Chops for Vegetarians

Hi there, We are Vegetarian and have been to chops numerous times with our cruise friends that are not Vegetarian. They have lots of options. We usually just tell them that we are Vegetarian and order off the sides menu. Pretty much everything. The portions are very large. It was a wonderful experience everytime. Also, you could always stop by the desk and let them know ahead of time that you are Veg and they will also be very helpful.

The Mushroom Soup is to die for. The crispy goat cheese salad is also very good. The side choices are veg: tots, baked potato, asparagus, spinach, Mac and cheese etc.

Desserts are excellent too.

You could make a meal there and I would bet they could make a veg entree w notice.

I would totally go to Chops as a vegetarian.

The menu does have this in fine print "Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegetarian options available. Ask your server." As a vegetarian who is dining with others who are not and who would enjoy Chops, I'm willing to pay the charge and I know that I need to be flexible. I was thinking if I call or stop by in advance would it be better so the kitchen has advance notice?

The menu does have this in fine print "Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegetarian options available. Ask your server." As a vegetarian who is dining with others who are not and who would enjoy Chops, I'm willing to pay the charge and I know that I need to be flexible. I was thinking if I call or stop by in advance would it be better so the kitchen has advance notice?

I'm sure you won't be the first vegetarian eating at Chops and that they will have assorted options for you. You could probably stop by to ask the question, but based on what the fine print says, it sounds like they're already prepared for the question.

I think it's great that you're willing to share a evening with your non-vegetarian friends. I'm sure it will be a great meal.

It's a Steakhouse,why would you pay a lot of money to go there if you are vegetarian?.

Well, I'd guess that she is going with one or more other people who aren't. Kind of awkward to leave her behind no?

I guess I should have added that we're getting meals there for free with our booking, plus my husband eats meat and I have no problem going to a steakhouse. The online says "vegetarian options available" so I was curious if anyone knew what they were. Thanks for the feedback :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I guess I should have added that we're getting meals there for free with our booking, plus my husband eats meat and I have no problem going to a steakhouse. The online says "vegetarian options available" so I was curious if anyone knew what they were. Thanks for the feedback :)

My wife is half vegetarian.

I usually get most of her meat and she gets most of my vegetables.

I agree. We don't do specialty because it is a total waste for me. I don't eat meat or seafood. So why would I pay the price to eat a salad?????
It's free with the room we booked. My husband eats meat so I'm not going to take the experience away from him just cause of my preferences:)

It's free with the room we booked. My husband eats meat so I'm not going to take the experience away from him just cause of my preferences:)

Sorry no one has your answer but kudos for being so nice with all the opinions on how you should spend YOUR money. [emoji3]

"Vegetarian" covers a lot of different dietary preferences, so it's a good idea to discuss things with Chops staff when you board.

Sorry no one has your answer but kudos for being so nice with all the opinions on how you should spend YOUR money. [emoji3]
Lol thanks, didn't realize my question would generate so many opinions! [emoji6]

They can order from the Jamie’s menu. I know my DIL did. Lots of veg. Items there. They can order their apps, sides and deserts from Chops and main from Jamie’s. Enjoy
This is great news! I, like the OP, am a vegetarian whose family are all meat eaters, and was planning on going to chops and Jamie's on our 8/11 trip on the harmony!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

For those who think it's a waste, that's like saying why go to a bar with friends if you don't drink? Sometimes it's about the friends. I bet the last time I went to Chops I could have eaten just the sides and been full. But I had lamb :)

I'll be on the Oasis so there isnt a Jamie's, but I assuming the same applies to Giovanni's. Great info, thanks so much!

They can order from the Jamie’s menu. I know my DIL did. Lots of veg. Items there. They can order their apps, sides and deserts from Chops and main from Jamie’s. Enjoy

For those who think it's a waste, that's like saying why go to a bar with friends if you don't drink? Sometimes it's about the friends. I bet the last time I went to Chops I could have eaten just the sides and been full. But I had lamb :)
Lol you get it, thank you!