How to get that "Diamond Feeling" even though you are not.

rolloman

In Celebration of my thousanth post over 10 years of Cruise Critic I will share these tips.

*If you like the pillow chocolates you can help yourself at any room attendants cart.

* Hold a party in your room and drink all the items in the mini bar impressing your invited guests like the big shot you are and then replace with same brand items bought ashore for a fraction of the price.

* Go to the breakfast buffet and excitedly point out into the ocean you see a whale or a submarine and once you have accumulated a big enough crowd immediately head to the front of the now empty eggs cooked to order line.

* Bring onboard a neck brace and or fake arm cast. After first port of call wear said item while walking with a limp. Tell everyone it was a moped issue. You will procede to get unlimited perks such as never opening another door also possible free wheel chair ride on and off and around the ship.

* While standing in any crowded elevator sneeze, cough, toot if possible and proclaim "damn Noro has got me again" suddenly you will have as much open space as desired.

* Bring a piece of useless luggage and fill it full of garage sale clothes, once in the room turn the shower on it for about 15 minutes then call Housekeeping and ask them who threw your luggage in the water and now you demand a free cruise.

*Buy some Diamond Coupons off of Ebay, Diamond Pin, Hat, basically any Diamond items you can and then wear these items proudly as you walk around on the ship making sure all staff and passengers take notice of who you are. Positive results include things such as priority boarding, show seats, and pool lounge chairs.

* Hold a party in your room and drink all the items in the mini bar impressing your invited guests like the big shot you are and then replace with same brand items bought ashore for a fraction of the price.

Be careful there, I can see two problems with this idea.

First you might not be able to find same brand products ashore that are that old and over the "Best before" date like in your mini bar:eek:

You don´t want your guests be poisned by the old stuff in the mini bar:eek:;):p:p:p

Be careful there, I can see two problems with this idea.

First you might not be able to find same brand products ashore that are that old and over the "Best before" date like in your mini bar:eek:

You don´t want your guests be poisned by the old stuff in the mini bar:eek:;):p:p:p

All kidding aside excellent point, I will sure look for expire dates going forward.

Mmmmm... funny but.....

In Celebration of my thousanth post over 10 years of Cruise Critic I will share these tips.

*If you like the pillow chocolates you can help yourself at any room attendants cart. You can't do that if they are not there in the first place, which these days they are not.

* Hold a party in your room and drink all the items in the mini bar impressing your invited guests like the big shot you are and then replace with same brand items bought ashore for a fraction of the price. Guests will not be impressed as there is only soft drinks in the mini bar

* Go to the breakfast buffet and excitedly point out into the ocean you see a whale or a submarine and once you have accumulated a big enough crowd immediately head to the front of the now empty eggs cooked to order line. Now that is a good idea.

* Bring onboard a neck brace and or fake arm cast. After first port of call wear said item while walking with a limp. Tell everyone it was a moped issue. You will procede to get unlimited perks such as never opening another door also possible free wheel chair ride on and off and around the ship. Not worth ending up with a terrible tan, just to get a door opened for you.

* While standing in any crowded elevator sneeze, cough, toot if possible and proclaim "damn Noro has got me again" suddenly you will have as much open space as desired. You will end up in quarentine, for the rest of the cruise.

* Bring a piece of useless luggage and fill it full of garage sale clothes, once in the room turn the shower on it for about 15 minutes then call Housekeeping and ask them who threw your luggage in the water and now you demand a free cruise. Still wil not get one, it has happened in the past, and the most you get is free dry cleaning of garage sale clothes.

*Buy some Diamond Coupons off of Ebay, Diamond Pin, Hat, basically any Diamond items you can and then wear these items proudly as you walk around on the ship making sure all staff and passengers take notice of who you are. Positive results include things such as priority boarding, show seats, and pool lounge chairs.Unfortunately these priviledges are for suite guests not D+ members.

But thanks for the laugh anyway.

Do not forget the old inflatable ankle cast for priority boarding...

Last month we had a lady in wheelchair with all her entourage..... assertively pushing her way around during check in..... and then on ship she was out and about and going up and stairs.:(

They were probably in a dissabled room also ....:(for the extra space .... and someone that really needed it ......was without.

Last month we had a lady in wheelchair with all her entourage..... assertively pushing her way around during check in..... and then on ship she was out and about and going up and stairs.:(

They were probably in a dissabled room also ....:(for the extra space .... and someone that really needed it ......was without.

You never know the whole story. It took me weeks to convince my Mother to let us get her a wheelchair for our cruise next week. She had back surgery last month and her legs are very weak and tire quickly. She's had numerous falls in the last month when she tries to over do it. I just finally talked her into using the chair for the long distances with the promise that she can get out of the chair once we've reached the destination. She does have assistance boarding but does not have a dissabled room.

There must be at least one one each cruise. A lady road with us on the shuttle with us. As soon as they had their luggage, she said she needed a wheelchair. It sort of backfired, because the handicapped line stopped moving due to a difficult check-in.

There must be at least one one each cruise. A lady road with us on the shuttle with us. As soon as they had their luggage, she said she needed a wheelchair. It sort of backfired, because the handicapped line stopped moving due to a difficult check-in.

You are messing up my aura.

Archived