CD - Susan Wood

BarbGar

Does anyone have any idea where Susan Wood went? She is a fabulous CD and would love to know what ship she is on? At one time she went to Celebrity and then back to HAL, but can't seem to find her now.

Thanks much --

Does anyone have any idea where Susan Wood went? She is a fabulous CD and would love to know what ship she is on? At one time she went to Celebrity and then back to HAL, but can't seem to find her now.

Thanks much --

Susan Wood is no longer with HAL. She left from Maasdam this summer.

That's correct as stated above. According to one of my friends (one of the several DJ Matts on HAL who was doing the Voyage of the Vikings cruise with her and Canada/New England) she thought that it was demeaning for her to do "cruise staff" type activities (such as trivia and different large events like golf chipping in the pool that get tons of people) and she quit because she only wants to work on stage and at more formal events. She also had a disagreement with the fact that HAL now has an Event Manager who is in charge of the Entertainment Department on the "paper" and organizing side which is supposed to get the Cruise Director out of the office doing programs and in front of more people. So, she quit. I am sure that she will be back though...I have heard this is the 3rd time she has quit so far with HAL.

That's correct as stated above. According to one of my friends (one of the several DJ Matts on HAL who was doing the Voyage of the Vikings cruise with her and Canada/New England) she thought that it was demeaning for her to do "cruise staff" type activities (such as trivia and different large events like golf chipping in the pool that get tons of people) and she quit because she only wants to work on stage and at more formal events. She also had a disagreement with the fact that HAL now has an Event Manager who is in charge of the Entertainment Department on the "paper" and organizing side which is supposed to get the Cruise Director out of the office doing programs and in front of more people. So, she quit.

Doesn't surprise me.

HAL "Management" has a way of doing things to tick off their best and brightest that drives them to seek employment elsewhere...

James Deering - Gone to Princess

Cory Simon - Gone to RCI

Who else?

Edited by bepsf

Susan Wood is without a doubt one of the best CD's HAL has had. She was on Maasdam's east-bound Trans-Atlantic to Rotterdam, the Netherlands this summer. She had to go home upon arrival there and is no longer working for HAL - btw, she sold her part of her haunted castle

I am sorry to hear this. :( We enjoyed Susan Wood on the Rotterdam in 2008. I even mentioned her in my post-cruise letter to HAL. She was a breath of fresh air!

Karen

She has a lot going on outside of HAL, but had a great following in the line. She has a strong personality, you really liked her or you didn't.

Seems to me she was an asset to the line for those who take an interest in who the cruise directors are. Never paid much attention to who the CD was myself.

Smooth sailing...

She didn't have to go home, she quit and walked off the ship. Apparently was too above the Sports of Call activities according to some of her staff.

I always thought that she was great on stage, but as for more personable CDs, I really like Michael Headla and Matt Cap/Allen who seem to connect more with a wider range of guests.

- btw, she sold her part of her haunted castle[/color][/size][/font]

Who could blame her, haunted castles are such a bother. When you are not there to keep an eye on things, you get hit with all these phantom charges. And British taxes - spooky.

Smooth sailing...

She didn't have to go home' date=' she quit and walked off the ship. Apparently was too above the Sports of Call activities according to some of her staff.

.[/quote']

exactly

Susan had another "snit" and basically "jumped ship" in Edinborough

but to make matters worse, she walked off (literally) in the middle of the Cruise of the Vikings .. that threw the entertainment staff upside down .. in fact, Moira Miller who was part of the staff, took over as CD and did a solid job for the rest of the cruise

Susan may have her following among Pax

but, she doesn't have many "fans" with the crew

if history means anything, she will probably make a comeback in the industry

hopefully, not on HAL

Doesn't surprise me.

HAL "Management" has a way of doing things to tick off their best and brightest that drives them to seek employment elsewhere...

James Deering - Gone to Princess

Cory Simon - Gone to RCI

Who else?

IMHO, you're way off base on this one Brian

Susan was far from the "best and brightest" .. she was far from a favorite with the crew .. as for Pax, she had a "following" ..

IMO (not humble this time), her smile was "more pasted than genuine"

Susan was not fired .. she left .. temper tantrum again

as for James Deering, in case you missed it, he's no longer with Princess ..

when HAL is wrong, I'll be among the 1st to say so

but in this instance, HAL did nothing other than maybe "not give into snits"

I will absolutely second how well Moira did. We boarded Maasdam the first cruise after the Vikings and were so surprised to see Moira had taken over when Susan walked off. She did an outstanding job on our cruise and we were delighted to see her succeed particularly in those conditions.

It is disappointing such a 'professional' as some rave Susan to be would have treated the crew and guests so disrespectfully and left in that way.

Who has replaced Susan on the Maasdam?? I hope it's not Savannah Rye, we experienced her on the Statendam, one of the most unimpressive people with HAL.

Well, here we go. We liked Savannah on the Maasdam. She did some great interviews with ship personnel that made everyone feel like they knew them when they were over. I thought she had a spontaneous sense of humor and intelligent responses to keep things moving along. Compared to Savannah, is why we felt Susan Woods fell short. Different strokes ........ and all that.

But I have to agree mostly with those who say the CD really does not matter much at all. It is an odd job and even marginal would be fine in my book because of so little contact we have with them. The less they do and intrude on our cruising days the better. For most of us the only contact is at the shows, and a good MC personality and stage poise is all I need to care about.

Well, here we go. We liked Savannah on the Maasdam. She did some great interviews with ship personnel that made everyone feel like they knew them when they were over. I thought she had a spontaneous sense of humor and intelligent responses to keep things moving along. Compared to Savannah, is why we felt Susan Woods fell short. Different strokes ........ and all that.

But I have to agree mostly with those who say the CD really does not matter much at all. It is an odd job and even marginal would be fine in my book because of so little contact we have with them. The less they do and intrude on our cruising days the better. For most of us the only contact is at the shows, and a good MC personality and stage poise is all I need to care about.

I just found the announcements Savannah made were so breathy and she put emphasis on certain words and it sounded so silly. After awhile her deep voice began to sound funny.

I must admit I only met her once in person during our 14 nights, and that was at the mariner brunch when she didn't even look at me while shaking my hand say welcome!!!