Escape-Live/Solo-"The Redemption"-12/02-09/2017...

sid_9169

A little over a month ago, I sailed the Escape for the third time... Lets just say that it was not my best experience ever. (***Not the fault of NCL or the Escape crew in any way***) Before I even got off the ground in Atlanta, I suffered a broken wheel on my suitcase. Then, once on board, I came down with some serious gastro-intestinal issues that lasted for four days. This overshadowed the fact that it rained for four days. To top it off, I came home with a terrible cold / cough that lasted for another week afterward...

Now, hopefully I will leave all of that behind me, as I prepare to "Escape" once again to the (hopefully) sunny Caribbean. My damaged suit case has been replaced by a brand new model, and fingers crossed, this sailing will erase the memory of my "worst cruise ever"... Again, I will not be purchasing NCL's absurdly priced internet plan. However, I will attempt to be as "Live" as possible with my Travel Pass data plan from Verizon, as well as WiFi in port when I can find it. Also, once again, this will just be the story of my adventure, and not some highly detailed review, with restaurant menus and such...

Our journey begins again, here in Atlanta, and will take you along from here to Miami for a one night stay, before boarding the beautiful Norwegian Escape to the Western Caribbean. After the path of destruction caused by hurricanes Irma and Maria, the original Eastern itinerary was replaced by a few varying Western routes, this one calling on Grand Cayman, Falmouth JA, Great Stirrup Caye, and finally, everyones favorite destination; Nassau... Other than Grand Cayman, this is not really a great itinerary by any means, but I plan on making the best of it, as my next cruise isn't until May of 2018.

• Like 1

I was hoping for an easy work day today, but it was not to be... They ended up finding about 2 days worth of stuff for me to do, but I begrudgingly accomplished it all. I guess that's the price I pay for having 6 days off, filled with eating and drinking, and funning in the sun...

I silently followed you on your last journey. I hope this one kicks it out!

Crazy how we plan for days/months/years, and then weather/health can shoot down that vacation on that particular week we planned forever. It's all a crapshoot. But a fun crapshoot!

Glad you got your work done prior to leaving, because that would just be irresponsible of you leaving with loose ends dangling in workplace, LOL!

I hope you have a great cruise. Redemption... starts....now! :)

So happy for you... wishing you fabulous weather and perfect health this time around! Our Feb 2018 cruise was changed to the same ports as your cruise. After much research of the new ports I'm hoping they change it back to St. Thomas and Tortola before we sail. Maybe you will change my mind if you actually make it to Great Stirrup Cay and find a beautiful beach to enjoy in Jamaica! :)

My janky old carry on bag with the broken wheel, from the last review has been replaced with a brand new, albiet equally cheap, new version... (Yes, janky is a real word: definition- adjective; of extremely poor or unreliable quality) Packing is officially done, and an Uber is pre arranged for the morning. A couple more drinks from now, and it'll be bed time, in hopes of a safe and stress free travel day tomorrow.

20c647bded9529705ac683af62ea7533.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

A pot of black coffee is down, and in an hour or so, my journey will begin... An Uber to the subway station to ATL, and the 12:06 flight to Miami will put me in South Florida just in time for happy hour...

da20c55c7018d699504345b0fb744dd7.jpg

The most significant item in my carry on is this capsule containing ashes from my dear friend lost to breast cancer a couple of years ago... She will be joining me again, on the land, sea, and air...

527b88619a4d514027ba1a207b309d08.jpg

There was a police road block on the way to my preferred transit station, but I made it to the next station South... This is why I always leave a bit earlier than necessary... Just in case.

Awaiting the next South bound Marta train.

01e98eae5193bb87c901000613444841.jpg

and sharpening arrowheads for "adult beverage hunting" in South Florida? ;)

Yes, that's part of my large collection of native American arrow heads... You never know when they'll come in handy.

I guess I'm about to out myself as an OCD germaphobe right now, but when traveling solo, this is the only way I can visit the restroom at the airport... I'm on medication for this, but it's obviously not working...

30989a3f9f7c218a6054b26847816573.jpg

Also, TSA pre check is the best $85 I've ever spent in my life... Regular security line= 20-30 minutes. TSA pre check line= 2 minutes...

b5b8bdaea647149bcf99c360b12c1fdb.jpg

Finally got checked in at the hotel... A quick change and a short ride on the metro mover, arriving at my first happy hour destination. I present to you, the Amorosa. A slightly spicy twist on a margarita, with Patron silver...

68e4b0c2ad01d5c86d5f9f4351da89ef.jpg

A couple of pics of my initial arrival in Brickell...

f049db403a4a2c660b83982568ac73f2.jpg

92f97988f30c007e2ee07b14a0e8f5c7.jpg