johnny rockets

monkll

Thank you for letting us know about the "tip" information.

I don't know why but I probably wouldn't have thought about it.:o

:)

The first time we went I didn't think about it either and didn't take any money. Mr. Ski had his wallet though so we were covered and were able to leave something. The next time we went they asked for our seapass. So we asked whether they were now starting to charge. They said "No, no charge just have to use seapass". So we thought maybe it was just a way to keep up with how many folks were utilizing the facility for breakfast. Then of course when our card came back there was a "zero charge" but did have a spot for a tip. That works fine for me. Then the staff doesn't get "stiffed" because folks don't carry cash around onboard and they also have a way of keeping count of folks using the restaurant.

The first time we went I didn't think about it either and didn't take any money. Mr. Ski had his wallet though so we were covered and were able to leave something. The next time we went they asked for our seapass. So we asked whether they were now starting to charge. They said "No, no charge just have to use seapass". So we thought maybe it was just a way to keep up with how many folks were utilizing the facility for breakfast. Then of course when our card came back there was a "zero charge" but did have a spot for a tip. That works fine for me. Then the staff doesn't get "stiffed" because folks don't carry cash around onboard and they also have a way of keeping count of folks using the restaurant.

So are you saying you added the tip to the zero charge slip and gave it back to the waiter? If so how much did you tip pp?

I don´t think you´re supposed to tip at Johnny Rockets for breakfast. Sliding the card might be more for internal reasons. And all restaurant / bar slips do have a line where you can fill in a tip. Anyway you are charged the 15% service charge for anything you get from the bar. So it´s just the same register they are using (also for lunch and dinner when you have to pay the surcharge and can give a tip if you want to although the surcharge is said to have the tip included).

steamboats

So are you saying you added the tip to the zero charge slip and gave it back to the waiter? If so how much did you tip pp?

I'll probably leave $5 for the two of us. That's a typical tip for us when we go out for breakfast. Using the 20% tip rule (I know a lot of people tip 15%) it's still over tipping a big but, it's not like the extra dollar or two is killing me.

That's great that they don't charge for breakfast !!! :)

What is the normal charge for lunch or dinner? Is it a standard fee for everything, or do they charge per item?

The charge for lunch or dinner is $4.95 per person. It includes any amount that you order. When they seat you, they bring you hot fries and onion rings along with ketchup and ranch dressing for dipping. It can fill you up in a hurry.:)

By the way, anyone know what time they open for port days?

Gordon not sure if you have the answer to this and I assume you mean JR. On St Thomas port day according to my compass Johnny Rockets was open from 2pm - 6pm for lunch.

It closed at 10 am after breakfast.

It's getting closer G :):D

Gordon not sure if you have the answer to this and I assume you mean JR. On St Thomas port day according to my compass Johnny Rockets was open from 2pm - 6pm for lunch.

It closed at 10 am after breakfast.

It's getting closer G :):D

Thanks Emmy and yes it is getting closer. Two weeks from today, we will be in FLL for a couple of days and then onto the O.:)

Open until 10 AM sounds fine to me. I'm not a big JR's fan but I do want to give them a shot for breakfast at least once. I like the fact that Oasis has a few options for breakfast other than the MDR or the Windcrammer buffet.

So let's see, there's the Diamond event breakfast, JR's, MDR, Solarium and Windjammer as options for breakfast. Seems like I might be missing something.

Archived