Laundry Rage ... is this common ???

Shiraz49

Interesting post this >>..!! :p Starts off with laundry rage, jumps to Italians & hall rage then drifts to gangsters, horses and dogs, then a bit of laundry powder smuggling then movies.. :D Ya gotta love it..!!!

Heard too many stories about ship laundries and there are enough grumps onboard so we avoid the laundry and resort to the old camping trick and wash that days clothes in the shower each night... suds them up and stomp on them.. Timing when to add the fabric softener is an art.

Could not follow the godfather movies but liked some of the rocky ones.:)

Cheers all..:)

Interesting post this >>..!! :p Starts off with laundry rage, jumps to Italians & hall rage then drifts to gangsters, horses and dogs, then a bit of laundry powder smuggling then movies.. :D Ya gotta love it..!!!

Heard too many stories about ship laundries and there are enough grumps onboard so we avoid the laundry and resort to the old camping trick and wash that days clothes in the shower each night... suds them up and stomp on them.. Timing when to add the fabric softener is an art.

Could not follow the godfather movies but liked some of the rocky ones.:)

Cheers all..:)

I just looked at this post for the first time. Thanks so much for the laugh. :)

Next time I come across rude behaviour on board ship, I'll have a smile on my face as I visualise Eileen's reaction to the Italian group loudly talking outside the laundry and her cabin, at all hours, and floatie taking the easy way out by stomping on his laundry in his shower.

Well guys, I reckon we all need a bit of humour in our lives - it's no good taking ourselves too seriously. There are enough major troubles in the world today without worrying about the little things.

Although, I hasten to add Eileen, I would have been tempted to google some Italian swearwords to shock them with. :D

Macca, I've already had the advice re taking a hanging peg 'thingy' for the underwear each night. I don't know about the stomping thing, though. Reckon I'll be too beggared from all the stair climbing I plan to do to beat the extra food. ;)

Macca, I've already had the advice re taking a hanging peg 'thingy' for the underwear each night. I don't know about the stomping thing, though. Reckon I'll be too beggared from all the stair climbing I plan to do to beat the extra food. ;)

Sandy,

I suggest you take half a dozen or so pegs. The showers have a pull-out clothes line and the ventilation is good enough to dry some things overnight and heavier things in 24 hrs.

Not even a tip Les,

to the steward who hangs all those shirts up for you:D?

(He says ducking for cover at that tipping word:eek:)

David, you little Kiwi Kritter...I have been known to give the odd tip on the ships. I don't agree with the Automatic Wage Subsidy of US$10.50 per pax per day, US$10.50 per CABIN per day, sounds ok to me, just call me a little Aussie Battler LOL.

David, you little Kiwi Kritter...I have been known to give the odd tip on the ships. I don't agree with the Automatic Wage Subsidy of US$10.50 per pax per day, US$10.50 per CABIN per day, sounds ok to me, just call me a little Aussie Battler LOL.

Sorry Les,

could not avoid a dig, but like you we are now Elite, so send the laundry out, but why tip the steward , he did not wash or iron them, so if you tip, where does it go.

Must admit with the laundry service, the smalls leave a lot to be desired, but boy oh boy,do they do shirts and shorts well.

I sent a polo out to be "done" and when it came back did not recognise it...

it looked better than new...

and said are you sure thats mine?:eek:

I think they have huge machines that do the ironing,

and when the Formal shirt came back it was WOW.

No worries David, yes I sent my XXL polos in to the ships laundry and they came back M, maybe it was the Horizon Court that shrunk them ! LOL Like yours my formal shirt and cotton shorts came back ok, as did my PJ's, first time in my life my PJ's have been ironed and so I told my Missus !! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Last Oct. on Pacific Dawn I went to the laundry to iron Formal night outfits for 5 of us. I had to wait for an iron but didn't mind. Whilst waiting I was watching a 20 something guy trying to iron his gorgeous lime green dress shirt. He had obviously never held an iron in his life. Fair maiden that I am I ran to his rescue. He was sooo relieved and offered me a cocktail!!! That evening I ran into him in the bar and he paid up. This story has a tragic ending though.......... I'm late 40 something and my husband was with me! Roll on laundry dreamboats!

Last Oct. on Pacific Dawn I went to the laundry to iron Formal night outfits for 5 of us. I had to wait for an iron but didn't mind. Whilst waiting I was watching a 20 something guy trying to iron his gorgeous lime green dress shirt. He had obviously never held an iron in his life. Fair maiden that I am I ran to his rescue. He was sooo relieved and offered me a cocktail!!! That evening I ran into him in the bar and he paid up. This story has a tragic ending though.......... I'm late 40 something and my husband was with me! Roll on laundry dreamboats!

You laundry cougar you- so next cruise will you spend most of your time in the laundry. Nice story

Like this one.:) I was expecting to read on about a scorch mark, before you came to his rescue. Good on you, Chookie2.

Cheers,

Anna

Archived