Aqua Spa Cafe?

39august

Could someone tell me what types of food are offered in Aqua Spa Cafe, please? Is there a difference in S class ships' spa menu?

Hello we have been on the Summit and the Constellation and have loved this feature. It is a light menu with salads, chicken and either salmon or tuna served hot or cold. They also have different breads and soups. We would go there everyday for lunch defintely worth it for us. The MDR also has heart healthy meals on every menu each day for both lunch (when available) and dinner.

happy sailing

Claudette

Could someone tell me what types of food are offered in Aqua Spa Cafe, please? Is there a difference in S class ships' spa menu?

I love the Aqua Spa cafe and eat all my breakfasts and lunches there. It offers mostly vegetarian and vegan dishes but it also has some seafood and meat dishes. They also have cold soups (yumm!), a variety of salads, breads and great desserts. All the food is very tasty and if you prefer you can have your seafood or meat entree served warm (everything is served cold, unless otherwise requested) and prepared to order.

It is a great venue for healthy (low in fat/calories) food and some foods are organic.

I love the Aqua Spa Cafe too:)

George, ...they do have lots of wonderful choices. Meat and Vegetarian.

I just sailed SUMMIT and they had an awesome portabello

and always had seafood. I had a seafood combo on top of cold pasta

that was delicious:D

They always had a big bowl of springmix and lots of choices of toppings.

And the cold soup is wonderful!

Oh I took some photos of the food..click on Flickr and one of the pictures

is a plate of Ahi Tuna. It was sooooo good:)

I am sailing again in May and look forward to eating there again:)

Oh, they have desserts and the breakfasts are good as well.

Sounds great! Are children allowed in the Aqua Spa for meals? Is it true that the MDR is closed often times while at port?

-Teresa

Hi:) as far as I know kids can eat there. It is much more laid back

and much quieter than the big buffet. I know the pool area is adults

only but as far as kids trying the Cafe, I have never seen anything saying

they are not allowed to eat there.

And yes, the Main Dining room is very often closed for lunch on port

days.

TBN hubby here...

As of several months ago there were some minor differences between the M and S ships. The M ships had 2 (varying) hot entree available while Solstice had the same 4 hot entrees available everyday. At the time we sailed there was no signage or indications in anyway those were available on the Solstice.:confused:

Things may have changed since we were on the 4th sailing.

Fewer bread selections on the S class but basically the same idea. Best thing is the hot meals are made to order and do NOT sit waiting to be picked up. Best fish, pork loin, and chicken on the ship, with the possible exception of the specialty restaurants.

Our favorite place for light breakfast and lunch on either class ship

• 4 weeks later...
Does Aqua Spa Cafe (Millennium) have smoked salmon at breakfast time ?

Yes, I have always seen lox, bagels and cream cheese there.:):D

At the Aqua Spa lunch you can also order grilled chicken or fish any day. I love fresh grilled chicken over greens for a healthy lunch!

I did not see this on Century but this was in 2008. We are going back next month. I recall the chilled plates were already prepared. I also remember the bread sticks were available.

Someone mentioned you could get smoothies in the Aqua Spa Cafe but had to pay for them. Is this true? On every other ship I have been on there was no extra charge for a smoothie.

I have a chance to upgrade to Aqua Class from a regular Veranda for not much extra. Is it really better? I actually like the MDR, especially for evenings. The agent told me I would have to have reservations for MDR but I am already on Select Dining so is this the same as far as eating in the MDR?

• 6 months later...

Again, questioning the smoothies. Are the smoothies covered as part of breakfast or is there a charge. From what I have seen in the drink package, some folks report that even though they pay for the package that includes smoothies the only place they found them was at the Aqua Spa Cafe. Those people who don't have the drink package convering the smothies have to pay?

Could I ask someone who might know, what kind of smoothies are available. Apparently this cafe is closed after lunch, right?

Thanks in advance for responses. Have searched without luck.

Archived