Seeking previous clients of SPB tours in Berlin and St. Petersbug

we did the Berlin one day tour from Warnemunde last June and it was well worth the guided tour...the guide was excellant. Planning on using Viktoria's service in St Petes this June 11.

As a baby boomer who remembers hiding under her desk at school during air raid "drills," I could not pass up an opportunity to visit Berlin - especially the former East Berlin, during our Baltics cruise last year.

I would say that both Berlin and St. Pete were the highlights of the entire cruise. Both were amazing. We did use SPB in Berlin - stopping at all the main sites and the Jewish ones as well. We were a group of 10 that found each other on the CC Roll Call. SPB sent a bus to Warnemunde to pick up our group and another larger group. Once in Berlin, we separated into our groups and then met back again at the end of the day. I wouldn't let a 3 hour bus ride stand in the way of an opportunity to visit Berlin.

Re: touring St. Petersburg. Was the tour for 2 very expensive? We would like to join a larger group with thids company but if not able to there may only be 2-4 of us in our group. Did you go by car? QWe are going to be in St Petersburg on a cruise in Sept 2010.

Re: touring St. Petersburg. Was the tour for 2 very expensive? We would like to join a larger group with thids company but if not able to there may only be 2-4 of us in our group. Did you go by car? QWe are going to be in St Petersburg on a cruise in Sept 2010.

Hi Greenlaker

First of all, did you check the roll call for your cruise. You can always post something there asking if anyone else is interested in joining your group.

Obviously, the more people on each particular tour, the cheaper it will become. SPB tours usually limits it to 20 people, and, at that, you should be paying aobut $300 PP (last years rates). If you only have 2-3 couples, you will probably be paying more. Viktoria does a great job in trying to get more people on each tour if so desired. There may be other ships in port that day to try and get more people. Many people like the idea of just 2-3 couples as you get more info and a lot more personalized service.

For that small of a group, I'm not sure what the transportation is, but of average groups, they have these small mini buses that are A/C and very comfortable.

Cheers

Len

I had a totally fantastic 2 day tour of St Petersburg with SPB almost exactly 1 year ago. It was the high point of my cruise. I did not do the berlin tour, although now I wish I had.

Denise

Our group of 10 went on 2-day tour in St. Petersburg with SPB tours. I can't say enough good things about Viktoria. She responded within 24 hrs everytime I wrote her which I did many times during the planning process. We altered times and places we visited according to our desires and she was and very helpful with suggestions. Our guide was Elena and we had so much fun with her and our driver Andre. She spoke english perfectly and was a wealth of information. It's a GREAT tour company!

• 1 month later...
One member of our party is a student, and has an ISIC card. For the 2-day St. Petersburg tour, would there be a discount for that individual?

Thanks...

Our 2 sons had discounted prices - they were 16 and 15 with SPB last year. Fantastic 2 day tour (also Berlin with SPB)

One member of our party is a student, and has an ISIC card. For the 2-day St. Petersburg tour, would there be a discount for that individual?

Thanks...

Just email SPB (Viktoria) and ask. She will bend over backwards to try and accommodate everyone and every possibility.

Cherrs

Len

Off topic just slightly, but have to ask. We are booked with SPB-Tours for the 2 day Active St Petes tour in August and I have had many email exchanges with SPB, but none of them have been from Viktoria. I always receive contact from a guy named Anthony. When everyone says how wonderful Viktoria has been, have you actually gotten emails from VIKTORIA or are you referring to Viktoria as the company. I feel like the only person in the world who has booked with SPB who has never actually gotten an email from THE Viktoria.:D

Off topic just slightly, but have to ask. We are booked with SPB-Tours for the 2 day Active St Petes tour in August and I have had many email exchanges with SPB, but none of them have been from Viktoria. I always receive contact from a guy named Anthony. When everyone says how wonderful Viktoria has been, have you actually gotten emails from VIKTORIA or are you referring to Viktoria as the company. I feel like the only person in the world who has booked with SPB who has never actually gotten an email from THE Viktoria.:D

We booked with SPB MANY months in advance and had direct emails from Victoria. As the tourist season got closer, Victoria said she would be hiring assistants to answer email as she would be busy meeting the groups each morning and making sure all is right during the day. If however, her assistants can not answer the question or if there is a problem, then, from my experience, Victoria will respond to email personally even during tourist season.

Perhaps you began your email correspondance after the tourist season began when her assisitants are handling the routine emails.

We booked with SPB MANY months in advance and had direct emails from Victoria. As the tourist season got closer, Victoria said she would be hiring assistants to answer email as she would be busy meeting the groups each morning and making sure all is right during the day. If however, her assistants can not answer the question or if there is a problem, then, from my experience, Victoria will respond to email personally even during tourist season.

Perhaps you began your email correspondance after the tourist season began when her assisitants are handling the routine emails.

Ditto....we booked nearly a year in advance, and when the season was quiet, and had many, many emails for Viktoria, but as it approached the busier summer season, her assistants would communicate.

Please don't worry - you're going with a fantastic set up!

