D+ on Freedom class

We have seen overly demanding passengers on cruises from all membership levels, I think. Assigning an attitude to one geographic location is incorrect and wrong, crbonfiber. There are all sorts of people on cruises. We drink in the concierge lounge, but utilize concierge services very rarely. I am sure that there are people that demand more services, and many that require less. :)

We have seen overly demanding passengers on cruises from all membership levels, I think. Assigning an attitude to one geographic location is incorrect and wrong, crbonfiber. There are all sorts of people on cruises. We drink in the concierge lounge, but utilize concierge services very rarely. I am sure that there are people that demand more services, and many that require less. :)

After over 80 cruises I have seen what I've seen. My geography is 100% correct. These people know exactly who they are. God forbid they spend a penny on anythng.

We are D+ and very rarely ask the Concierge to do anything for us. I hate using third parties to make reservations, deal with coupons etc. When things go wrong, much easier to sort it myself.

Unfortunately, in our home, my family have neglected to provide a Concierge. Most of the stuff is done by ..........me:D Can't understand why people, even in a suite, suddenly need someone to make a reservation for them. Doesn't make me feel 'special'. I think most D+ do their own thing. We once had a butler on a cruise - couldn't think of anything for him to do:confused:

If the CL lounges really do get overun with D+ eventually, I suppose they could be requested to use the 'other' lounge betwen 5.30 - 8.30 but be offered free drinks. The CL is under used during the day anyway, so D+ usage would not affect these times.

Being a D+ used to make me feel that I had earning a certain level of respect from RCCL for my loyalty. Reflecting on my last couple of RCCL cruises and some of the comments on this thread, I'm feeling more like a pain in the neck.

....Suite guests pay alot of money and when they cant get a seat in the lounge because its packed with D members its wrong. I for one was ashamed to be a DP member on the Freedom, for the most part I found them to be a disgrace. Most of the problem people were Florida trailer trash. They come on the ships for next to nothing, spend nothing and treat the staff like they are dirt.

Oh my dear--with comments like that, one might unfortunately take you for a snob!!!

We always found a place to sit in the CL prior to 6 as long as we were willing to sit with strangers.

All concierges go through periods of busy times...phone ringing...people waiting in line...no matter how many or few guests they have. Usually this is early in the cruise when everyone wants tickets, reservations, excursions at once.

I still think having the option of going to either lounge for D+ helps to alleviate the crowding in one location or the other. I wonder how many D+ who were NOT in a suite even asked the CL concierge to do something for them. It's very possible it was none of them. We sure didn't ask.

Gina

I don't travel with many people because most of my friends don't cruise as often as I do. But I find that meeting people in either the CL or DL means they are not strangers for long. If we see empty seats we ask "do you mind if we join you?" You meet some lovely people that way.

DW and I were on the Liberty of the Seas sailing Sept 12 and couldn't believe how many people we met. We saw them all over the ship and in port. Not because we sat with friends in the DL, but because we sat with "strangers." That to us is the pleasure of cruising--meeting so many new friends.

The first night is usually the busiest night in either lounge and things taper off after that. We visited the CL a couple of times and only found about 12 people in there at the most. We spent most of our time in the DL where we met most of our new friends.

Every reservation we made or coupon handled was done by the DL concierge. We did not impose on the CL concierge. Perhaps if we spent some time there, we might have asked her to do something for us.

We were told there were about 190 D and about 60 D+ on our cruise.

Archived