D+ on Freedom class

Any D+ returning this week from Freedom class want to tell us how the new CL, DL thing actually works.

I've read D+ can get into CL, D+ can't get into CL, DL has same free drink policy as before, DL only offers discount drinks, free wine and champagne, etc, etc.

What is reality?

Aquahound is correct: it's sailings that start after 9/1.

I called the D+ desk yesterday morning to talk about our upcoming cruise on 9/30. I asked her to go through the happy hour policies for me:

Ships with a Concierge Lounge DO include D+, and mixed drinks are complimentary

Ships with a Concierge Lounge AND a Diamond Lounge include D+ in both lounges. Diamond Lounges do NOT have complimentary mixed drinks, they have discounted ones and the free champagne/wine.

Ships with no CL or DL will have a lounge set up for a Diamond Event EVERY evening on the cruise for D's and D+'s with discounted mixed drinks and complimentary champagne / wine.

Cabin mates CAN accompany you; anyone sharing a cabin with you. I was real specific about this one, because this December on the Inday we have 2 D+, 2 D, 1 Gold, and one non-member. Everyone but the non-member (single in a cabin) can go to the D Lounge; only DH and I can go to the CL.

Thanks for doing the calling Peggy. We were on the Freedom in May and I can tell you Amit, Concierge, was adamant that D+ would only be permitted in the D lounge and not the concierge club. He told us that came from the Ships managers etc. We didn't argue with him but was pretty sure others would, come Sept 1!!!:eek:

This is the email that I had received when asking if they were going to stop the complimentary drinks on the Freedom Class in the Diamond Lounge. It sounds like I was given incorrect information

Thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean. There are no changes planned to the way we have operated the Diamond Lounges on Freedom-class. We're fortunate to have the dedicated space on those ships.

I hope you will join us again soon.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

Ships with a Concierge Lounge AND a Diamond Lounge include D+ in both lounges. Diamond Lounges do NOT have complimentary mixed drinks, they have discounted ones and the free champagne/wine.

Do you have a source for this since the Diamond Lounges on Freedom Class ships have always had complimentary mixed drinks as well as wine and beer.

Is there a written source?

I read that the policy would start Sept 1 even if the cruise had started.

This, I know is incorrect. It's for sailings that begin on or after Sep 1.

Wow, that's what they told you??!! :confused: I was under the impression that nothing was supposed to change on ships with a Diamond Lounge. Are they going to give D+ a key to both the CL and DL from now on? That would actually increase traffic in the CL, since D and D+ did not have access to that room.

The first happy hours on the Freedom clas ships should be happening right now. Reports should be in shortly.

Molly, this Freedom cruise began on Aug 30. They are still under the old policy on this sailing. It will not be implemented until tomorrow's sailing.

Molly, this Freedom cruise began on Aug 30. They are still under the old policy on this sailing. It will not be implemented until tomorrow's sailing.

Didn't the Liberty set sail today? I thought they left on Saturday ( PS We're sorta neighbors, we live in Marathon)

This is the email that I had received when asking if they were going to stop the complimentary drinks on the Freedom Class in the Diamond Lounge. It sounds like I was given incorrect information

Thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean. There are no changes planned to the way we have operated the Diamond Lounges on Freedom-class. We're fortunate to have the dedicated space on those ships.

I hope you will join us again soon.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

From the horses mouth,,,,NO CHANGES,,,,for the Freedom class and above. Free cocktails as before for D and D+, Still not too sure about CL access for D+. Have a feeling no CL for D+ if there is a separate D lounge. Tomorrow we should know the answer. Going on FOS next week so will know first hand.

OK, folks, here's the info again. I spoke to Sandy at the D+ desk at RCCL yesterday morning. No, I did not get anything in writing. I was VERY specific in my questions about the Diamond Lounges. She was very specific with her answers.

YES, Diamond Plus can go into BOTH the Concierge AND Diamond Lounges. My question was specific to the Independence which has both and is a Freedom Class ship, and we are sailing on her in December.

NO, the Diamond Lounges will NOT have free mixed drinks. She told me to go to the Concierge Lounge if we wanted mixed drinks rather than the Diamond Lounge, because the drinks are free in the CL.

