CCL vs RCCL vs NCL - ONE Reason Why?

yesaccasey

Anyway, my choice is first a ship less than 3000 PAX, but if I must be on a ship with more than 3000 PAX, I prefer the Princess grand class and everything NOT being centrally located.

I found that to be the most interesting and best part of my Princess cruise. I was on the Crown Princess with 3,600 other people and never felt crowded because pools, restaurants, and other public areas are located throughout the ship. At the same time, you get all of the benefits of being on a large ship like multiple upscale surcharge restaurants and several varied venues for evening entertainment. But if we were to bring our kids, first choice would be an RCI ship with all of the bells and whistles UNLESS price was so much more than a newer Carnival ship. So the answer for me here is that it all depends. We have never been on NCL but have heard great things about their newer ships. Good to keep an open mind and weigh all of the factors.

I found that to be the most interesting and best part of my Princess cruise. I was on the Crown Princess with 3,600 other people and never felt crowded because pools, restaurants, and other public areas are located throughout the ship. At the same time, you get all of the benefits of being on a large ship like multiple upscale surcharge restaurants and several varied venues for evening entertainment. But if we were to bring our kids, first choice would be an RCI ship with all of the bells and whistles UNLESS price was so much more than a newer Carnival ship. So the answer for me here is that it all depends. We have never been on NCL but have heard great things about their newer ships. Good to keep an open mind and weigh all of the factors.

Yes, the pools on the Princess grand class, another plus, more pools than the voyager class. Hopefully though, this was corrected on the freedom class.

We've only cruised two times, and set for a third, never the same line. We choose by desintation, length of times in ports, price and the time we want to go. We've had no complaints with the cruises we've been on (Crown Dynasty and NCL Star).......hopefully we can say the same for RCL Spendour of the Seas as well!

RCL -- A step up (maybe small, but still upwards) from Carnival.

I view Carnival as the McDonalds of the cruise industry... cheaper, but yes good value for the money. More party ship atmosphere on Carnival

Royal Caribbean – maybe the Friday’s / Applebee’s of the cruise industry. Just a notch better; costs a bit more, but I think added value is there; less of a party ship. Extremely friendly crew, especially on the smaller ships if you can call 2,000 passengers small?

We just did an extended family cruise on Royal- Adventure of the Seas and six out of seven really loved it. DH liked Princess better. The two youngest 21 and 13 really loved all the activities after us older adults had turned in. They went to a lot of shows, the parades etc.

This is a very interesting thread and I have enjoyed reading the responses.

Of the three lines mentioned, I have been on all three at least three times each, and right now I'm going to go with NCL for these reasons, and all are equally important:

1. Best prices for balcony cabins

2. Resort casual dress attire

3. Many different dining options

RCL - another vote for Voyager class and Im not young either, just love that ship. Its WOW

I get a lot of bang for my buck on RCL, less so now that you cant combine OBCs, must have been a good secret for a long time as so many think Carnival is so much cheaper.

Princess comes a close 2nd. - more bridge players lol best food (I know Princess wasnt a choice to vote for).

I've never been on NCL so I can't comment on them, but when it's between RCL and Carnival, I think I'd pick Carnival. Mainly because of the value for the money. BUT it really depends on what you're looking for. RCI and Carnival have very different atmospheres. If you want something quieter, go with RCI. If you're in a party mood, go with Carnival.

Archived