In my cruise's roll call, I currently have a max cutoff of 12 people for our tour since people didn't want to be overwhelmed by group size. Now I have more people wishing to join our group rather than start their own, if possible.

If I increased the group to 20, would Viktoria be able to break everyone up into small vans instead of one big bus with one tour guide? How does that work?

We arejust back and toured with SPB for 2 days. We did not deal with Viktoria when arranging our schedule as well. However, when we cleared customs, we went to the Person holding the sign for SPB and it was Viktoria. She introduced herself, checked off our name and introduced us to our guide. Then she walked us to our van and made sure we were all set, very professional. We could not have been more pleased with our tour guide, Elena who was simply wonderful. She was very personable and knowledgeable. We indicated to her that we weren't into a big lunch and rathered a snack to allow for more time touring and she was very accomodating. This was indeed our favorite port and mostly because of her. We looked at other companies as well however, I am so glad with my choice. The way the tour was structured we were able to see so much more than others that had taken tours with our companies. For examples, we were at Peterhof for the "opening" ceremonies! I just cannot say enough about our experience, it was outstanding!

In my cruise's roll call, I currently have a max cutoff of 12 people for our tour since people didn't want to be overwhelmed by group size. Now I have more people wishing to join our group rather than start their own, if possible.

If I increased the group to 20, would Viktoria be able to break everyone up into small vans instead of one big bus with one tour guide? How does that work?

From our roll call from last year, we had about 35 sign up for the SPB tour. They ended up using two different tour buses as Viktoria always has a max of 20 on any tour.

In your case, I guess it would depend on what else is doing that particular day, and if you make the request to Viktoria that you would prefer just whatever amount you would like on your tour. The more people, the cheaper it would probably be, but if you want just 10, I would definitely make that known to SPB. as was said, so many times, most of the major tour groups are very accommodating.

Cheers

Len

From our roll call from last year, we had about 35 sign up for the SPB tour. They ended up using two different tour buses as Viktoria always has a max of 20 on any tour.

In your case, I guess it would depend on what else is doing that particular day, and if you make the request to Viktoria that you would prefer just whatever amount you would like on your tour. The more people, the cheaper it would probably be, but if you want just 10, I would definitely make that known to SPB. as was said, so many times, most of the major tour groups are very accommodating.

Cheers

Len

Thanks for your help, Len. We've had a couple of people drop out of the cruise, and much more interested as time progress. I just threw it out that if anyone had objections, to bring the total to 20 max and after that, people had to begin their own separate group.

Just got home from the June 6th sailing of Azamara Journey which included 3 days in Saint Petersburg and 2 days in Berlin. I used SPB and I must say Victoria provided us with 5 great days. Her tour guides were top notch, and very informed about the various subjects they discussed. Consequently Saint Petersburg and Berlin were highlights of our vacation.

SPB and Victoria is the only way to see these 2 cities.

Greyhound 101

Ditto here

We just returned from our cruise on the Star and spent our 2 days in St Petersburg with SPB - Viktoria made sure everything went smoothly and our small group tour was fantastic. We were a group of 14 only and got to see & do an aweful lot in 2 very short days....

St Petersburg was definitely the highlight of our trip due to SPB...

My daughter and I just returned from a Baltic cruise. SPB did a private tour for us (only had one day) in St Petersburg. It was excellent. Viktoria worked with me on the itinerary and did an excellent job. Our guide was her sister, who spoke excellent English and had an encyclopedia of knowledge about art, history, etc. We could not have asked for anything more of SPB! I believe Viktoria's husband handles the Berlin tours part of the business, so I assume you will get the same kind of service and attention to detail.

Just got back from tours with SPB in both St. Petersburg and Berlin.

No real hassles in St. Pete. Our 16 passenger mini bus was able to negotiate streets and avoid traffic jams that would have been impossible for the big motor coaches the ship tours use. We also took the hydrofoil back from Peterhof which saves a lot of time. The night tour is a lot of fun. Our boat had lots of Vodka but i hear one of the other groups ran out so check ahead if you liike to sample a drink or two while cruising down the canals on the white nights.

In Berlin we had to make some adjustments because of the Christopher Street gay day parade but the guides and drivers were very accommodating.

The drive to Berlin is long but there is a rest stop on the way to use the facilities and buy a refreshment.

Disembarkment in St. Pete is easy. At least with Princess there is no delay for non ship tour passengers. You don't need to give customs a photocopy of your passport. And after your first trip through customs they don't even ask for your tour ticket. Don't try to make conversation with the customs people. Just give them your papers and wait for a quick minute and you're through. There is a new cruise terminal which is very convenient and close to the ship.

I have a question for the folks that have used SPB. I note that the prices on the standart 2-day tours depend on how many people sign up. Do you just wing it and see what happens or do they tell you upfront how much it'll be?

Harry

When we went last year, we booked the Standard Baltic Pearl package. We were given an approximate price depending on how many were in the group. As I have said several times, I got busy on our roll call and enlisted several others to fill out our group. In fact we had too many, where Viktoria had to form another group on another bus.

There isn't a big difference in the price, but the more there are usually brings the price down to about $300pp. If you want a smaller group, you will pay more.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13