D+ on Freedom class

I have e-mailed Adam - he is the only one who can put them in their place.

I am travelling with an elderly lady on the Indie and have reserved a stateroom near the CL - if we can't use it......... well, even the Captain will know about it.:eek::D

Totally unacceptable to treat your loyal customers in this manner.

Yes D+ has access to the CL.:D We didn't go last niight but we do have a key along with a letter saying we can access the CL along with the DL. DL is the same as always as far as amenities. Cloud room was an overflow for the DL last night.
This is what I wanted to hear. We are on FOS in Jan. on deck 9 and the CL is pretty convenient as it is only one flight up and does not involve the elevators.

Hey, thanks, Gina!

I emailed C&A about this, and asked that they make sure the Concierges have the policy consistently. When I get the reply back, I'll print it and take it with me if there is still some confusion by the time I go in December. I hope it's all consistent by then, one way or the other.

It sounds like all the concierges are "on board" now with the new policy. The lady at the C&A desk today started talking in circles about Freedom not letting D+ guests in the CL last cruise probably because of over crowding and wanting to provide the proper experience for the guests. I mentioned that the only overcrowding was likely in the DL since the D+ guests didn't have options and that not having a key at all meant they couldn't go into the CL when NO one was in there during the day - for just a little quiet place to go. She really made no sense even after she apologized for being wrong about the current policy.

And to top it off, apparently she has never cruised with concierge access. She told me that the concierge doesn't supply a key to the lounge anyway....you get that when you check in for your cruise. LOL....yes, that's what she said. I explained to her that it has always been in my cabin on past cruises...to which she had no reply. I wasn't being mean - Just offering a little gentle training which apparently they don't always have. No, I take that back. I don't know that they aren't properly trained. Some people are just more trainable than others so who really knows where the break down in communication is. In a company this size, "things" are to be expected. :) I hope this thing is solved once and for all now.

Gina

OK, here's my reply back from C&A.

RE: Concierge Lounge

Dear Peggy:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. The Concierge Club is a private club reserved for guests staying in staterooms of categories GS and above and Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society regardless of category. The Club is accessible twenty-four hours a day with a special key that is given to each guest in these categories.

The following ships offer Concierge Club services:

Adventure of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas *

Independence of the Seas *

Jewel of the Seas

Legend of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas *

Mariner of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

Splendour of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

*On Freedom class ships, there are two lounges: the Concierge Club, for those guests in a category GS or above and Diamond Plus members, and the Diamond Club, for Diamond and Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society regardless of category. If the Diamond members are staying in a GS or above, they will have access to both lounges. However, if they are staying in a category below a GS, they will only have access to the Diamond Club. This is due to space limitations in the Concierge Club.

A Concierge is available in the Concierge Club daily from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM.

-We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the Club.

-The Club is designated as a smoke-free area.

-There is limited access in the Concierge Club for our guests 21 years of age and younger after 5:00 PM. Before 5:00 PM, guests 21 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Concierge Club guests are offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the ship. Here is a brief summary of those services:

-Personalized stationary available

-Continental breakfast served in the Club daily from 8:00 AM until 10:00 AM

-Hors doeuvres and petit fours served in the Club, beginning the second evening, before and after dinner respectively

-An honor bar (self-service bar with no fee) available for guests' convenience

-Reservations for the Portofino restaurant and Explorations Tours

-Appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments

-Tickets for the Ice Show available in the Concierge Club beginning the second night of the cruise

-Movies and CDs available to borrow during desk hours listed above

-Daily menus displayed and the opportunity to pre-order dinner wine

-Assistance with arrangement of private parties

-Business services (assistance with faxing or copying for a nominal fee).

The Concierge works within the Guest Relations division onboard and can also help with special requests or concerns a guest may have.

Please note, private lessons are not offered onboard for Ice Skating or Rock Climbing.

Peggy, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

OK, here's my reply back from C&A.

RE: Concierge Lounge

Dear Peggy:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. The Concierge Club is a private club reserved for guests staying in staterooms of categories GS and above and Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society regardless of category. The Club is accessible twenty-four hours a day with a special key that is given to each guest in these categories.

The following ships offer Concierge Club services:

Adventure of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas *

Independence of the Seas *

Jewel of the Seas

Legend of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas *

Mariner of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

Splendour of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

*On Freedom class ships, there are two lounges: the Concierge Club, for those guests in a category GS or above and Diamond Plus members, and the Diamond Club, for Diamond and Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society regardless of category. If the Diamond members are staying in a GS or above, they will have access to both lounges. However, if they are staying in a category below a GS, they will only have access to the Diamond Club. This is due to space limitations in the Concierge Club.

A Concierge is available in the Concierge Club daily from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM.

-We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the Club.

-The Club is designated as a smoke-free area.

-There is limited access in the Concierge Club for our guests 21 years of age and younger after 5:00 PM. Before 5:00 PM, guests 21 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Concierge Club guests are offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the ship. Here is a brief summary of those services:

-Personalized stationary available

-Continental breakfast served in the Club daily from 8:00 AM until 10:00 AM

-Hors doeuvres and petit fours served in the Club, beginning the second evening, before and after dinner respectively

-An honor bar (self-service bar with no fee) available for guests' convenience

-Reservations for the Portofino restaurant and Explorations Tours

-Appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments

-Tickets for the Ice Show available in the Concierge Club beginning the second night of the cruise

-Movies and CDs available to borrow during desk hours listed above

-Daily menus displayed and the opportunity to pre-order dinner wine

-Assistance with arrangement of private parties

-Business services (assistance with faxing or copying for a nominal fee).

The Concierge works within the Guest Relations division onboard and can also help with special requests or concerns a guest may have.

