Specialty Restaurant Pricing Increase

TWELVEOHONE

Is this a test situation that will be extended fleet wide if it is successful or only a perk on Solstice Class ships.

It is a norm on Solstice Class, but there are invitations for free dining in the specialty restaurants on "M" class and "Century" class also.

The specialty restaurant charge covers the tip. Actually the cost is only going up $5 per person. Not bad considering it has been quite a while since it increased to $30 from the original charge of $25 per person.

From Celebrity's website:

That is the company line but from what we have been told, they do not necessarily receive all of that & glady accept more...most of those we speak to do leave something extra quite willingly..but I guess everyone does what they feel is correct...

I'd like to hear more from others about this--don't want to be chumps or cheapies!

That is the company line but from what we have been told, they do not necessarily receive all of that & glady accept more...most of those we speak to do leave something extra quite willingly..but I guess everyone does what they feel is correct...

I'd like to hear more from others about this--don't want to be chumps or cheapies!

We also leave an additional tip when we dine at the specialty restaurant. However, that was when all of our end of the cruise tips only went to people who were assigned to service us. Now that tips are prepaid and pooled among all crew members I might rethink this.

We have frequently specialty enjoyed dining on every ship that has offered it since we started cruising on X and RCCL and and consider the specialty dining cost a cover charge assuming this money goes to the house for the most part. That's why I have no issue leaving what I consider to be amounts in line with what it cost us if....and I have no qualms whatsoever griping about the questionable service in Murano's on Solstice in March which IMHO was a fiasco.

If it is similar in November in that particular venue then oh well guys...I will happily be called cheap, because I am no jerk. They got me in March on the benefit of the doubt and we will leave it at that if I ever experience a poor level of service again in that particular venue.

So. Asked and Answered.

While I have enjoyed Muranos, United States etc. My latest experience on the Equinox was not great at Muranos. I felt that $30 was too much. I definitely would not pay more.

The service was ok but the food was a disappointment.

We have had superb meals in Normandie, Murano's and Ocean Liners. For us, the $35 surcharge isn't an issue. Actually, we've pretty much decided that we enjoy the specialty dining more than an excursion, so for our upcoming cruises we'll budget those $ for meals.

No one forces anyone to take advantage of specialty dining. The MDR is wonderful, but we just like a choice. :)

That's exactly how I feel. DH really wants the experience but I would prefer to use the $70.00 towards a shore excursion which I would remember for a long time. I find the food in the MDR quite suitable.

Not only are you paying the $35.00 extra, per person.... you are also giving up the 5-course meal waiting for you in the MDR

HAL raised their speciality dining not too long ago people quit going do the lowered it back. Hopefully this will be the case.

If tried the speciality dining on Celebrity and while good not worth $35

The Pinnacle Grill on HAL was outstanding and a steal at $20. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the quality now that their most travelled cruisers get 25 - 50% off.

• 2 months later...
Specialty Restaurant Pricing Increase Effective as of January 1, 2010

Effective for all specialty restaurant reservations made as of January 1, 2010, we will be implementing a $5 increase to our current reservation charges. Below, please find the new reservation charges for each specialty restaurant:

Murano (CN and Solstice Class): $35

Ocean Liners (CS): $35

SS United States (IN): $35

The Normandie (SM): $35

The Olympic (ML): $35

Tuscan Grille (Solstice Class): $30

Silk Harvest (Solstice Class): $25

The price changes will be effective as of the following sail dates:

CN: 1/04/10

CS: 1/03/10

EC: 4/26/10

EQ: 1/04/10

IN: 1/03/10

SL: 1/03/10

SM: 1/02/10

Please note that all specialty restaurant reservations made prior to January 1, 2010 will still be charged the current rates. However, if any changes are made to an existing reservation (e.g. dining time, number of guests on the reservation, etc.), the new rate will be charged.

Where on Celebrities website does it state the price increase?

Archived