honey

syrup

Pineapple, melon and other cut fresh fruit

salami & other cold meats

hard cheese

smoked salmon

juice, coffee, tea etc.

and so on.

Even tho the dining room opens later, it's worth the wait....same foods as in WJ, but THEY serve YOU!

Actually, there are more options in the Windjammer; some choices are not available in the Dining Room that you may get in the Windjammer. CB is right, however, in that you are served in the Dining Room as the Windjammer is a buffet. DH and I prefer the Windjammer.

Even tho the dining room opens later, it's worth the wait....same foods as in WJ, but THEY serve YOU!

Unless having THEM serve YOU is what floats your boat the dining room is hardly worth he wait. On second thought, it is worth the wait. It decreases the crown that us Windjammer lovers have to put up with.

We actually are just off the December 19th sailing on the Navigator. I was very disappointed that the Windjammer doors did not open until 7:00on port days and 7:30 on seas days. You could not even get in for coffee or juice before those times. The doors were closed and there was an employee standing guard.

I have never seen the doors closed like that before. I run early mornings and I have always been able to get in to get a drink of water or juice at 6 or 6:30 but not this past cruise. It was closed up tight!

We actually are just off the December 19th sailing on the Navigator. I was very disappointed that the Windjammer doors did not open until 7:00on port days and 7:30 on seas days. You could not even get in for coffee or juice before those times. The doors were closed and there was an employee standing guard.

I have never seen the doors closed like that before. I run early mornings and I have always been able to get in to get a drink of water or juice at 6 or 6:30 but not this past cruise. It was closed up tight!

I have never encountered that before. I hope it is not a fleetwide change.

scrambled eggs

hard boiled eggs

some type of hash brown / potato

Corned beef hash

Turkey sausage

Bacon

Ham carvery

pancakes

waffles

custom eggs

Oatmeal

Muesli & toppings

warm milk

cold milk

yogurt

assorted cold cereals in individual serving boxes

white & brown toast

bagels

English muffins

assorted pastries

butter

cream cheese

jams (including no sugar added)

peanut butter

honey

syrup

Pineapple, melon and other cut fresh fruit

salami & other cold meats

hard cheese

smoked salmon

juice, coffee, tea etc.

and so on.

They also have lox, bagels and cream cheese... YUM!! :D

Sometimes the schedule of the WJ differs with the ship's schedule ... an earlier arrival can mean an earlier opening in the morning. They almost always have at least a continental breakfast (early bird coffee) out by 6 or 6:30 AM.

I have never encountered changing times for breakfast on any of my cruises before. I hope I find the same situation on my upcoming Independence adventure.

Don't know about Navigator but RCI ships I've been on generally have a tray or two of pastries (i.e Continental breakfast) put out at the 24x7 beverage station just outside the Windjammer by 6:30 am.

Actually, there are more options in the Windjammer; some choices are not available in the Dining Room that you may get in the Windjammer. CB is right, however, in that you are served in the Dining Room as the Windjammer is a buffet. DH and I prefer the Windjammer.
The dining room does have some options that Windjammer doesn't have. For example, if you want Eggs Benedict, you'll have to go to the dining room. Also, pancakes and waffles are a good bit better in the dining room (those things don't do well sitting in a warming pan).

However, if you like scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, you'll likely prefer the Windjammer -- you'll get exactly what you want with plenty of choices. And if you want an omlet, you'll do better in Windjammer where you can walk up, say what you want, and watch it cooked in front of you.

We tend to do half-and-half on cruises. Half of our breakfasts in Windjammer, half our breakfasts in the dining room.

Its all the odd hours it closes during the day, I remember getting back on the ship about 3pm and the bi=uffet was closed...........

I know that they close the Windjammer when they are changing setups from one meal to the next. Figuring out when this happens is a mystery to us cruisers. Maybe that was what you encountered? Seems like a weird time of the day for that to occur, though.

This was the first time I've encountered the doors closed and no coffee, juice or continental breakfast available before 7:30. I was really disappointed. Coffee was available on the 5th floor in the Promanade cafe but juice was the fresh squeezed kind that cost an extra $3.95.

There were several things that were "missing" or "different" on this past cruise that left us disappointed. We are on the Independence in March and hope things will be be as we've come to expect on Royal Caribbean.

Archived