal, in a keep warm cart and our dinners were delicioius. :) (We didn't order ice cream for dessert.) :)