Everything: Oasis Junior Suites !

Boo's Mom

• 1 month later...

Still looking to find information as to the sizes of the balconies of the hump Junior Suites. I have read conflicting reports and now that she has a few sailings under her belt I'm looking for anyone who can comment:D

Thanks everyone! We're sure hoping that the deck plans are correct and our balcony is a tad larger than the others.

We were in 6640 on the 2/6 cruise. That is the more aft hump. The balcony was very deep - definately deeper than the cabins on the sides of the hump. The table & 3 chairs seemed small in the space.

The JS was beautiful and spacious. Loved the colors, the space, the bathroom and especially the closet. We had a JS with an additional berth. The berth was over the main bed not the sofa bed. There was a privacy curtain that actually went the whole way across the room! (It didn't help much with berth bed overhead, though.)

Priority boarding is not what is is cracked up to be. Last cruise, my two brothers were on before I was. And, the last few cruises I have been on, every one is on within 15-20 minutes. If people have completed there paperwork correctly and on line, should take a few moments to board.

We were in 6640 on the 2/6 cruise. That is the more aft hump. The balcony was very deep - definately deeper than the cabins on the sides of the hump. The table & 3 chairs seemed small in the space.

The JS was beautiful and spacious. Loved the colors, the space, the bathroom and especially the closet. We had a JS with an additional berth. The berth was over the main bed not the sofa bed. There was a privacy curtain that actually went the whole way across the room! (It didn't help much with berth bed overhead, though.)

Thanks so much! We are in 8240; same cabin port side.

One week to go and I'm buried in Michigan snow! Hope it all settles down as this is the first time I have ever had to fly down the day of sailing:eek:

Are there any perks with the JS? Besides double cruise points? Are we able to board with the suites? What is a hump cabin? I am booked for March in room 7644 does anyone know if this room will have a larger balcony?

Thanks for the pictures.

RCL treats a JS just like a regular cabin, except for the double points. A hump cabin is a balcony cabin on one of the "humps" you see on the side of the RCL ships as you look down the side of the ship. Hump cabins are prized for thier extra balcony space. The JS doe have a larger balcony anyway due to the extra 2 or 3 feet width of the cabin.

We love the JS because of the extra space not only in the cabin (like I said about 2 or 3 ft. wider) but the larger balcony AND the larger closet. Sure we don't get the other suite perks but if you consistently get the JS, you will get to the higher C&A levels that do get you into some of the more coveted suite perks, i.e. Concierge Lounge or the Diamond Club. We are Platinum with only three more credits until Diamond. Looks like we need to cruise some more!

---------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

RCL treats a JS just like a regular cabin, except for the double points. A hump cabin is a balcony cabin on one of the "humps" you see on the side of the RCL ships as you look down the side of the ship. Hump cabins are prized for thier extra balcony space. The JS doe have a larger balcony anyway due to the extra 2 or 3 feet width of the cabin.

We love the JS because of the extra space not only in the cabin (like I said about 2 or 3 ft. wider) but the larger balcony AND the larger closet. Sure we don't get the other suite perks but if you consistently get the JS, you will get to the higher C&A levels that do get you into some of the more coveted suite perks, i.e. Concierge Lounge or the Diamond Club. We are Platinum with only three more credits until Diamond. Looks like we need to cruise some more!

---------------------------

Thanks Hobiecat 01... the double points are good. We will be diamond after this trip, thanks to the double points. Thanks for the info on hump cabins. We are in 7644 so that probably isn't one. I will make a note of this in the futrue. But still the extra space is worth it. And the closet. Can't wait to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much! We are in 8240; same cabin port side.

One week to go and I'm buried in Michigan snow! Hope it all settles down as this is the first time I have ever had to fly down the day of sailing:eek:

What did you think of 8240? How were the views sailing and docked?

Just looking for any more info from people that have actually stayed in JS recently.

