We want more threads with pictures, please!

MTJSR

You don't speak for me. I think posting pictures on this forum clutters things up worse than it already is. There is a Photo Gallery on Cruise Critic where folks can post all the pictures they want.

You could always post a link to pictures (like I did with my recent Ruby review) rather than the pictures themselves, so those who don't wish to view them don't have to, but they are there for those who do enjoy them! Everybody happy :D

I think I speak for most cruise addicts here when I request photos as part of or in addition to your cruise review. Having just seen "COLOCRUISERS" Alaska pictures, nothing tops that.

Thank you. ;)

I lost the first link and there were many more.

I think good quality pictures are an excellent addition. I don't post them often and I don't think they look near as hideous as signatures filled with pictures. Now thats clutter. :rolleyes:

Agree if relevant to the cruise.. I have seen way too many pictures of floating ice and families as they only clog up the posts.. It is way better to upload your pics to a free photo site then link the site to your post.

I think I speak for most cruise addicts here when I request photos as part of or in addition to your cruise review. Having just seen "COLOCRUISERS" Alaska pictures, nothing tops that.

Colocruisers photos, in the thread he posted, were absolutely breathtaking and inspiring. Nice to come across when you least expected and have them speak to you. It was great viewing them before going, so I guess a thank you is in order :-). Here is one of my favorite from my trip.

2700851620101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

I prefer limited amounts of pictures in threads - one or two as a reference to the topic thread is fine. I often use a wireless connection and it slows the loading of the thread considerably!.

When people add 5 pictures to their signature - it drives me crazy. It slows the entire thread. I am about to stop showing signatures because of this - but I do like text to see where people are cruising next.

I prefer limited amounts of pictures in threads - one or two as a reference to the topic thread is fine. I often use a wireless connection and it slows the loading of the thread considerably!.

When people add 5 pictures to their signature - it drives me crazy. It slows the entire thread. I am about to stop showing signatures because of this - but I do like text to see where people are cruising next.

I agree, it takes long enough to load these pages with all the countdown clocks, lists of cruises (past & present), pictures of spouses, kids and dogs, etc.

I like the photos; I don't like links that force me to click over to Facebook or some other site, as nine times out of ten, those links require one to be a member or else don't work at all. If your internet loads too slow, that's too bad (maybe find another company that provides better service?) but that's no reason to deprive everyone else of getting to see fabulous shots like those Colo took or all those wonderful photos kind people have shared of various obstructed view cabins.

I like the photos; I don't like links that force me to click over to Facebook or some other site, as nine times out of ten, those links require one to be a member or else don't work at all. If your internet loads too slow, that's too bad (maybe find another company that provides better service?) but that's no reason to deprive everyone else of getting to see fabulous shots like those Colo took or all those wonderful photos kind people have shared of various obstructed view cabins.

Some of us don't have many choices for internet - I have 2 companies to choose from where I live and I have the faster of the two. Often I surf during lunch at work and have to share my bandwidth with college students (need I say more - all of a sudden, my internet at work got considerably slower, I wonder why). I am glad for all of you who have quick internet but that is not an option for all of us. Some of us are in rural areas with out competition.

I don't mind the unique pictures. It is the 5 pictures on people's signature when one would be good enough. Or all the animation that drains bandwidth.

I often post links but they are to my own website and no registration is ever required.

Some of us don't have many choices for internet - I have 2 companies to choose from where I live and I have the faster of the two. Often I surf during lunch at work and have to share my bandwidth with college students (need I say more - all of a sudden, my internet at work got considerably slower, I wonder why). I am glad for all of you who have quick internet but that is not an option for all of us. Some of us are in rural areas with out competition.

I don't mind the unique pictures. It is the 5 pictures on people's signature when one would be good enough. Or all the animation that drains bandwidth.

I often post links but they are to my own website and no registration is ever required.

Really a no win siutation oustize of putting the one with long signatures on ignore. I hate the list of the zillion cruises because I think it showing off but there is a place for it so i respect that. To be reasonable, I will get rid of all the cr@p in my signature if you do the same...starting now! Logging on should be a bit easier now. I don't need the links to the cabins or port information...been there already. I hope this helps :-)

:D:eek: And in the right corner..... I do like when posts offer a link to the pictures, even if they have to be on a "snapfish" or "webshots" type location. Like someone else has said, pictures can tell a thousand stories. Scenery shots can be boring, but ship related shots are king.

