Confused on stateroom.

tkjohn25

We need more details in order to comment on or try to explain your situation. At a minimum, we need to know the cabin number and whether you previously saw it categorized as a D and it has now been reclassified as an E (not something that usually occurs) or if you booked a D guarantee and somehow were assigned to an E category stateroom. If it is the latter, contact your TA or, if you booked directly with them, call RCI and get an explanation. In no event should you be paying for a D stateroom and assigned to an E.

We need more details in order to comment on or try to explain your situation. At a minimum, we need to know the cabin number and whether you previously saw it categorized as a D and it has now been reclassified as an E (not something that usually occurs) or if you booked a D guarantee and somehow were assigned to an E category stateroom. If it is the latter, contact your TA or, if you booked directly with them, call RCI and get an explanation. In no event should you be paying for a D stateroom and assigned to an E.

I booked cabin 9614 and it was advertised as a D1 when I booked it. I booked the D1 not a guarantee.

On my deck plans from the reservation page shows it as an E1. I'm going to have to call.

You are correct, OP. For the May 1st sailing it is a Cat E1. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/booking/getCabinList.do;jsessionid=0000KjKqr39qFSHnZYGcP8iKLeL:12hbiocus?cabincls=B&cabinType=OS&catCode=D1&packageCode=SR07S054&shipCode=SR&sailDate=1100501&hasAir=N

The link from andrzej5914 shows dates from February 20 to April 17, 2010...

Sometimes it depends on whether you are looking at the deck plans that pertain to your specific cruise. Our cabin on Radiance is classified as a D2 for our cruise however it is usually a D1.

Royal Caribbean has reclassified cabins based on cabin capacity. They have added a category D2 on Radiance class ships. It's a D2 if cabin capacity is 2 passengers and a D1 if they sleep more than two. The coveted aft cabins are now D2.

Thanks everybody for your help. I just talked to RCI and they apoligized for the mistake. They changed me to an aft balcony which I prefer anyway. Thanks to everybody once again.

Nice! Congrats on the aft location, you will love it. They are great on the Radiance class ships! ;)

Pleased to read that RCI has acknowledged its mistake and corrected it in a way that really satisfies you. It is amazing how sometimes a phone call to the appropriate person is all that is needed to rectify a situation and it is very satisfying to see a corporation admit its error and take the necessary steps to correct it.

Congratulations on your new cabin assignment. Enjoy your cruise.

Royal Caribbean has reclassified cabins based on cabin capacity. They have added a category D2 on Radiance class ships. It's a D2 if cabin capacity is 2 passengers and a D1 if they sleep more than two. The coveted aft cabins are now D2.

Absolutely correct, agree with Suzy. You have a D2.

Archived