Comment Cards-Not a waste of time

Wandering Writer

Yes, I've read about this here on CC. And I got a call a couple days ago after returning home Monday from my Mercury cruise. He even mentioned specifically about one of the comments I made. I also know that those comments are posted on the crew boards so they can read them too.

We were on the Mercury in January and got the follow up call last week. They take the comments seriously. Several crew and staff members far exceeded expectations and we are glad we had a chance to show our appreciation in a meaningful way.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Management in Miami do take the comments very seriously. It is the only way they can track each cruise and it's staff. If a staff or crew member has really excelled in their work, write it down. These comments give that particular staff or crew member additional time off or a rotation in duties that they have vied for. Also if there is a new program that Celebrity has rolled out and it is really not working well, tell Management your feelings. They have changed things after an announcement in past years.

I have filled those out and received a call, while still on the ship, within 24 hours...they seem to copy the cards..send them to the dept. heads, and then you are contacted!! And your ideas/issues addressed! I think that is really great customer service! LuAnn

Its too bad I filled out and turned in my card before the last evening:rolleyes:

I had a wonderful cruise (I always seem to end up doing that:D) but

the problems I experienced concerning the luggage tag fiasco never

made it onto my comment card.

So, I emailed Celebrity and received a reply back last week.

I have to wonder if putting the information on that card would have

made more of an impact:confused:

Hi Lois:

When I received the follow-up call I mentioned the "walk off" problem on the Solstice.Unlike the Equinox where we assembled on deck 5, on the Solstice we were directed to deck 4 and when ready to depart it was anoounced that we had to go to deck 5. What a rush for elevators. Since I knew the layout and made my way to the much less crowded midship elevators. The representative seemed very positive about my response.

We too were contacted not to long after returning from our cruise to New England on the Constellation last October. I had a very nice conversation with the person calling. I think it is very good public relations to find out that X is interested in one's opinions of their cruise.

Gloria

We got a call about 2 days after our Mercury cruise last March and then a follow-up email about a week later. The call and the email mentioned some specifics I had made on the comment card. I really appreciated both and continue to enjoy my cruises on X. I've never had a perfect cruise but I've never really experienced a perfect week in my everyday life either.

It's wonderful to hear that Celebrity takes interest in the responses from cruisers. My DH and DD cruised last year on another line, and we were very disappointed with the service we received, so much so that we will never sail that line again, unless they give away staterooms! Hence our move to Celebrity. When we returned I received an email service survey, and I commented on the good and on the things we were disappointed in, things that could easily be resolved, and I never heard another thing! Made me think that they were only interested in the positive responses. I am so excited about sailing on the Solstice only 36 more sleeps!!!

It's really interesting. Over the years we have faithfully filled out those cards at the end of the cruise. Mostly good things and a few not so's and a few "Better change this or ??? " Have been contacted a few times afterwards AND all the things (well most anyways) that we have mentioned generally as "Better idea's" have come to pass with just one major exception. So I know that if you keep after them and others think the same way it does happen to the better over time.

The one thing they don't seem to care about much. My bug bear. When RCI bought them out they very quickly took the two slices of Black olive off the top of my eggs benny. I just thought that was so cool....:)

We always fill out the cards and always get a follow up call which always addresses the specifics that we've put on the cards. I usually write a letter to management also and invariably get a response there.

Celebrity really does want feedback from their customers. They're not going to fix everything, but they do want to know about things and appear to try where they can to improve.

I have filled those out and received a call, while still on the ship, within 24 hours...they seem to copy the cards..send them to the dept. heads, and then you are contacted!! And your ideas/issues addressed! I think that is really great customer service! LuAnn

I can echo these remarks.

We had a comment about what we thought were ridiculously early closing hours for the pools and spas and were rather promptly contacted and pool/spa hours extended a little bit. We also received a letter from the Director of Hotel in our state room thanking us for our feedback. It was very nice to see that they were willing to both listen and to actually take action.

I have worked in the hospitality industry for more than 20 years, and I can tell you the it is worthwile to fill out comment cards. First of all because they generally are machined scored and graded resulting in "averages" in each category. Those averagges are watched very carefully by most management, and woe to the hotel manager whose nilumber begin to decline.

Second, at most better companies (including celebrity) a healthy cross section of cards are culled at randome from all categories of accomodation and read scroupulosly. Hence the follow up calls referenced above.

Knowing how seriously comment cards are taken, I always fill them out. And the more high-end the company, the more likely they are to have an impact.

Hi Lois:

When I received the follow-up call I mentioned the "walk off" problem on the Solstice.Unlike the Equinox where we assembled on deck 5, on the Solstice we were directed to deck 4 and when ready to depart it was anoounced that we had to go to deck 5. What a rush for elevators. Since I knew the layout and made my way to the much less crowded midship elevators. The representative seemed very positive about my response.

A rush for the elevators! For one deck! Gezz....

A rush for the elevators! For one deck! Gezz....

Orator said they were walkoffs reach means they had all their luggage with them which could include check-in size luggage and not just carry-on which in either case would be a challenge for any of us on stairs.

At least for my wife since I insist she take care my luggage and hers. I'm just that kind of guy.

Denny

It will be interesting to see if we in the UK get a follow up call re our cruise we left on Friday - it was good but not excellent; had to use the fair rating too often on our cards and for the first time ever the poor rating was also used more than once. That said so was the excellent rating - we would like X to look at where the inconsistencies arose.

Interestingly our attention to detail card submitted on day 4 - naming 2 positives and one (big) negative brought no response which was a pity as that left a bad taste

Archived