Sailed Oasis2/27 JS#6240 (port

side). No chaise lounge chairs on the JS balconies but as our cabin was a humper, we asked for 2 and got them. Huge balcony. We've had maybe 8 cruises with RCL almost all were Junior Suites on the back of the boat. The JS on Oasis was much bigger than a JS on any other ship RCL has. The balcony was big, but not

quite as big as an aft balcony. The cabin steward said that they were bigger than the Grand Suites a few doors down. (Not sure about that). The absolute FIRST people allowed onboard in FLL were the SUITE people (including JS). As you go through the boarding process on the landside terminal, you are very effectively separated into boarding groups, ie, Diamond+, Diamond, Suites, Wedding parties and general steerage. By far the nicest waiting area was for Suite guests to include JS people. In this area they had very nice, cushioned patio type furniture and the usual amenities, coffee, tea, etc. First people allowed to board were Suite guests, then Diamond+ and Diamond, then general boarding.

FYI, my wife and I are Diamond....were not allowed to choose Anytime Dining onboard as they said they were "full-up." We were led to believe that RCCL holds back @30% of specialty restaurant reservation times for onboard booking. THEY DO NOT! The only reservations we were able to secure were due to cancellations later in the week, and they were few and far between. Even the concierge couldn't help with any of this. After eating at Chops (absolutely awful meal) we were a bit hesitant to try 150 Central Park. We did and it was ok, though they changed the menu at the last minute (A & B menue nights don't seem to be set in stone). Oasis is a huge, floating mall. It was an OK cruise, but probably won't do it again soon. Questions, comments?

side). No chaise lounge chairs on the JS balconies but as our cabin was a humper, we asked for 2 and got them. Huge balcony. We've had maybe 8 cruises with RCL almost all were Junior Suites on the back of the boat. The JS on Oasis was much bigger than a JS on any other ship RCL has. The balcony was big, but not

quite as big as an aft balcony. The cabin steward said that they were bigger than the Grand Suites a few doors down. (Not sure about that). The absolute FIRST people allowed onboard in FLL were the SUITE people (including JS). As you go through the boarding process on the landside terminal, you are very effectively separated into boarding groups, ie, Diamond+, Diamond, Suites, Wedding parties and general steerage. By far the nicest waiting area was for Suite guests to include JS people. In this area they had very nice, cushioned patio type furniture and the usual amenities, coffee, tea, etc. First people allowed to board were Suite guests, then Diamond+ and Diamond, then general boarding.

FYI, my wife and I are Diamond....were not allowed to choose Anytime Dining onboard as they said they were "full-up." We were led to believe that RCCL holds back @30% of specialty restaurant reservation times for onboard booking. THEY DO NOT! The only reservations we were able to secure were due to cancellations later in the week, and they were few and far between. Even the concierge couldn't help with any of this. After eating at Chops (absolutely awful meal) we were a bit hesitant to try 150 Central Park. We did and it was ok, though they changed the menu at the last minute (A & B menue nights don't seem to be set in stone). Oasis is a huge, floating mall. It was an OK cruise, but probably won't do it again soon. Questions, comments?

Thanks for this information !!!

Can't wait!

Thanks for the info gotcha3. I was waiting for some more responses to SafetyChief. Yours have my attention :)!!

We have 7640 in May. Happy to learn we can get a lounger for the balcony. And for the record, there is no balcony like an aft balcony!!:D:D

Question. Was your balcony positioned directly above any of the life boats? I realize we are on the oposite side but I have not seen any photos taken looking down from the balcony yet. Just wondering.:confused:

Thanks Gotcha3. That is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for. Last cruise was an aft JS on Freedom and it was perfect. Getting ready to book a hump JS on Allure, and was hoping for some positive feedback on the room.

Thanks for the info gotcha3. I was waiting for some more responses to SafetyChief. Yours have my attention :)!!

We have 7640 in May. Happy to learn we can get a lounger for the balcony. And for the record, there is no balcony like an aft balcony!!:D:D

Question. Was your balcony positioned directly above any of the life boats? I realize we are on the oposite side but I have not seen any photos taken looking down from the balcony yet. Just wondering.:confused:

No lifeboats below 6240.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

There are a few perks you get with the JS:

The Junior Suite comes with a private balcony, sitting area and some have a bathtub.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests:

Dedicated suite attendant catering to guests' special requests

Priority Boarding

Tea and coffee service ensuite

Bathrobes (for use onboard)

Bathroom amenities

If you book a JS in the middle of the hump, the balcony size is approx. 120 sq ft. which is larger than the GS balcony albeit that it is deeper but not wider

Edited by kencruisefever

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone describe what it is like to have a pullman bed in a JS? Any pictures? Is the closed bed in the way? Is that a less desirable stateroom?

