Laundry Rage ... is this common ???

Shiraz49

Is that the same for all RCCL ships - no laundry? I would have thought that could be a problem for pax on longer than 14 day cruises.

hi pepper, i think all of RCCL ships are the same no laundry

if you are cruising for any length of time they will wash your clothes for a fee

rkmw

Is that the same for all RCCL ships - no laundry?

Yes, it's common to them and their other brands.

I would have thought that could be a problem for pax on longer than 14 day cruises.

Not really, they have a laundry service on board.

Is that the same for all RCCL ships - no laundry? I would have thought that could be a problem for pax on longer than 14 day cruises.

No public laundry on Celebrity Mercury either (& no plug in the bathroom sink!, although I stopped it up with a plastic bag to rinse out smalls)

We researched onshore laundromats before we went & I did a load early one morning in Skagway - great way to meet people.

No public laundry on Celebrity Mercury either (& no plug in the bathroom sink!, although I stopped it up with a plastic bag to rinse out smalls)

We researched onshore laundromats before we went & I did a load early one morning in Skagway - great way to meet people.

I always drop mine off and pick up later as it's too hot to hang about but it would be nice to warm up in Skagway I guess and a great way to chat to locals

I always make sure I arrive at the laundry room in a positive state of mind, be patient and be friendly.

dont forget on most ships if the laundry on your deck is full go look at another deck. I once had three machines across two different decks and used driers on other decks.

lastly, I always take a book to read and monitor the washing - its only an hour!

I always make sure I arrive at the laundry room in a positive state of mind, be patient and be friendly.

dont forget on most ships if the laundry on your deck is full go look at another deck. I once had three machines across two different decks and used driers on other decks.

lastly, I always take a book to read and monitor the washing - its only an hour!

Three machines and some driers ? You have to be kidding, it is a wonder you were not a victim of 'laundry rage ! LOL

I recollect 4 people being 'put off' Sun Princess at Broome for fighting in the laundry, last year or the year before. Well it all started as laundry rage, but the rage continued around the ship for a couple of days.

Hi Les,

I speak the truth - hoenst! I was using decks 9, 10 and 11 on Sun Princess one evening. I just floated between the 3 decks each 20 minutes or so. Said hi to everyone and checked on my stuff.

I also told people of free or nearly free machines (both washers and dryers) on the other decks.

One lady turned up really agro yellign at everyone we had movedher stuff for a particular machine. I had noticed on one of the other decks the same machine a dryer was idol and full of clothes. I politely asked her to check if it was her clothes on that deck.

She stormed off and never seen from again.

Each to their own I guess...

Hi Les,

I speak the truth - hoenst! I was using decks 9, 10 and 11 on Sun Princess one evening. I just floated between the 3 decks each 20 minutes or so. Said hi to everyone and checked on my stuff.

I also told people of free or nearly free machines (both washers and dryers) on the other decks.

One lady turned up really agro yellign at everyone we had movedher stuff for a particular machine. I had noticed on one of the other decks the same machine a dryer was idol and full of clothes. I politely asked her to check if it was her clothes on that deck.

She stormed off and never seen from again.

Each to their own I guess...

Washing machine trifecta, I like it, trust an Aussie to suss out the laundries. LOL

Now Whoey, to avoid search and destroy missions to the ships laundrys, just get 150 cruise days up on Princess Captains Circle, get the Elite Black card, then you can fill as many laundry bags as you like, give them to your cabin steward and in a day or two get it all back with no laundry rage and best of all, NO CHARGE. LOL

I don't use the ships laundry - I get my washing done ashore. Good laundry in Villa - Have had it done in Luganville too

Di

Hi

May I ask where you get it done in Vila and roughly how much does it cost?? How do you organise it??

Thanks

:)

I haven't actually seen it either..in a long cruising career, however on Princess they have the latest digital washers...you know to the minute when your washing/drying will be ready. Be prompt and polite and there is no problem at all.

In these days of weight restrictions for flights it is almost impossible to pack enough for the whole cruise without doing some laundry....roll on elite!

Hi

May I ask where you get it done in Vila and roughly how much does it cost?? How do you organise it??

Thanks

There is a side street about 3 along the main drag to the right ( the laundry is on the Rt hand side). I just drop it in and arrange a time to pick it up,

I usually have 2 small/ medium loads( lights & darks). I just give the ladies $20 so I imagine it's more than enough. In Luganville a large load cost me $6 and then I tipped

Now Whoey, to avoid search and destroy missions to the ships laundrys, just get 150 cruise days up on Princess Captains Circle, get the Elite Black card, then you can fill as many laundry bags as you like, give them to your cabin steward and in a day or two get it all back with no laundry rage and best of all, NO CHARGE. LOL

Not even a tip Les,

to the steward who hangs all those shirts up for you:D?

(He says ducking for cover at that tipping word:eek:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSWP viewpost.gif

that great to know that, and if you have a suite they will one bag of laundry per day for you,

On our last cruise on the Diamond Princess I saw laundry rage brewing. There were people waiting for washing machines and one had washing in it for a very long time after it had finished. The owner returned to lots of glares and one other lady asked her why she took so long to come back. "Oh I've been busy. We went to breakfast and then we went to bridge" she said!!!!:confused:

She was just so lucky that her washing hadn't been removed and that everyone in the laundry was polite and just shook their heads at her after she left.

As Rugbypopsie said there are digital clocks on the machines so there are no excuses.

Not even a tip Les,

to the steward who hangs all those shirts up for you:D?

(He says ducking for cover at that tipping word

OMG David, you do like to live dangerously, don't you? :D I'm not even game to repeat the whole t......... word! :rolleyes:

My son gave me some sample packs of washing powder to take on the cruise and joked about x-rays and underwear. :rolleyes: It got me thinking whether or not I should take it in my carry-on luggage and show it to them first?

The washing powder --- not the underwear. :D

I know I would have trouble not to crack-up laughing if I was questioned.

I thought on longer cruises there were laundry offers such as 25 items for $25?

I will take enough clean clothes to last my trip but I might take my Cheese and Crackers and Beer to watch the action in the Laundry if we have a dull day or bad weather.

I better warn my Wife not to go down there (she doesn't like being hassled, it could turn ugly)

Hi Macca

I reckon it might be good for entertainment - as long as you keep out of the way of flailing fists. :cool:

Hi Sandy,

I may wear my striped shirt and offer to be the Ref, ding ding round three.

550w_eastenders_20081226_1.jpg

Laundry rage :eek:

Last year on our Sun Princess cruise there was a group of approximately 8 - 10 men and women of Italian heritage from Melbourne. I knew they were from Melbourne because they told me so and I knew they were from Italian heritage because that was what they spoke to each other at the top of their lungs consistently day and night outside the laundry opposite my cabin door.

I can tell you now that there was very nearly Hallway Rage!!!:eek:

Archived