Solstice - Webcam picture of the aft of the ship

I know many have been speculating and wondering about the aft of Solstice/Equinox as frustratingly the webcam at Meyer Werft doesn't quite show it and drawings and models seem inaccurate. I emailed their PR department and asked of they could pan the webcam to the right a little and I received this image this morning:

2815062920054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

I'd say those aft balconies are pretty standard size. May be a touch larger, but not by much.

You can get a full size picture at this link and click on the menu underneath with the little magnifying glass icon.

Phil

I know many have been speculating and wondering about the aft of Solstice/Equinox as frustratingly the webcam at Meyer Werft doesn't quite show it and drawings and models seem inaccurate. I emailed their PR department and asked of they could pan the webcam to the right a little and I received this image this morning:

I'd say those aft balconies are pretty standard size. May be a touch larger, but not by much.

You can get a full size picture at this link and click on the menu underneath with the little magnifying glass icon.

Phil

The Meyer Werft web cam was down for a couple of weeks, appears they have it fixed now..

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=2&subs=0&did=826

Nice to see another view, Thanks for sharing this Phil. Are there going to be canopies over the rear balconies for some privacy, or on these ships are they going to be uncovered?

Cheryl, I think the canopies are already there if you look closely. They show up as white and the deck of the balcony is unpainted red at the moment. You can also just make out the railing of the balconies at the rear of the Continental Deck in white. It looks like those balconies will be the same size as the others and have a ledge that extends beyond the railing.

Phil

Thank you so much!! Nice to be able to see where we'll be on the Equinox TA. We're looking forward to meeting you on that sailing :) !! Thanks, again, for sharing!

Jill & Kevin

I may be counting wrong, but doesn't it look like the AquaClass deck will have the large overhangs like Sky Deck (deck 9) on the M-Class ships?

My DH and I are booked on our first X cruise. We are booked in a Sky Suite on the Resort deck. Looking at this photo it looks like the deck really overhangs and drops down a bit. Will it cut off the view? I know it sounds like a dumb question- but it seems almost to obstruct the view. I'm used to the deck above on the RCCI ships, but this seems much alrger.Opinions? Is this part like any other X ship?

Phil

Does anyone have any idea of the schedule? For instance - when it leaves this building and goes to the float out?

Wow, great view of the aft cabins. Is it just me, or is it almost impossible to believe that in 7 months, that ship will completed and sailing on the ocean. It is amazing what can be accomplished in a short period of time.

We have never been in an Aft stateroom, but we have one booked on the Solstice for a Med cruise next summer. This is also the first ship I have seen being built.

After looking at these pictures I have 3 questions about the Aft staterooms:

The overhangs look extremely small; will there be the same amount of coverage on the aft cabins as there are on starboard and port sides?

I'm not seeing any partitions between the stateroom balconies, are they just not put in yet?

What are the blue things in the middle of every other deck? Something temporary I hope.

Archived