Luggage Tags Online?

bjkTX

I was just looking at the Cruise Personalizer for two cruises we have in May 2010 and Feb 2011. On both, where it has always showed "Boarding Pass" that you could print out up to 75 days before the cruise, it now says "Boarding Pass and Luggage Tags." Has Princess gone Carnival?

I was just looking at the Cruise Personalizer for two cruises we have in May 2010 and Feb 2011. On both, where it has always showed "Boarding Pass" that you could print out up to 75 days before the cruise, it now says "Boarding Pass and Luggage Tags." Has Princess gone Carnival?
Interesting. Just checked for my cruise next January and sure 'nuff, there they are. HAL has just started doing this too, i.e., print your own luggage tags.

We are cruising the Crown in November and luggage tags are not yet an option in my personalizer. I printed everything off last week and had forgotten about luggage tags until I reads your posts. I called Princess and they said they are in transition with this and will have to mail ours.

Guess I'll have to wait a few more days for them...

Interesting. Just checked for my cruise next January and sure 'nuff, there they are. HAL has just started doing this too, i.e., print your own luggage tags.

How will be attach them? I thought the other ones we rather sturdy, not paper. Maybe a dumb question, but please help me out. :cool:

How will be attach them? I thought the other ones we rather sturdy, not paper. Maybe a dumb question, but please help me out. :cool:

The way I've always done them through Carnival is to print them, in color if you can, on cardstock, then I laminate them, punch a hole in both ends and secure them on the luggage handle with a plastic cable tie. I've never had one come off in three years of doing this.

I have no idea; I've never had them but I'll find out in March for my Zuiderdam cruise.

The way I've always done them through Carnival is to print them, in color if you can, on cardstock, then I laminate them, punch a hole in both ends and secure them on the luggage handle with a plastic cable tie. I've never had one come off in three years of doing this.
People on the HAL board have said they do this but it sounds like a heck of a lot of trouble. I guess I'd use clear package tape on both sides and then staple the ends together on my bag's handle.

No matter what, they'll have luggage tags at the pier that you can fill out there.

I have no idea; I've never had them but I'll find out in March for my Zuiderdam cruise.

People on the HAL board have said they do this but it sounds like a heck of a lot of trouble. I guess I'd use clear package tape on both sides and then staple the ends together on my bag's handle.

No matter what, they'll have luggage tags at the pier that you can fill out there.

I think its ridiculous.

I will continue to ask for them to be sent or I will get them at the pier. :rolleyes:

Good catch Brian!

I just went into our upcoming cruise and pulled up the print luggage tag screen, which wasn't there last week. Anyway, I took a look at the tag, and it is all filled out, shows I am an elite member, and has a bar code as well. And you print it on a letter size sheet, do a little origami, and attach. Thinking clear packing tape might be good to reinforce the little dickens.

I would have agreed with Colo Cruiser until I pulled it up, and saw everything filled in, and the bar code, which should make processing luggage even quicker for the crew.

BTW, no word from our kids yet on the Grand in Feb 2011. Wonder what is taking them so long!

Ginger

Sounds like the best way to go. I like the suggestions others have made about printing on card stock, laminating, hole punching, etc. That just seems like so much trouble.

Does anyone know: if you DO have the option to print them (seems like not everyone does yet), does that mean you will NOT receive some in the mail? If I don't get them directly from Princess, I'll probably wait until I get to the pier. I can do all that other stuff, but it seems like a lot to do in addition to all the packing and other arrangements. Getting them at the pier will be my best bet.

Jenny

Thanks for all the comments. Maybe if we ask Princess, they'll still send them by mail. Probably not, though.

How does one get tags at the pier easily? We are dropped off by bus and leave our luggage at that point to be put on the ship. No way to get tags at that point.

Enjoy reading all your helpful ideas. Joleen

Thanks for all the comments. Maybe if we ask Princess, they'll still send them by mail. Probably not, though.

How does one get tags at the pier easily? We are dropped off by bus and leave our luggage at that point to be put on the ship. No way to get tags at that point.

Enjoy reading all your helpful ideas. Joleen

You can obtain tags from the porters.

They will have to mail them as not everyone has computers.

Pardon my stupidity .... (newbie :o )

I've read that some people do not find out what stateroom they are in until they actual board the ship. (I don't have a room on my personalizer, for example).

So....if I get to the dock with our luggage and pick up tags from a porter there, what would I write on the tags if I don't know the room? Just my name?

Told you it was stupid......but I don't know.

Pardon my stupidity .... (newbie :o )

I've read that some people do not find out what stateroom they are in until they actual board the ship. (I don't have a room on my personalizer, for example).

So....if I get to the dock with our luggage and pick up tags from a porter there, what would I write on the tags if I don't know the room? Just my name?

Told you it was stupid......but I don't know.

You would actually find out at the pier about your cabin not onboard.

The porters have an updated list so they will know what to put on your luggage tags.

Don't worry they (your bags) will find you. :D

You know it was kind of sad when they went to having us print our own e-tickets/boarding passes instead of having them show up in snail-mail allowing us the right to do the "doc dance". And now we are supposed to print our own luggage tags! :eek: Unless we go to the trouble to laminate them or cover them carefully with clear tape :( and then devise a method of securing them to our luggage it could take days before suitcases arrive at the correct cabins. :mad: I know, really I do, that in todays economy the cruise lines need to cut back on costs but I'd rather they skipped my pillow chocolates and kept right on mailing me rip-proof securable luggage tags. Oh well, enough for MHO.

I agree. But I'm not sure their luggage tags are any better. On our cruise last month we went to claim our two bags at the dock after the cruise. One bag was totally ruined - and the other was missing. After waiting about a half hour they showed up with a cart with about 15 bags on it that they said the tags had come off of - ours was one of them. It didn't even make it from the room to the loading dock :-)

You know it was kind of sad when they went to having us print our own e-tickets/boarding passes instead of having them show up in snail-mail allowing us the right to do the "doc dance". And now we are supposed to print our own luggage tags! :eek: Unless we go to the trouble to laminate them or cover them carefully with clear tape :( and then devise a method of securing them to our luggage it could take days before suitcases arrive at the correct cabins. :mad: I know, really I do, that in todays economy the cruise lines need to cut back on costs but I'd rather they skipped my pillow chocolates and kept right on mailing me rip-proof securable luggage tags. Oh well, enough for MHO.

Seriously... no need to fret. No need for color printing, card stock or laminating either.

Just print out on regular paper, cut tags individually with scissors.

Then cut 8"-10"" sections of packing tape and lay flat on counter.

Lay each tag on each sticky side of tape.

Affix tape to luggage handle in same manner as before (center it on the handle and bring sides together).

Done!

Seriously... no need to fret. No need for color printing, card stock or laminating either.

Just print out on regular paper, cut tags individually with scissors.

Then cut 8"-10"" sections of packing tape and lay flat on counter.

Lay each tag on each sticky side of tape.

Affix tape to luggage handle in same manner as before (center it on the handle and bring sides together).

Done!

Brilliant!

Right, because I have extra hours in my day to do stupid arts and crafts projects.

Princess, just send me the bloody luggage tags already. I'm paying you three grand for a cruise, two pieces of coloured sticky paper aren't too much to ask in return.

Archived