Rooms next to the glass elevators

jillluvsnate

Hi!

We finally got our guarantee room assignment... I'm a little disheartened that we we ended up with a room right next to a glass elevator. I was wondering if anyone out there has had experiences with staying in and/or observing the rooms next to the glass elevators?

Thanks!

Jill

We did not but on our TA a member of our cc group did. As much as I tried to look at her balcony and wave when I rode the elevator I could not ever manage it. (and I had seven straight sea days to try)

Don't be disheartened---you have a balcony on a cruise. and you probably got a good price.

What exactly are you planning on doing on your balcony?

Yes, if the elevator is stopped at your deck and you are on your veranda you will be "seen". If the elevator is just going by it's hard to notice anything on the verandas as they passs by.

Most people on the elevators look straight out to sea.

Don't stress and just enjoy your cabin / veranda. What catagory did you guarantee? You really have no beef if this cabin is the guarantee catagory or better.

Hi!

We finally got our guarantee room assignment... I'm a little disheartened that we we ended up with a room right next to a glass elevator. I was wondering if anyone out there has had experiences with staying in and/or observing the rooms next to the glass elevators?

Thanks!

Jill

We did stay in a cabin right next to a glass elevator. You may be surprised what a non-issue it is once you are on board and on your balcony. Like you, we had some concerns about people in the elevator peering at us. This was not the case and we really didn't give the elevator much thought at all.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just a comment about a recent cruise and a young couple that had a SA cabin beside to the glass elevator. The first night they thought they would use the balacony for extra activities but got caught in the act. They were reported and given a warning. Big brother does watch and is jealous. Have fun. I can feel the excitement. Keith if you read this you know the young couple I am referrence to and speaking about. Colakid.

Just a comment about a recent cruise and a young couple that had a SA cabin beside to the glass elevator. The first night they thought they would use the balacony for extra activities but got caught in the act. They were reported and given a warning. Big brother does watch and is jealous. Have fun. I can feel the excitement. Keith if you read this you know the young couple I am referrence to and speaking about. Colakid.

Indeed I do!

That's why I asked the OP what exactly they planned on doing on that balcony!:D

More views of the balconies next to the glass elevators:

2631214820102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

2595072220102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

2661313680102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

As has been mentioned: one passes the balconies so fast that you don't get much chance to see anything. I took these pictures going up and down a few times.

Subscribe to it (under Thread Tools) and it will always be in your list of subscribed threads under your User CP.

Yeah, I thought of that, but then pondered whether you all are worth it *WINK* *WINK* ;)

Actually from what I read on the posts here and the photos, I'm not too concerned.

Until I plan that wild party on the Verandah, that is. (more winkies)

Yeah, I thought of that, but then pondered whether you all are worth it *WINK* *WINK* ;)

Actually from what I read on the posts here and the photos, I'm not too concerned.

Did you say party on the verandah? Where will we find time to attend that too? :D

Disheartening? Oh no need. I had 6084 on the Noordam once, and it has been one of my favorites ever since.

Elevator riders are usually shy as they quickly pass by. I had fun waving at the few who glanced over.

I liked the fact there wasn't another verandah on that side. That way there was less chance of cigar molecules or off-key opera singing or something.

Enjoy!

Thank you all for your input. Especially the photos! This is only my second cruise and I just didn't know what to expect when I saw the location. Our upgrade wasn't significant but I was excited to get one anyway! This should be a fantastic cruise. I will post pics here of the balcony for anyone curious. ;) and I will be watching for any verandah parties from now on! Haha. Just for the record, none of that is in our plans ;)

Thank you all again for your input and advice!

We had a cabin right next to the glass elevators on the Westerdam and were concerned just as the OP was. But it was a non-issue. We never noticed anyone looking our way, which would have required leaning on the back glass. I suspect the pictures posted were done by leaning as far back as possible - otherwise very little of the balcony is seen. Also, we never heard much noise for those waiting for or getting off the elevators. By the way, that cabin assignment was also from a guarantee.

you guys. Who cares. I live by the ocean and oh boy, there's a lot of people who walk by my dining room when I am eating dinner. Yeah, no big deal. I am ashamed to say that I have waved at them on occasion. That is ok, it's not sarcastic. I just dont want to look like a mental case. I love the beach; am there every day 365, whatever, love to all....

Susie

Plan that wild party when I'm on a cruise with you. K? ;)

Archived