Please note, private lessons are not offered onboard for Ice Skating or Rock Climbing.

Peggy, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Print, print, print!!!!! ;)

Peggy...this is so funny since the woman at C&A read to me from her most recent info and it stated the new policy on Freedom class...that we have access to both lounges no matter the cabin.

It seems some (within the company) are still confused even after it's been reported from the ship that D+ now has access to both. Of course Adam has told us there is misinformation going around the internet. Now we have to wonder who are the misinformed. The D+ that didn't get into both the DL and the CL last week or those D+ that are in both of them this week. :rolleyes:

I guess next week I'll find out first hand and I can misinform you all at that time. LOL :p

Gina

Peggy...this is so funny since the woman at C&A read to me from her most recent info and it stated the new policy on Freedom class...that we have access to both lounges no matter the cabin.

It seems some (within the company) are still confused even after it's been reported from the ship that D+ now has access to both. Of course Adam has told us there is misinformation going around the internet. Now we have to wonder who are the misinformed. The D+ that didn't get into both the DL and the CL last week or those D+ that are in both of them this week. :rolleyes:

I guess next week I'll find out first hand and I can misinform you all at that time. LOL :p

Gina

Gina, that's also what this answer says above:confused:

HOWEVER, I am referring to Diamond Plus, are you?

*On Freedom class ships, there are two lounges: the Concierge Club, for those guests in a category GS or above and Diamond Plus members, and the Diamond Club, for Diamond and Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society regardless of category. If the Diamond members are staying in a GS or above, they will have access to both lounges.

The GS or above is referring to the NON-Diamond Plus guests.

I did!!! I did!!! I did!!!

It's in the Family Cruise folder. :D

My head is so jumbled. I actually inserted a plus (in my head) into the one place where it says, "If the Diamond members are staying in a GS or above, they will have access to both lounges."

Sorry...my mistake.

I almost started something again, didn't I? :o

Gina

My head is so jumbled. I actually inserted a plus (in my head) into the one place where it says, "If the Diamond members are staying in a GS or above, they will have access to both lounges."

Sorry...my mistake.

I almost started something again, didn't I? :o

Gina

First thing I thought when you posted above was, "multi-tasking and probably a brain fart". No problem; I'm just happy it's good news!!

First thing I thought when you posted above was, "multi-tasking and probably a brain fart". No problem; I'm just happy it's good news!!

I once listened to a motivational speaker who described multi tasking as "the opportunity to make multi mistakes". Can't count the times I have proven him right.

I do think I still have my faculties and know what I experienced last week (Sept. 6-13) on Freedom....and that is that D+ did NOT have access to the CL....only the Diamond Lounge. I also specifically asked Willie about it as I had promised to report back. I really do not appreciate Mr. Goldstein insinuating essentially that I am a liar or do not know of what I speak. I was there. He was not.

I do think I still have my faculties and know what I experienced last week (Sept. 6-13) on Freedom....and that is that D+ did NOT have access to the CL....only the Diamond Lounge. I also specifically asked Willie about it as I had promised to report back. I really do not appreciate Mr. Goldstein insinuating essentially that I am a liar or do not know of what I speak. I was there. He was not.

I specifically mentioned in my email to C&A (the answer is what I posted above) that Mr. Goldstein is emailing one set of information, the Concierge(s) are doing another, and that recent passengers are discovering this while on board ship. I asked that they get the word out to the ships about the policies they were detailing for me.

No one HERE doubts your mental condition, truffles2!!!!

Could someone tell me just exactly what did Diamond members lose that caused all these rants (not just here on this thread but the board in general)? I understand people's frustration by RCCL not executing what was promised but just what benefits did they lose?

On Freedom and Oasis class the D+ members GAINED access to the CL. Something they DID NOT have before. Diamond members still have the DL with open bar.

On ships without a CL Diamond members now have a nightly event with free wine and discounted drinks. Something they did NOT have before.

On other ships with a CL, Diamond members did lose access to that. Is that what all the complaining and threats of "I'll take my business elsewhere" comes from?

Is this really so drastic?

Me again. I just got my D+ cards, luggage tags, and "the pins" in the mail today. DH may wear one of the pins as a tie tack.

Anyway, the welcome letter included the chart of benefits on the back. The last onboard benefit listed under "After 24 completed credits" is "Concierge Lounge access".

Nice to have something official in writing in case there's a problem this December on the Indy. I don't think there will be by then; things seem to be straightened out already from what I've been reading.

If anybody wants a copy of this, I can scan and email it to you to print.

[quote name='Aggie71']Do they really mean that on Freedom class that the D+ can use the concierge lounge rather than the Diamond lounge? It's kind of a unique situation on those ships.[/quote]
It means DP can use both the CL and DL............Gina(MommaBean) told me she got keys to both on this week's Freedom cruise...........

We did indeed get two sets of keys last week. We spent most nights in the CL though we wandered up to the diamond lounge twice and it was so crowded, no seats, standing room only that we headed back down to the CL. Found a seat there every night, and met a bunch of great people too!

[quote name='cruisinisforme']We did indeed get two sets of keys last week. We spent most nights in the CL though we wandered up to the diamond lounge twice and it was so crowded, no seats, standing room only that we headed back down to the CL. Found a seat there every night, and met a bunch of great people too![/QUOTE]

That's what we did a lot, too. The CL always had seats available although Francois said the conditions were not acceptable :confused: :confused: and he's going to let Adam and Richard know about it next month when he sees them. As much as we liked Francois, it was obvious he does not like D+ and does not want them in the CL. Did you notice any of that attitude when you were there?

Gina

Archived