Veendam 'too big' to get into St Georges, Bermuda

Goldryder

Oh, no. HAL lets the main seating diners finish before lights out. But curfew is 10:00 sharp.

Thats much better......:D....If there is any late tendering we better hope the Captain is awake so he can let us onboard....Leave the lights on...the key is under the mat.;)

For the convenience of our regular passengers and those at the late seating for dinner: the 10:00 PM show will be held at 4:30 PM ;)

Let`s not forget the recently instituted AYWN.

As You Wish Napping.

Inside and Outside cabins -- Open Napping 1 to 3 PM.

Suites and Verandah cabins-- Fixed Napping 1:15 - 2PM.

Rich

Let`s not forget the recently instituted AYWN.

As You Wish Napping.

Inside and Outside cabins -- Open Napping 1 to 3 PM.

Suites and Verandah cabins-- Fixed Napping 1:15 - 2PM.

Rich

Rich, Good one, now for the extreme measures:

Bingo will now be one card per session so that the numbers can be called 3 times each and allow 5 minutes between draws to allow for every participant to repeat it to all of their neighbors. (and point it out on their card) :rolleyes:

To avoid any and all possible confusion only Old Style Classic 5 in-a-row straight-line patterns will be acknowledged ! :p

I had heard somewhere that the average age of the passengers on HAL is deceased.

If this is the case, then who inherited their suite and table reservation on the Prinsendam ? :confused:

(That is the only way to get them, right ??? :rolleyes: )

I also have a veranda and an inside booked on HAL. looked at the Celebrity for the dates we are sailing and its only $300 pp less for the veranda, and the same for the inside cabin, on the Summit. So I am sticking with HAL for now, since even if you do tender, you still get the extra day in Bermuda. Hopefully they can figure out something better in the meantime.

I suggest you compare the Bermuda prices of similar balcony cabins on HAL and NCL. A category "A" Balcony on Veendam and a mini-suite on Norwegian Dawn (both are the highest balcony category below a suite). The difference may surprise you.

We will be on the Veendam on May 2nd.

#1. Rich, I have a yankee shirt that you might want to see. However, I cannot post it because it is too personal., so I hope you will be sailing on that cruise too.

#2. Dolphin we met at a Senior Ball at Commack High School and I noticed your Dolphins. If you are a Sub-Vet we will have a meeting at the American Legion Hall, in Babylon on Monday, January 11th at 1900 hours.

Carl

If we tender into St George can't we just catch the ship in Hamilton after she moves? We chose this sailing because she was going to both ports. We have handicapped people in our group of 4 couples and tenders are a problem.

We remember the good old days when we had 2 nights in St George and 2 in Hamilton. We've been to the Dockyard 3-4 times and it is just so far away from the really cool stuff, you spend too much time traveling.

Well, we are in a state of confusion, but love of Bermuda will win out!

Never sailed HAL, so that will be an interesting experience. We are all over 55, 2 scooters, 1 wheelchair and a cane, I think we'll fit in!

We will be on the Veendam on May 2nd.

#1. Rich, I have a yankee shirt that you might want to see. However, I cannot post it because it is too personal., so I hope you will be sailing on that cruise too.

#2. Dolphin we met at a Senior Ball at Commack High School and I noticed your Dolphins. If you are a Sub-Vet we will have a meeting at the American Legion Hall, in Babylon on Monday, January 11th at 1900 hours.

Carl

Sorry Carl we are booked on the 10/3 sailing...gotta love Yankee shirts, I do have a few..:rolleyes:

Yes, you can.

Have a great time.

Not according to HAL. According to HAL the only way you can stay on the Island while the ship repositions to Hamiltion is by making a official request and signing a release form. They don't recommend it in case something happens on board that causes the ship to be unable to dock in Hamilton. My TA called HAL yesterday and asked. That was the response that she received.

Not according to HAL. According to HAL the only way you can stay on the Island while the ship repositions to Hamiltion is by making a official request and signing a release form. They don't recommend it in case something happens on board that causes the ship to be unable to dock in Hamilton. My TA called HAL yesterday and asked. That was the response that she received.