If it's a child, the Pullman which either comes down from the ceiling or folds down from a wall would be nice as they tuck away nicely during the day and some kids like that bunk bed feel. On the other hand, the fold out sofa might not be as comfy but will be a bit larger than the Pullman bed.

• 10 months later...
The past few cruises we have been booked in Grand Suites but I thought a GS on OASIS was too overpriced.

We opted for a Junior Suite (9642) October 10, 2010.

But, we are going to watch the reviews of the Oasis once it is sailing full or near full. Had some friends that were on it last week for two days and think the specialty restaurants and other venues are going to be full all the time. If you don't prebook could be a problem.

Anyway, we are (at this time) looking forward to enjoying our JS in October.

I was wondering how 9642 turned out.....I just booked this for 3-Night In October 2015...and the 7-Night right after that also....

We accidently discovered that last year when we were assigned one when we had booked a 'guaranteed' catagory. There was a large table with 3 chairs and 2 loungers with lots of room to spare.

We are going again this summer because I was able to snag another of these rooms again.

I love the fact that it does not cost more than a regular JS.

For us, it is better than paying extra for a GS. We are diamond so get the cocktail hour anyway.

We booked 2 JS right in the center of the hump on Oasis last June and I estimated that the balcony was 50% larger (120sq ft) than the 80sq ft advertised. It's deeper than the others. Might want to avoid the deck below the pool deck just because of scraping lounge chair noise which is possible.

We accidently discovered that last year when we were assigned one when we had booked a 'guaranteed' catagory. There was a large table with 3 chairs and 2 loungers with lots of room to spare.

We are going again this summer because I was able to snag another of these rooms again.

I love the fact that it does not cost more than a regular JS.

For us, it is better than paying extra for a GS. We are diamond so get the cocktail hour anyway.

That's what I was hopeing for....I've only been on FREEDOM Class ships...and when I'm on them I ONLY Sail in an AFT Jr Suite for the HUGE Balcony....so glad to hear it is DEEP like the AFT ones on the FREEDOM Class....

• 1 month later...

Hi folks - for some reason can't find any information on this. Where are the connecting doors on connecting junior suites on Oasis/Allure? Inside the cabins, like a hotel? On the balcony? In the vestibule like the Celebrity S-class?

Oh, and separately, how are the balconies on the "partial hump"? Between the full hump and regular JS's looks like there's a cabin with an angled balcony on the deck plan. Is that a correct representation? It's a larger balcony but not quite as big as the hump? What's the deck furniture situation? Is it extra-windy? Cabin 9232 for example.

Thanks!

Edited by gordiej

We were in a JS on the Oasis in December 2013. We had cabin 8242. Loved the cabin and being on the 8th deck.

My sister had a JS a couple of doors down from us, the balcony was slightly tapered but didn't make much of a difference.

We had two loungers, two chairs and a table.

http://s989.photobucket.com/user/dragonfly94-2010/media/IMG_4258.jpg.html

http://s989.photobucket.com/user/dragonfly94-2010/media/IMG_4259.jpg.html

As for the connection stateroom door it is by the balcony. It's behind the club chair next to the mirror.

http://s989.photobucket.com/user/dragonfly94-2010/media/IMG_4250-1.jpg.html

The wind varied based on the weather conditions outside.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi folks - for some reason can't find any information on this. Where are the connecting doors on connecting junior suites on Oasis/Allure? Inside the cabins, like a hotel? On the balcony? In the vestibule like the Celebrity S-class?

Oh, and separately, how are the balconies on the "partial hump"? Between the full hump and regular JS's looks like there's a cabin with an angled balcony on the deck plan. Is that a correct representation? It's a larger balcony but not quite as big as the hump? What's the deck furniture situation? Is it extra-windy? Cabin 9232 for example.

Thanks!

The connecting doors are inside the cabin.