D+ on Freedom class

Was on the Liberty on the August 22nd sailing and did not receive a key card to get into the CL and didn't ask about it since the DL was still operating under the original drink system. But, on the Liberty they had a section by the pool roped off marked for CL only. Pool patrol has to come over and check your card to allow you in. I assumed my D+ would allow me access here also, and showed him I was a D+ and he said it was for CL (suite) members only. Didn't press the issue, so went ahead and found other lounge chairs. Stoped by the Loyalty Ambassador's office several times when passing by but she wasn't around. No biggy, but going to check into this further on my next sailing. Anyone have any experience on the pool deck lounge chairs held for CL?

Dave

Well..........DO send us a message from the ship and tell us about it. I'm on Freedom the week after you. Use up your free internet minutes on us. :D That is...if they are still giving minutes away in the new and improved coupon book. :p ;)

I sure will! Heck. I'll stop the folks getting off the ship, to as I get on what the scoop is:D I am sure someone will check up here while they are on this week.

I am really interested in hearing from the folks on the smaller ships, like the Monarch and Majesty. They should all be raving good news since they have never had a nightly event before. Voyager class should be interesting to get feedback on too, with only the CL.

I know we haven't had any feedback from anyone on latest Freedom class sailings, but I have just received a letter today from C&A UK relating to our upcoming sailing on FOS on 20th Sept. Needless to say I'm taking it with me.

Thanks for posting your letter. I find it interesting that it states "on ships with a CL, it will be limited to Diamond Plus & Suite Guess". We have been hearing that D+ are not allowed in the CL on the Freedom. Nothing in the letter states that if a ship has both a CL and DL that D+ can only go in the DL. I'm sure this will bother some folks.

Was on the Liberty on the August 22nd sailing and did not receive a key card to get into the CL and didn't ask about it since the DL was still operating under the original drink system. But, on the Liberty they had a section by the pool roped off marked for CL only. Pool patrol has to come over and check your card to allow you in. I assumed my D+ would allow me access here also, and showed him I was a D+ and he said it was for CL (suite) members only. Didn't press the issue, so went ahead and found other lounge chairs. Stoped by the Loyalty Ambassador's office several times when passing by but she wasn't around. No biggy, but going to check into this further on my next sailing. Anyone have any experience on the pool deck lounge chairs held for CL?

Dave

He is correct, they have the tiered part of the pool deck now for Full Suite guests only, they have a section of seats in the theater and the Ice rink sectioned off as well for them. Afraid it is the sign of the times on RCCL, you pay your money and you take your choice, nothing now for loyalty:(

I know we haven't had any feedback from anyone on latest Freedom class sailings, but I have just received a letter today from C&A UK relating to our upcoming sailing on FOS on 20th Sept. Needless to say I'm taking it with me.

Peter, I take the letter to mean that there are no changes to where the Diamond members will meet. Not what will or will not be served there. Hope I'm wrong for your guys sake (not a diamond member myself) but I doubt you will get very far using that letter if you bring it with you.

I can tell you for sure that on Freedom of the Seas they DONOT let D plus folks into the CL. We cruised Freedom for the first sail out of Port Canaveral on May 4th and only suite passengers had access to the CL. Only diamond and diamond plus passengers where allowed in the Diamond Lounge. If your diamond plus and also a GS or above passenger you will have access to both the CL & DL.

Don't be upset if you can't use the CL......the diamond lounge is 100 times better. It's located where the Nineteenth Hole bar is on Voyager class ships, with access through the Viking Crown Lounge. The space is much larger than the CL and has floor to ceiling windows for a fabulous view....and comfy sofa's & chairs. The diamond Lounge also has tables & chairs, unlike the CL.

I also got a letter from the head guy.....:rolleyes: Welcoming me back on board and to let me know the great diamond/plus benefit of the dedicated Diamond Lounge on Freedom class ships will be the same as we have had in the past. NO CHANGES will be made to the way the Diamond Lounge is used after Sept. 1st.

Now I took that to mean we still get mixed drinks, beer, wine and champagne.....along with those great little nibbles!

Two weeks from today we plan to indulge.....:D

If this is the case, then I will have no issues with no CL access. We have enjoyed going back and forth in the past. But we're doing MTD this time so we won't have to burn time (and calories) going back and forth until 8:30. :) It would only be an issue if they treated the DL like they are doing with the new parties on the ships with no CL or DL - wine and champagne only. We've decided we could really do without eating before dinner so no snacks wouldn't be a deal breaker. :rolleyes:

I am getting increasingly interested in trying a Celebrity cruise though now that they are upgrading their loyalty program.

Gina

If they are not allowing CL access to D+ on ships with both lounges, they really should reword their letters and on line policy statements. The simple addition of the word "only" would do. "On ships with ONLY a CL access will be limited to D+ and suite guests." They could further clarify this by stating that on ships with both a DL and CL that D and D+ will ONLY have access to the DL and not the CL.

Bring that letter...it could be fun. ;) :p I'm still bringing my copy from the website. Just for fun. LOL :cool:

If they are not allowing CL access to D+ on ships with both lounges, they really should reword their letters and on line policy statements. The simple addition of the word "only" would do. "On ships with ONLY a CL access will be limited to D+ and suite guests." They could further clarify this by stating that on ships with both a DL and CL that D and D+ will ONLY have access to the DL and not the CL.

Bring that letter...it could be fun. ;) :p I'm still bringing my copy from the website. Just for fun. LOL :cool:

It would be nice if they were consistant and clearer with verbage.