Very Interesting....another first..

According to HAL the only way you can stay on the Island while the ship repositions to Hamiltion is by making a official request and signing a release form. They don't recommend it in case something happens on board that causes the ship to be unable to dock in Hamilton. My TA called HAL yesterday and asked.
If this is indeed so, it's yet another reason why HAL needs to take hold of this situation & issue a news release/PR statement. All pax should be adequately informed.

Whether they are contractually obligated to or not, HAL would do well to get out in front of this emerging issue. This is no longer business as usual.

If that's the case, there doesn't seem to be much point in tendering into St. Georges that day, given the time it would take to tender back and forth, and a need, probably, to be on board by 1:30 for the 2pm departure. So it's a lost day -- so much for HAL advertising the longest time in BDA!!:mad: Celebrity is starting to look more and enticing.......

It's hard to believe that this policy of having to be on the ship when it moves will hold. With such a long tender into StG it would be almost impossible to get people over there and back by 1ish in time to move the ship. I'd sign the release form for sure.

This policy surprises me because we have taken this same cruise, docking at both these ports, on Norwegian, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean and no one had to remain on the ship when it moved. The chance of not being able to dock in Hamilton is slim and there is always that tender that could get people back to the ship if for some unknown reason it couldn't actually dock in Hamilton. I still would rather do this than be at Kings Wharf, however.

It is my memory that when we sailed Zenith from New York to Bermuda and docked first in Hamilton, all guests had to be aboard for the move to St. George's. There may have been a few that got special permission to stay ashore for whatever reason (and with whatever release signed ;) ), but I am sure we had to be on the ship.

This was some years ago.

If that's the case, there doesn't seem to be much point in tendering into St. Georges that day, given the time it would take to tender back and forth, and a need, probably, to be on board by 1:30 for the 2pm departure. So it's a lost day -- so much for HAL advertising the longest time in BDA!!:mad: Celebrity is starting to look more and enticing.......

Usually they want you back on board 1 hour before departure. I am just wondering what would happen if you just decide not to come back and stay on the island. Are they going to deny you boarding in Hamilton or send you to your stateroom without dessert?

Usually they want you back on board 1 hour before departure. I am just wondering what would happen if you just decide not to come back and stay on the island. Are they going to deny you boarding in Hamilton or send you to your stateroom without dessert?

Having taken 15 cruises to Bermuda, most of which docked at more than one port, we have never had to be onboard for the move. We often were, just because the move occurred early in the morning (where would you go at 7a.m.?),.....but it was never mandatory. In the past we've seen passengers leave the ship with luggage and return on the last day, perhaps having family on the island, or staying at a hotel. The cruiseline didn't care, the cabin was booked and payed for, for the entire cruise.

Wait for final word in PRINT....the reps you talk to often don't know which end is up...HAL's are no difference from all the rest!!

Denying me my dessert would be doing me a favour.:D:D

Having taken 15 cruises to Bermuda, most of which docked at more than one port, we have never had to be onboard for the move. We often were, just because the move occurred early in the morning (where would you go at 7a.m.?),.....but it was never mandatory. In the past we've seen passengers leave the ship with luggage and return on the last day, perhaps having family on the island, or staying at a hotel. The cruiseline didn't care, the cabin was booked and payed for, for the entire cruise.

Wait for final word in PRINT....the reps you talk to often don't know which end is up...HAL's are no difference from all the rest!!

I'd love to see everything in PRINT, but I guess HAL feels it is in their best interest to keep everything hush hush.

You are probably right about the rep's not knowing which end is up. But I didn't speak to a rep. It was my TA that spoke to a supervisor over at HAL about this subject.

It sounds like everything is a moveable feast as far as this itinerary is concerned. Here a change, there a change, everywhere a change, change. :rolleyes: It's starting to take the fun out of the anticipation.

Whatever HAL decides to do won't ruin the cruise, but the time leading up to the cruise should be one of quiet anticipation, not uncertainty.

Archived