D+ on Freedom class

I am locking in the information I received from Michelle. This just arrived from guess who. LOL No kidding...........I asked him to clarify this personally for me so I would not be surprised when I board the ship.

Hi Gina. Thanks for your email. Yes D+ members may go to either lounge and yes the Diamond lounge will remain full bar. Enjoy your cruise and thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean. Adam

--------------------------

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

This is good news! I'm glad for all the D+ people who want a choice. And, I'm glad for all of us D who would like to have a beer/open bar!:D Now, hopefully every ship will be consistent!:rolleyes:

Does he know what his own company policy is? We just got off the 8-29 Liberty cruise. We were upgraded to a GS & are D+ so we had access to both lounges. We always chose to use the Diamond lounge as we meet so many nice people there. We had 2 couples at our table, one was D+ & in a GS & their friends just became D+ and were in a balcony cabin. They were not allowed to use the concierge lounge because they were not in a suite. This did not change for them on Sept 1. On Freedom class ships D & D+ can only use the Diamond lounge & they are not given a key to the concierge lounge.

The policy isn't/wasn't changed mid-cruise. Your cruise began in August. D+ in the CL on Freedom class is supposed to begin on cruises that depart on or after Sept. 1.

I did suggest to Mr. G and Mr. F that they might want to clarify this with their concierges on board so that there are no misunderstandings. We'll see.

Gina

Sorry if this is a "dumb" question. This will be our first cruise as Diamond members. What is the difference between the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge? Hours, offerings, locations?

No question is 'dumb' that's why we're on CC! Don't be afraid of asking.

On Freedom class ships there are 2 lounges. The Diamond Lounge is located in the Viking Crown on deck 14 with sea views and the Concierge Lounge is located on deck 10.

As to exactly what they offer and opening times, there are more experienced cruisers on here who can tell you that as we're sailing first time as Diamond on our upcoming sailing on FOS.

Sorry if this is a "dumb" question. This will be our first cruise as Diamond members. What is the difference between the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge? Hours, offerings, locations?

Prior to Sept 1 the services, beverages, continental breakfast, cappuccino machine, etc were the same. As noted, the DL had a great location and great view while the CL was inside with no windows, but, convenient to a lot of suites. The DL is on the deck 14 where the 19th hole lounge is on Voyager class ships. The DL was only for D and D+ and the CL was only for suite passengers. After Sep 1, the CL was also to include D+, but, the DL was not supposed to change.

When RCI announced the rule changes, there was a lot of speculation about how it should be implemented, what would be implemented and what changes would be made. Even as late as this week the discussions cannot on agree on what is going to happen. This post is asking D and D+ for their experience on Freedom class ships to see how anything may have changed. By finding out from the D and D+ who traveled we should eliminate speculation.

There is another thread discussing general changes for D and D+ on all other classes of ships but, this was directed for comments about those ships that had both a CL and DL.

No question is 'dumb' that's why we're on CC! Don't be afraid of asking.

On Freedom class ships there are 2 lounges. The Diamond Lounge is located in the Viking Crown on deck 14 with sea views and the Concierge Lounge is located on deck 10.

As to exactly what they offer and opening times, there are more experienced cruisers on here who can tell you that as we're sailing first time as Diamond on our upcoming sailing on FOS.

Thank you for your response and please report back on "your" experience. Our upcoming Freedom cruise in April will also be our first Diamond cruise and also our first time cruising the Eastern Caribbean. Have a wonderful time and I look forward to your review. Wanda

Still no clear news yet, im leaving England on Friday to join the freedom on sunday looks like I will just have to wait and see.

Will you please report back to us from the ship? Early in your cruise? That way those of us leaving the following Sunday won't have to wait and see.

I'm still hoping that Adam Goldstein is right about his own company's new policy. :rolleyes: :p

Received this email about 5 hours ago:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for our delay in response. The Freedom and Oasis class do have a Diamond Club onboard. We will offer a complimentary "happy hour" to our Diamond members in this lounge. If we can be of further assistance please let us know. Thank you for your patronage to Royal Caribbean International.

Annette, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Christopher Alford

Crown & Anchor Society

Think I'll hold onto that one for the time being!:p

A~

Super, can you get it in writing? Consistancy doesn't seem to be one of their better qualities. Either in writing or verbal. :confused:

Really for me as long as there is the DL I really don't care about the CL.

That is also what it states on the RCI website under C&A benefits. Perhaps a personal letter from Mr. Fain.

Does it matter? I don't understand the urgency in knowing. Unless you are going to cancel your cruise because of the change if it doesn't suit your preferences, to use a phrase I really really hate, but I can't think of anything that applies better - it is what it is.

Yes, it matters. The Diamond lounge is much more attractive than the Concierge lounge because it has an entire wall of glass looking out over the sea. And on Liberty, there is also access from the DL to an outside sitting area.

Perhaps it's me. I just don't see enough to get so worked up over. It's not like the success of their vacation depends up whether or not they have access to the CL. I can see a question of curiosity, but not to be so determined to get an answer.

Perhaps it's me. I just don't see enough to get so worked up over. It's not like the success of their vacation depends up whether or not they have access to the CL. I can see a question of curiosity, but not to be so determined to get an answer.

Well, most people posting here on CC have an interest in many facets of their upcoming cruises. Don't see much to be gained by questioning a poster's motives. If you have no interest, don't read or post on the thread.

My need to know comes from wanting to know about the CL on the Independence. We have a mix of D+, D, Gold, and nothing on our family cruise. DH likes a single mixed drink before dinner each evening, so I wanted to make sure we could go into the CL (looks like we can as D+). I also needed to know about cabin mates in the DL (they can go in with our D sons).

My need to know comes from wanting to know about the CL on the Independence. We have a mix of D+, D, Gold, and nothing on our family cruise. DH likes a single mixed drink before dinner each evening, so I wanted to make sure we could go into the CL (looks like we can as D+). I also needed to know about cabin mates in the DL (they can go in with our D sons).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1058782

First report back ......I don't think the proper memo's went to the ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1058782

First report back ......I don't think the proper memo's went to the ships.

Obviously not...what else is new? :D

The lady on the phone at C&A who read the new policy to me from her new booklet had a section that specifically mentioned "Freedom class ships" and it also said that D+ has access to the concierge lounge.

Gina

Obviously not...what else is new? :D

The lady on the phone at C&A who read the new policy to me from her new booklet had a section that specifically mentioned "Freedom class ships" and it also said that D+ has access to the concierge lounge.

Gina

Hey, thanks, Gina!

I emailed C&A about this, and asked that they make sure the Concierges have the policy consistently. When I get the reply back, I'll print it and take it with me if there is still some confusion by the time I go in December. I hope it's all consistent by then, one way or the other.

Archived