hi quick question if u can help

hi all

just a quick question do all rooms on independence of seas have a sofa bed or is it only selected ones?

reason im asking is im confused as some have something called a pullman bed whatever that is

can someone let me know what a pullman bed is and also if they have sofabeds

thanks for the help for a new cruiser

No, not all cabins have a sofa bed.

A pullman bed is a bed pulling down from the ceiling, like a bunk bed.

Here is a pic with two pullmans

mariner-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean-14317.jpg

When having a look at RCI´s deck plans you can see little symbols to indicate if there´s a sofa bed.

Sofa bed is a little triangle, sofa bed and pullman is a little diamond.

Ok thanks for help

I’m going to ask a stupid question but if u wanted the cabin steward would he make the sofa into a bed even if it not a sofa bed?

Yes it can be done, but it would be a matter of how comfortable that would be, or in other words, who would be sleeping there (kid / adult, small / big person).

The cabin steward will try to accomodate your requests as much as possible. However you need a cabin that has a third berth. So if you are three persons (even a baby is a person) you need a cabin holding three and having either a pullman or a sofa bed.

Not all cabins will have a full sofa!

A regular sofa, with a sheet on it, will fit a 2 year old just fine. They also have P&P's if that would suit your little one better. However, since there are 3 of you in the cabin, you must book a cabin that sleeps 3...you can't book something that only sleeps 2, even if a child won't be using another bed.

So, if the cabin has a pullman, you can book it, but you do NOT have to USE the pullman! If the pullman isn't "pulled down", you will barely know it's there!

A regular sofa, with a sheet on it, will fit a 2 year old just fine. They also have P&P's if that would suit your little one better. However, since there are 3 of you in the cabin, you must book a cabin that sleeps 3...you can't book something that only sleeps 2, even if a child won't be using another bed.

So, if the cabin has a pullman, you can book it, but you do NOT have to USE the pullman! If the pullman isn't "pulled down", you will barely know it's there!

No.

There are times that Royal will allow a double occupancy cabin to be booked for 3 if one of the guests is under 2. Since the OP said they had a 2YO this may have been what happened.

That sounds like a great idea, esp since it is 2 yo.

I have only used a pullman 3 times on a cruise. The first two times was when I 1718. Can't remember any problems. The third was last year on our Med cruise, when me and my wife shared a cabin with my MIL. I am now in my mid fifties. It was interested getting up and down from the pullman. I had to be very concious when I was doing it.

I put the mattress from the Pullman on the floor and slept on that. Being a lady if a certain age I doubted my ability to get up and down that ladder in the night....🤪[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

There are times that Royal will allow a double occupancy cabin to be booked for 3 if one of the guests is under 2. Since the OP said they had a 2YO this may have been what happened.

OP says 2 YO. not almost 2 YO. that means they must book a cabin that sleeps 3. so unless they are fudging Junior's age, they cannot book a 2 person cabin and get a Pack n Play.

OP says 2 YO. not almost 2 YO. that means they must book a cabin that sleeps 3. so unless they are fudging Junior's age, they cannot book a 2 person cabin and get a Pack n Play.

And how many adults refer to a 1 year and 10 month old as a 2YO. I know we certainly did.

There are a lot of unknowns here and I did say it “may” have been what happened.