What's your favorite class of Royal Caribbean Ships?

Texas Teen

What is your Favorite class of ships?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite class of ships?

• The Oasis (Genesis) Class!
    • The Freedom & Voyager Class!
    • The Radiance & The Vision Class!

Sorry but I do not see how anyone could say yet that their favorite class is Oasis - Genesis. Other than looking at deck plans or pictures of the ship, nobody has actually experienced sailing on one yet.:) As for me, I am a Radiance devotee - absolutely cannot stand the inward draw of Royal Promenade and the absence of the acres of glass of Radiance class. Voyager and those others might as well be a shopping mall that sails from one island to another at night:(

What about the Sovereign Family?????

I don't think too many people enjoy ships that old! Because the Soverign class is small, it could go along with the Vision class. Does BTW: Does anyone know what the Soverign class will be renamed? Monarch class, or Majesty class?

I don't think too many people enjoy ships that old! Because the Soverign class is small, it could go along with the Vision class. Does BTW: Does anyone know what the Soverign class will be renamed? Monarch class, or Majesty class?

They don't rename classes, it will always be the Sovereign Class.

I have been on every vision class ship,every voyager class and every freedom class ship. We will be on the Liberty again 2/21/09 and have been on the Brilliance twice and will be on the Jewel again in Sept. We will be on the oasis in November. Im in a power chair. The vision class has auto doors in the accessible staterooms. That is nice,but the hallways are too small so I can't get around the carts. No grand promenade. I like the Freedom and Liberty class because the hallways are wide enough and the Grand Promenades are a great place to sit and people watch. You can get a FREE cup of Seattles Best coffee and sit there and enjoy a free cookie or what ever. The big ships have so much to offer.

As of right now I have never sailed on a Radiance class ship. But with my kids, my vote is for Voyager/Freedom (I sailed the Mariner and have plans to sail on the Freedom).

HOWEVER! The next time DH and I travel alone, I plan to try the Radiance class as I think that will be more our speed when we are alone. :D

I wouldn't say that....I loved my cruise on the NCL Majesty (and my first cruise on the 1958 built Enchanted Isle:)) But anyway, I don't think the Sovereign class can be considered in the Vision class, as the Vision can't be considered with the Radiance class.....and I agree that Oasis shouldn't be included until she sails....

Just because something is old and small does not mean its bad! I REALLY want to sail on Royal Caribbean's older ships. That's what cruising 'is' the Sovereign Of The Seas was a ship that put Royal Caribbean where they are today! Many people still enjoy those ship and wish to sail on them over the newer ships like the Freedom and Oasis! :D

I'm about to hit Voyager next month...been on Explorer. Last two have been Radiance class with a trip on Rhapsody thrown in. It all depends on what you're looking for. I thought Voyager class was a little crowded/busy, but there were a ton of cool things to see and do. We're going with family this time so Voyager is perfect.

My vote has to be for Radiance class, though. Alaska just wouldn't have been the same on any other ships. I did find myself wishing that we had caught Voyager coming back from Spain instead of Jewel. Towards the end of twelve nights we would have found enough time to see everything on the ship.

Buy anyway...enough rambling....Radiance class.

I like the Radiance class. Brilliance is my all time favorite ship. I loved Rhapsody when she was in Texas. I sailed on Legend (also a Vision class) but won't ever do that again. With few exceptions, the staff was horrible. Nothing against the ship itself - just the staff! I've sailed on all the Sovereign class ships. They're fine for a weekend cruise but I don't think I'd like to be on one for any longer than that anymore.

Archived