We're BOOKED!!! And it's a surprise for my DH!!!

Laughing Gull

That's GREAT!!! He's going to be floored. On our Panama cruise I surprised my DH with a balcony. It killed me but I kept it secret. When the gal brought us to our cabin he told her there must be some mistake as we had a oceanview. I turned and smiled SURPRISE! I can still see the look on his face. Like a little kid.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I'm doing the same thing! I've booked my DH and I on a 3-day 3-night cruise on the Ruby in December, which leaves the day after his 50th. It's a total surprise - I've booked a limo to pick us up at our house at 4:45 AM to take us to the airport, at which time he'll see our suitcases in the trunk of the limo! Then I'll just tell him we're having lunch in Florida, just for a "birthday adventure," and when we get to Ft. Lauderdale and we're in a cab, I'll ask him if he wants to join me for lunch in Horizon Court!!! See? I've thought the whole thing through, and I've already kept it a secret for 2 months. He's easy to surprise, and this will be especially easy because we're also booked for a 10-day cruise in January that he DOES know about.

Should be a blast for him - and for me, seeing his face when it all comes together! What a way to turn 50, huh?

I booked a Deluxe Alaska Cruisetour for next August. We haven't cruised aboard Princess, but we figured we'd give it a try. We want to be in the circle for our Hawaii cruise the following year.

It's strange, because we have been happy with Royal Caribbean, and planned to cruise exclusively with them. But on our Canada/New England cruise, we thoroughly enjoyed it, but noticed several things. We sound petty mentioning them. Chocolates with turn down discontinuted, commemorative gift discontinued. A few meals over steam tabled. And we're not the only ones that noticed. With all the money they spend on photo processing, I bet it would cover the chocolates many times over.

The kicker was that we noticed our Hawaii cruise aboard RCCL had been dropped to three cruises. And Princess had the itinerary we wanted. So, we're dipping our toes!

Cool Mama 1, I hope everything goes well for you both.

Well, here's how (I hope) the surprise will work....if I can keep my big mouth closed and he doesn't catch me glued to cruise critic!....:cool:

We're going on a Southern Caribbean cruise. We usually go to Puerto Rico for a few days for shopping in December, so I suggested to him that since we were going there, I would book the surprise portion at a destination that we could get to from San Juan where there is a major airport (compared to where we live) and I would not tell him where. He thought that was a good idea and thinks I am spending a lot of time on the internet trying to decide where to take him.

He will know that we are flying to PR, and then at some point I'll tell him about the cruise...haven't figured out that part yet. Maybe at dinner the first night I could hand him an envelope with the cruise docs??

I pack for him every trip anyway, so that part is not hard!

I should have booked the shopping part for after the cruise but already paid for the air tx to arrive on the Friday. so, we'll be the ones boarding the cruise with LOTS of bags!!!!!

I booked a surprise a few years ago. I booked a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity and the ship was replaced by the Journey. So I had a cruise I paid $600 per person for and it turned into the Journey and prices went to $1300 per person. So score for me. I called his job and put in for vacation time. I took care of everything. Went to visit a friend of mine in the hospital and she was on a lot of pain meds and says to my husband I'm so sorry we can't go to Bermuda with you. He says he's not going to Bermuda and she says oh yes you are but it's a surprise. I'm sitting right there with my mouth hanging open. In the elevator he says he doesn't want to go but no amount of telling him how great it will be on the Journey would sway him. I had to cancel.

I so couldn't keep that surprise! We talk about cruising almost every day. Right now we are waiting until DH finishes chemo and his immune system is better but for now, we live from you lucky ones that are cruising! Enjoy your cruise!

Hey, I don't know if you will see this, but I know that you were considering our cruise on the Ruby... I am sure that everyone on our roll call has you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers!!!!

I booked a surprise a few years ago. I booked a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity and the ship was replaced by the Journey. So I had a cruise I paid $600 per person for and it turned into the Journey and prices went to $1300 per person. So score for me. I called his job and put in for vacation time. I took care of everything. Went to visit a friend of mine in the hospital and she was on a lot of pain meds and says to my husband I'm so sorry we can't go to Bermuda with you. He says he's not going to Bermuda and she says oh yes you are but it's a surprise. I'm sitting right there with my mouth hanging open. In the elevator he says he doesn't want to go but no amount of telling him how great it will be on the Journey would sway him. I had to cancel.

Oh my! That's terrible! I'm going to stop telling my friends.

DH and I are on our first cruise and so excited. Thanks to all of you here at CC, we really want to try a balcony, but we have already booked the inside for our cruise. The price for upgrading just seemed so steep. We always second guess ourselves especially when we skimp on something. Well I just decided to surprise him with a balcony so I made the upgrade call about 10 days ago. I chose to book the lowest guarantee. Since we have never cruise before, we are just going to be excited with a balcony (but I am secretly holding out for a BB or BA on the Caribe deck). Anyway as one of the posters mentioned earlier (if I can keep my mouth shut), I am just going to surprise him at the room. Can't wait to see his face.

Best of luck to all of you great surprise planers out there.

Happy Cruising

Archived