Really a no win siutation oustize of putting the one with long signatures on ignore. I hate the list of the zillion cruises because I think it showing off but there is a place for it so i respect that. To be reasonable, I will get rid of all the cr@p in my signature if you do the same...starting now! Logging on should be a bit easier now. I don't need the links to the cabins or port information...been there already. I hope this helps :-)

Text loads a whole lot quicker and requires less bandwidth then pictures. I have never had to wait for a thread to load that was "text based".

I only post links to cabin pictures when pictures are "requested". I don't randomly post pictures just for the fun of it.

Text loads a whole lot quicker and requires less bandwidth then pictures. I have never had to wait for a thread to load that was "text based".

I only post links to cabin pictures when pictures are "requested". I don't randomly post pictures just for the fun of it.

It takes all kinds for things to sail smoothly.

Pics can easily tell a better, kinder, gentler story than words.

I am one to do all kinds of things just for the FUN of it, that's why I am KOOL!

For the FUN of it, I created an album in the last 30 minutes of my vacation for others to view

Please feel free to use a pic instead of words for any information I may need in the future

I have never been offended by a pic shared on a thread,

I, for one, enjoy seeing a picture if it relates to the thread. I'm certainly not shy about posting pictures too. The bulk of my pictures are in the link in my signature (Flickr doesn't require you to join to view the pics... ). Maybe if someone is posting a lot of pictures, they should state that in the thread title, so those who still have "dixie cup and string" connections can avoid them... ;)

And yes, I've been on that side where dial-up was the one of the only options. We then upgraded to a satellite connection which made downloading images much faster and luckily AT&T finally pulled some wire to our rural hamlet and I now have acceptable DSL speeds.

There was a thread here some time ago that had what I believe to be the coolest cruise video to date. For the life of me I can not remember his logon name, but he offered a link to a remote site (his web site) that had cruise videos he had produced and edited. Kind of produced in a Disney fantasy come true format. They were quite good!!

It is annoying for me also when people include many pictures in their signature line. If they reply to a thread three or four times we have to wait for those pictures to load three or four times. Is it really necessary to put all of one's cruise formal pictures up in their signature? One is ok, more then that is over powering and annoying.

I like the photos; I don't like links that force me to click over to Facebook or some other site, as nine times out of ten, those links require one to be a member or else don't work at all. .

Sorry, but that's how I will always share my photos ...

you can check out extensive Pacific Princess and Star Princess photos on our website..

AND Alaska and Tahiti port photos ....

not to mention tons of other info...

It's the best way that I have found to share A LOT of pictures with as little intrusion as possible for all readers of this forum.

Our website is personal, there is no advertising, you don't have to sign up for anything and we don't track you.

Also, in our Alaska section I link to picture websites that other cruisecritic members host that should be considered professional the pictures are just that STUNNING!.

We've had almost 30,000 visitors in 17 months and the only complaints we've had is that I don't blog enough and I don't load my pictures soon enough...

Colors don't phase me.

Is there a way to not view certain people's signature? If not, how can I "ignore" their posts. There used to be a way so I could mark someone's profile so I wouldn't have to see any of their posts (including signature).

Colors don't phase me.

Is there a way to not view certain people's signature? If not, how can I "ignore" their posts. There used to be a way so I could mark someone's profile so I wouldn't have to see any of their posts (including signature).

Coral, Yes, you can still add whoever you would like to your 'ignore list', it is in your user CP. It will keep all of their posts hidden so you don't have to view them at all. ;)

If you want to see some awesome pictures go to -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893

Allow yourself several days to view shots from Capt Bill's world cruise.

There was a thread here some time ago that had what I believe to be the coolest cruise video to date. For the life of me I can not remember his logon name, but he offered a link to a remote site (his web site) that had cruise videos he had produced and edited. Kind of produced in a Disney fantasy come true format. They were quite good!!

I believe you are talking about chesterh, better know as Mr X, on the Celebrity board. He does have his own web site where he also posted his photos and videos but I don't have the link on my laptop and since I'm on the road traveling that's all I have right now. You might try the Name search on the Celebrity board to find his threads.

Archived