Coffee Card...

Immisspriss

Immisspriss, I sent you a friends request so if Luvsprincess did not pursue this, I would like the coffee card and would be glad to send you a self-addressed envelope. You can also contact me at kacruiser@sbcglobal.net with your address.

Thank you for offering your card to CC members. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. :)

I have a coffee card with 9 coffee's left. Free to the first person to PM me, and send me a SASE......

Probably not likely I will cruise with Princess again if they make me carry my own baggage...

I have never had to carry my own luggage. It would be interesting to see if Princess would give you an answer as to why this happened.

• 1 month later...
Can you tell what a coffee card is? We are sailing on the Star December 22 around the Horn.

A coffee card can be purchased for 15 specialty coffees. It cost around $28. You can also get unlimited brewed coffee and hot chocolate at the International Cafe by showing the card (no punches) They will punch the card for each specialty coffee ordered (you can get more than 1 at a time, but will have the appropriate punches) If you still have punches on it you can use it for future Princess cruises. We had one on our cruise last week and had no problem getting 2 speciality coffees at a time plus a hot chocolate! Still have 2 punches left, too!

When did Princess start to make you carry your own baggage???

Ron

Yeah, that's the real question. Forget the coffee card, if you can't afford your own then you might have a bigger problem.

Getting back to the luggage issue. So why does the OP feel they have to carry their own luggage unless they decide to do so? Certainly hand luggage containing your valuables and stuff for embarkation or disembarkation shouldn't be a problem and everyone has always taken care of that themselves. If they are referring to disembarkation when they have to collect their luggage and get it through C&E, there is usually a porter or some other help to get that done.

Guess we'll have to wait for the OP to fill us in.

If you had done a search of my previous posts, we sailed on the September 19-23 sailing of the Sapphire, and it was a nightmare. They made every passenger that didn't have Princess post excursions, or Princess travel carry all of their own luggage off of the boat. If you can immagine a cruise that emarked and disembarked from Vancouver, there were many locals on board. The ship had been sold out. The lines simply to get on an elevator were in excess of 1 hour.

You can look up my name, and see previous posts for the whole story...and I wasn't the only one on board that had the same story. Puterdude (I think that was his name) had the same story, but only worse as he had a disabled wife to deal with as well.

They were more than happy to take our luggage to get on the ship, more than happy to enjoy our rather excessive on board spending, but when it took to getting off the ship... they gave us the royal kiss off.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1065127&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1065635&highlight=

Does saving a whopping $28.00 really mean that much. I could never understand why so many people get so exicted and go to these lengths to get free coffee from princess. I'm not being specific about anyone person, just generalizing.

Bob

If you had done a search of my previous posts, we sailed on the September 19-23 sailing of the Sapphire, and it was a nightmare. They made every passenger that didn't have Princess post excursions, or Princess travel carry all of their own luggage off of the boat. If you can immagine a cruise that emarked and disembarked from Vancouver, there were many locals on board. The ship had been sold out. The lines simply to get on an elevator were in excess of 1 hour.

You can look up my name, and see previous posts for the whole story...and I wasn't the only one on board that had the same story. Puterdude (I think that was his name) had the same story, but only worse as he had a disabled wife to deal with as well.

They were more than happy to take our luggage to get on the ship, more than happy to enjoy our rather excessive on board spending, but when it took to getting off the ship... they gave us the royal kiss off.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1065127&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1065635&highlight=

I find it hard to believe that Princess "made" you carry all of your liggage, however, if you say they did then they did. You are well within your thoughts to never cruise Princess again. We will miss you!!

Ron

I find it hard to believe that Princess "made" you carry all of your liggage, however, if you say they did then they did. You are well within your thoughts to never cruise Princess again. We will miss you!!

Ron

Really Ron, they did! We called guest services to verify this as all of the times that we cruised before we were to set our luggage out in the hall before midnight the night before, and they said "no you have to take your own luggage off the ship." I should have taken pictures because it really does seem unbelievable. If you read the first link (Puterdude) it was horrific. People were in tears, struggling with multiple pieces of luggage, wheelchairs, strollers, etc.

Don't know about the OP's cruise, but on some of the one and two-day relocation cruises all passengers are asked to carry off their own luggage.

The theory may be that for such a short cruise there will not be a significant amount of luggage to carry off although that may not be true for when such a short cruise is just part of a longer vacation.

Archived