On the back of a recent "thank you for sailing with us" letter it states for Diamond Plus *Concierge Lounge Access on select ships."

The C&A web page does not state this at all.

I called the D+ desk again this morning. Talked to Kirstin this time. She verified AGAIN to me that the only change in access to the lounges is for DIAMOND members ONLY.

She said for all ships with both a CL and a DL that DIAMOND PLUS members will still be allowed in the CL.

It's only the D members that will be allowed only in the DL.

On ships without a DL they will have their nightly happy hour in another lounge on the ship.

On ships with ONLY a CL the D+ WILL be allowed to use it.

I called the D+ desk again this morning. Talked to Kirstin this time. She verified AGAIN to me that the only change in access to the lounges is for DIAMOND members ONLY.

She said for all ships with both a CL and a DL that DIAMOND PLUS members will still be allowed in the CL.

It's only the D members that will be allowed only in the DL.

On ships without a DL they will have their nightly happy hour in another lounge on the ship.

On ships with ONLY a CL the D+ WILL be allowed to use it.

Super, can you get it in writing? Consistancy doesn't seem to be one of their better qualities. Either in writing or verbal. :confused:

Really for me as long as there is the DL I really don't care about the CL.

Please don't hijack my thread by re-hashing what RCI told us in the past or what your interpretation of the policy is, or even what RCI is saying now. I wanted this thread to be about what RCI is actually doing.

There's probably 1000 pages of he said, she said and various interpretations. If that's what you want, add to that 1000 pages.

Let's see what RCI is doing on the ships from the CC's that experienced it.

So sorry, I forgot!

If you have signed up for Crown & Anchor you will be a Platinum (P) member after your 5th cruise credit. Have you had Junior Suites on your other cruises? JS cabins count for 2 cruise credits, but unfortunately neither Platinum status or a JS will give you access to the concierge lounge.

You will be a Diamond (D) member after your 10th credit. Diamond + (D+) after your 24th credit. :)

Can someone just tell me what all these letter are , that you all are talking about..i'm going to be in a Jr. Ste. on freedom in feb. and have only been on rcl about 3-4 times..What letter am I ?What will I be able to do?

Thanks

I just spoke with the C&A desk. Michelle told me that she has information printed last week about Freedom class ships. It states that D+ has full access to BOTH the CL and the DL. And there is still a full bar in the DL. The only ships that have the diamond event with just wine and champagne are the ships that previously had no event and have no CL or DL at all.

Gina

I am locking in the information I received from Michelle. This just arrived from guess who. LOL No kidding...........I asked him to clarify this personally for me so I would not be surprised when I board the ship.

Hi Gina. Thanks for your email. Yes D+ members may go to either lounge and yes the Diamond lounge will remain full bar. Enjoy your cruise and thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean. Adam

--------------------------

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

I am locking in the information I received from Michelle. This just arrived from guess who. LOL No kidding...........I asked him to clarify this personally for me so I would not be surprised when I board the ship.

Hi Gina. Thanks for your email. Yes D+ members may go to either lounge and yes the Diamond lounge will remain full bar. Enjoy your cruise and thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean. Adam

Hey that's great news for Diamond members! Glad I was wrong! That's what I get for trying to use logic concerning RCCL!

My cousin received a similar e-mail from Adam.

Hopefully, the Hotel Directors on the Freedom class ships will ensure that D+ members have access to the CL. I believe that D+ will be welcomed with open arms - the tips for the Concierges will be considerably reduced by the loss of Diamond members.

I must point out that Adam Goldstein does seem to be an exceptional CEO - how many CEOs of large Corporations personally reply to e-mails from customers?

Does he know what his own company policy is? We just got off the 8-29 Liberty cruise. We were upgraded to a GS & are D+ so we had access to both lounges. We always chose to use the Diamond lounge as we meet so many nice people there. We had 2 couples at our table, one was D+ & in a GS & their friends just became D+ and were in a balcony cabin. They were not allowed to use the concierge lounge because they were not in a suite. This did not change for them on Sept 1. On Freedom class ships D & D+ can only use the Diamond lounge & they are not given a key to the concierge lounge.

Does he know what his own company policy is? We just got off the 8-29 Liberty cruise. We were upgraded to a GS & are D+ so we had access to both lounges. We always chose to use the Diamond lounge as we meet so many nice people there. We had 2 couples at our table, one was D+ & in a GS & their friends just became D+ and were in a balcony cabin. They were not allowed to use the concierge lounge because they were not in a suite. This did not change for them on Sept 1. On Freedom class ships D & D+ can only use the Diamond lounge & they are not given a key to the concierge lounge.

The new policy only takes effect for cruises DEPARTING after September 1st.

Its now a case of 'wait and see' the reports from those on recent cruises. The Concierges (or Hotel Directors) do appear to have a habit of making their own rules, rather than following Company policy.

If they are not following the Company policy when we board Indie, I will immediately approach the Cruise Director or Hotel Director. If this approach is unsuccessful, I will then e-mail directly to Miami HQ.

My cousin received a similar e-mail from Adam.

Hopefully, the Hotel Directors on the Freedom class ships will ensure that D+ members have access to the CL. I believe that D+ will be welcomed with open arms - the tips for the Concierges will be considerably reduced by the loss of Diamond members.

I must point out that Adam Goldstein does seem to be an exceptional CEO - how many CEOs of large Corporations personally reply to e-mails from customers?

D/D+ members never had access to the CL on Freedom class ships.

Archived