Torpeedo: in May they were just changing the policy for 9/1, and I know there were multiple versions of the policy going around the ships. I was on the Majesty the first week of May, and our Loyalty Ambassador thought the program was still changing effective 7/1. So, Amit probably didn't have the latest info. Just my guess about his answers to you.

OK, folks, here's the info again. I spoke to Sandy at the D+ desk at RCCL yesterday morning. No, I did not get anything in writing. I was VERY specific in my questions about the Diamond Lounges. She was very specific with her answers.

YES, Diamond Plus can go into BOTH the Concierge AND Diamond Lounges. My question was specific to the Independence which has both and is a Freedom Class ship, and we are sailing on her in December.

NO, the Diamond Lounges will NOT have free mixed drinks. She told me to go to the Concierge Lounge if we wanted mixed drinks rather than the Diamond Lounge, because the drinks are free in the CL.

Torpeedo: in May they were just changing the policy for 9/1, and I know there were multiple versions of the policy going around the ships. I was on the Majesty the first week of May, and our Loyalty Ambassador thought the program was still changing effective 7/1. So, Amit probably didn't have the latest info. Just my guess about his answers to you.

Not a believer here! Not real sure on the D+ going to both venues, but am pretty confident about DL having free mixed drinks on the Freedom class and above as stated by RF himself.

I just copied this off of RCCL's web page:

Now we offer either the Diamond Lounge or a Diamond Event on every ship in our fleet. On ships with a Concierge Lounge, it will be limited to Diamond Plus and Suite guests.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000M6kUAn0zjbPTRX05_sDJ0Wx:12h3g0fq2

The page isn't specific about charging / free mixed drinks in the "real" Diamond Lounges, but Sandy at the D+ desk yesterday was very clear about it. We even went over the list of our family and who had which level of membership, and which lounge they could go into.

Oh, and she also said (because I asked about my son and his fiance) that ANYONE SHARING A CABIN WITH A DIAMOND OR DIAMOND PLUS MEMBER CAN ACCOMPANY THEM INTO THE LOUNGES. Both our sons are Diamonds, but the fiance is not.

I just copied this off of RCCL's web page:

Now we offer either the Diamond Lounge or a Diamond Event on every ship in our fleet. On ships with a Concierge Lounge, it will be limited to Diamond Plus and Suite guests.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000M6kUAn0zjbPTRX05_sDJ0Wx:12h3g0fq2

The page isn't specific about charging / free mixed drinks in the "real" Diamond Lounges, but Sandy at the D+ desk yesterday was very clear about it. We even went over the list of our family and who had which level of membership, and which lounge they could go into.

Oh, and she also said (because I asked about my son and his fiance) that ANYONE SHARING A CABIN WITH A DIAMOND OR DIAMOND PLUS MEMBER CAN ACCOMPANY THEM INTO THE LOUNGES. Both our sons are Diamonds, but the fiance is not.

We will certainly find out what the outcome is shortly. I can't wait to hear reviews tomorrow! I know the CC'ers on board are taking meticulous notes on this:D

I am really interested in hearing about ships with just the CL to see what happens there. We know the ships that do not have a CL will have an event they never had before.....which is superb.

3 different senarios:

1 - Ships with no CL or DL ( now get an event each night and get 25% off drinks, other than champayne and wine:D) D+ who knows if they pay,,,I suspect not along with suite guess.

2 - Ships with a CL but no DL ( now get a Diamond event each night, but D's are not allowed into the CL anymore. Must pay 25% off drinks, other than champanyne and wine. D+ are allowed into the CL

3 - Ships with both a CL and a DL. Free drinks in both. CL might not be available to D+ depending on the cruise. D's not allowed in CL at all.

That was my take on it all.

pcur

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. The more you treat yourself to our amazing cruises, the more we reward you with benefits and extras. And with our Crown & Anchor Society Youth Program, the entire family can enjoy the rewards!

Member Benefits as of September 1, 2009

Starting September 1st, 2009 Crown & Anchor Society offers the following benefits. Crown & Anchor members continue to receive valued benefits such as discounts on cruises, savings certificates and priority boarding and departure. Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on balcony and suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

For Diamond members, the changes include:

• A new exclusive nightly event for Diamond and Diamond Plus members to meet and mingle with other fellow members on ships without a Diamond Lounge. This will feature complimentary wine, champagne and a happy hour discount of 25% off beer, liquor and soda fountain drinks.

