Specialty Restaurant Pricing Increase

TWELVEOHONE

Specialty Restaurant Pricing Increase Effective as of January 1, 2010

Effective for all specialty restaurant reservations made as of January 1, 2010, we will be implementing a $5 increase to our current reservation charges. Below, please find the new reservation charges for each specialty restaurant:

Murano (CN and Solstice Class): $35

Ocean Liners (CS): $35

SS United States (IN): $35

The Normandie (SM): $35

The Olympic (ML): $35

Tuscan Grille (Solstice Class): $30

Silk Harvest (Solstice Class): $25

The price changes will be effective as of the following sail dates:

CN: 1/04/10

CS: 1/03/10

EC: 4/26/10

EQ: 1/04/10

IN: 1/03/10

SL: 1/03/10

SM: 1/02/10

Please note that all specialty restaurant reservations made prior to January 1, 2010 will still be charged the current rates. However, if any changes are made to an existing reservation (e.g. dining time, number of guests on the reservation, etc.), the new rate will be charged.

IF THE PRICE IS 35$ DOES THAT MEAN THAT MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD PAY 70$ FOR DINNER THAT NIGHT? On top of our cruise fare?

Just curious....that sounds kind of high.

NCL (which I'm sure is no comparison to Celeb) had 10$ rest. charges and sometimes nights that were half price.

This will be my 1st Celeb cruise. I'm Veeeery excited!

IF THE PRICE IS 35$ DOES THAT MEAN THAT MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD PAY 70$ FOR DINNER THAT NIGHT? On top of our cruise fare?

NCL (which I'm sure is no comparison to Celeb) had 10$ rest. charges and sometimes nights that were half price.

Yes, and I also agree $70 is high because if you have a few drinks the bill will probably be over $100 a couple in addition to the cost of food that is included in your cruise fare. In my opinion, the specialty restaurants on Celebrity are better than some of NCL's specialty restaurants but very comparable to NCL's Bistro Restaurant.

However, since a Celebrity cruise is not nearly as expensive as it use to be I can understand why they are raising the prices in their specialty restaurants. This way people who want the dining experience that was typical for its main dining room when its cruises were more expensive can have it by paying extra to dine at their specialty restaurants.

Yes it does.

Its still worth it, you have to try the Goats Cheese Soufflé, it is to die for:D

On our March TA on the Azamara Journey, we felt that the food was every bit as good and with greater menu choices in the main dining room than in either of the two specialty restaurants. At $70 per couple in Equinox specialty restaurants plus the inflated cost of a decent wine, we are approaching prices we'd expect to pay at fancy joints at home. Now, if the Murano or Tuscan Grill are in the same league as the Olympic on the Millennium, we just might splurge.

We're happy to pay the extra surcharge as the experience is exceptionally well executed. This is one key area where Celebrity really does substantially outshine the competition.

I've not found an alternative restaurant on other mainstream cruiselines that compares.

We were deeply disappointed in our last experience with the Pinnacle Grill on HAL. We may have just been unlucky that night, but the staff was awkward and the food was sub par. It made us long to be back on X.

This boils down really to personal preferences and budgets. I think $35 is a very fair price for the experience. The environment is cozy, quiet and calming and the service is truly top drawer. The food is presented with a flourish and the quality of everything served is really sensational.

Sorry to hear about the price increase for those who choose to eat in the specialty restaurants.. We tried it once & decided that it wasn't worth the extra charges because we really enjoy the food in the main dining room. If the day comes that the food in the main DR is not good enough, I guess we'll have to find an alternate vacation. I hope not.

Sorry to hear about the price increase for those who choose to eat in the specialty restaurants.. We tried it once & decided that it wasn't worth the extra charges because we really enjoy the food in the main dining room. If the day comes that the food in the main DR is not good enough, I guess we'll have to find an alternate vacation. I hope not.

I agree completely. Food in main dining room is just perfect for us. Tries a speciality reataurant once and to us just not worth the extra charge, we can afford it but still not worth it.

Specialty Restaurant Pricing Increase Effective as of January 1, 2010

Effective for all specialty restaurant reservations made as of January 1, 2010, we will be implementing a $5 increase to our current reservation charges. Below, please find the new reservation charges for each specialty restaurant:

Murano (CN and Solstice Class): $35

Ocean Liners (CS): $35

SS United States (IN): $35

The Normandie (SM): $35

The Olympic (ML): $35

Tuscan Grille (Solstice Class): $30

Silk Harvest (Solstice Class): $25

The price changes will be effective as of the following sail dates:

CN: 1/04/10

CS: 1/03/10

EC: 4/26/10

EQ: 1/04/10

IN: 1/03/10

SL: 1/03/10

SM: 1/02/10

Please note that all specialty restaurant reservations made prior to January 1, 2010 will still be charged the current rates. However, if any changes are made to an existing reservation (e.g. dining time, number of guests on the reservation, etc.), the new rate will be charged.

I'm not sure what to think about this with the recent reports of cut backs in some of these venues. :(

Thanks for Heads Up. I am on X for total of month ending Dec., 09. I will indulge myself. Anyone recently done alternate restaurants Century or Connie?? Scott- Did my first HAL Pinnacle Grill this Spring. It reminded me of dining with my parents in the 50s. Boring menu. Conneticut lady- One can save lots of $$ by having your pre dinner drinks in your cabin. X allows 2 bottles of wine brought on at embarkation. The X alternate restaurants are definately worth the extra tab.

You will pay less as the prices are not going up until after our cruise

I don't mind paying as long as it's good. Like anyone I"m sure!???

NCL was my only cruise and Cagneys was 10$ and it was a steak and lobster dinner. It was fine....the bistro was more and the food was good. Paying for garbage is what makes me boil LOL

Elaine-I can NOT wait for our cruise! It's my first celeb cruise-I'm so excited! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Not only food and wine but also an extra tip--

Glad we have already been to all of these venues (exept Murano on Solstice)-- Silk Harvest is our current favorite!

The specialty restaurant charge covers the tip. Actually the cost is only going up $5 per person. Not bad considering it has been quite a while since it increased to $30 from the original charge of $25 per person.

From Celebrity's website:

There is a cover charge for dining in the specialty restaurants onboard Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Infinity, and Celebrity Summit. This charge is a $30 per person charge that will be posted to your onboard signature account (This covers gratuities). Additional charges apply for wines and other beverages purchased as usual.

Celebrity's alternative restaurants are the cream of the crop. You get the feeling of being on one of the cruises back in the day. Waited on hand and foot, white glove service, and table side cooking. They even walk the women to the bathroom. Very elegent. Friends of our have been on NCL and they claim Celebrity's alternative restaurants are 70% better than NCL. So I guess the pricing is right. We have been many times and absolutely loved it. The main dining room is amazing so we usually go only once or twice to the alternative restaurants if we are one a 12 day cruise or more.

I actually called Celebrity's specialty restaurant to book the Murano and was told they charge your CC immediately. Is this normal. What happens if you cancel the cruise for any reason, do credit your card at that point?

Celebrity's alternative restaurants are the cream of the crop. You get the feeling of being on one of the cruises back in the day. Waited on hand and foot, white glove service, and table side cooking. They even walk the women to the bathroom. Very elegent. Friends of our have been on NCL and they claim Celebrity's alternative restaurants are 70% better than NCL. So I guess the pricing is right. We have been many times and absolutely loved it. The main dining room is amazing so we usually go only once or twice to the alternative restaurants if we are one a 12 day cruise or more.

Archived