• A continental breakfast with a crew member available to provide services such as obtaining ice show tickets and other assistance.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean. For the convenience of all our Crown &Anchor members, the following chart outlines all benefits, starting September 1. If you are cruising between now and September 1 and have questions about your benefits please contact the Crown & Anchor Society at 1-800-526-9723 or e-mail them at crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Any D+ returning this week from Freedom class want to tell us how the new CL, DL thing actually works.

I've read D+ can get into CL, D+ can't get into CL, DL has same free drink policy as before, DL only offers discount drinks, free wine and champagne, etc, etc.

What is reality?

The reason I worded my OP the way I did was because there were so many different versions of the new policy floating around. I wanted to see what the ships actually do.

I had also read that the policy would be implemented on Sep 1 for cruises that were underway. I almost booked an Aug 31 cruise, but, didn't, otherwise I could report on that.

I will be on the LoS soon cruising with friends who are not D+, but, are in a suite. They can't get into the DL, but, I was interested in seeing if I can go into the CL with them. I am D+.

It will be interesting to see if the 3 ships all handle it the same way.

The LoS returns today. FoS and IoS leave tomorrow.

pcur

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. The more you treat yourself to our amazing cruises, the more we reward you with benefits and extras. And with our Crown & Anchor Society Youth Program, the entire family can enjoy the rewards!

Member Benefits as of September 1, 2009

Starting September 1st, 2009 Crown & Anchor Society offers the following benefits. Crown & Anchor members continue to receive valued benefits such as discounts on cruises, savings certificates and priority boarding and departure. Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on balcony and suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

For Diamond members, the changes include:

• A new exclusive nightly event for Diamond and Diamond Plus members to meet and mingle with other fellow members on ships without a Diamond Lounge. This will feature complimentary wine, champagne and a happy hour discount of 25% off beer, liquor and soda fountain drinks.

• A continental breakfast with a crew member available to provide services such as obtaining ice show tickets and other assistance.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean. For the convenience of all our Crown &Anchor members, the following chart outlines all benefits, starting September 1. If you are cruising between now and September 1 and have questions about your benefits please contact the Crown & Anchor Society at 1-800-526-9723 or e-mail them at crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Yes, this is the exact page I provided a link to above. Thanks for posting all the text.

The reason I worded my OP the way I did was because there were so many different versions of the new policy floating around. I wanted to see what the ships actually do.

I had also read that the policy would be implemented on Sep 1 for cruises that were underway. I almost booked an Aug 31 cruise, but, didn't, otherwise I could report on that.

I will be on the LoS soon cruising with friends who are not D+, but, are in a suite. They can't get into the DL, but, I was interested in seeing if I can go into the CL with them. I am D+.

I will also be interested in the D+ admittance to the Concierge Lounge. Sandy at RCCL yesterday was sure about it, because she told me to go there if we wanted mixed drinks on the Independence. We'll see.

Let's hope it is handled the way it is worded...on ships with a CL, D+ and Suite guests will both have access. In no place is it stated that on ships with a DL that the CL priveledge is revoked for D+ guests. I guess I better print out that page to show to the concierge on Freedom in case he plans to go against the stated policy.

What I find to be odd is that there will be a charge for plain soft drinks at the diamond event. So, if we don't like beer or wine, we have to pay for a simple coke. :(

If you don't line wine and champagne. Wine and champagne are free. Beer is 25% off.

I thought originally they said beer was going to be free, too. I must have misunderstood that part. (I see that now that I reread it) Well, I don't like beer whether it's free or not. :D No...I'm not crazy about Champagne either.

I like wine but it ruins my sleep that night if I drink it.

I have my C&A benefits page printed out and ready to cruise with me on 9/20. It is clearly stated in not just one but in two places that D+ has access to the CL. No where is it written that we only have access to the DL on ships with both. If D+ is not permitted in the CL, this will be my first and last cruise on this class of ship. Voyager and Radiance class are all the ship I need (and Enchantment of course :) ).

Archived