Congratulations Team Canada

Lois R

Quite a hockey game.....Congratulations on winning the Gold Medal....

from your neighbors to the south.

Winning in OT....probably meant to be that way.

Congrats from NC and FL from me too.

Thanks. While I can't take ALL the credit, I am pretty proud of our team and of our city. My family has lived here (BC's lower mainland) for 150 years and we are just thrilled by how our area has been shown to the world.

There were hiccups, but it has been a really special time.

Viv

Thanks......and I'll take all the credit you want to send our way. TAxpayer you realize eh? :)

That sure was a great hockey game and I know that it sucks to just win silver but that other team did really well too.

I was able to take in two hockey games during the round robin and although Canada was not in those games I cheered for both teams for once in my life and it was a great experience.

I was also able to take in three curling draws all with Canada Playing and it was totally awesome.

I know that we are all going to be mad here in a few weeks when we find out how much these games really cost us but you know...Today it was just fine with me and worth it :)

Wandering around Vancouver and on transit and at the two venues I was able to get too talking with people from other countries and of all things other proud Canadians was a very new experience for me in Canada. We were all cheering and happy and actually showing off as Canadians.

Go Canada Go

Naturally you always want your team to win.. But i got the important gold last night in bobsled.. I felt like the Red Sox 's had won again. i grew up in Boston.. my father never saw them win once and I got to twice.

Nothing is better than winning on your home soil. Your country should be proud of their record gold metals and today.

I just up in July there is still some of that team spirit left and something i can find that says 2010 on it.

To the Canadians and others on this thread - don't forget that another group of athletes will be participating on the world stage and that is the Paralympians starting with the opening ceremonies and torch lighting on March 12 - I don't know about NBC but CTV will be broadcasting some of the events each day.

Thanks for all the kind words for us Canadians and the hockey game victory.

Cheers

Dennis

Not sure if we get CTV but i will be keeping you in my prayers.. have fun in Whistler for me.. oh and leave it in one piece for me. will be there 2 nights out of my 5 post cruise.

hope you post more pictures from tonight or anytime of this week.

oh i loved the last 30 minutes tonight. seeing Michael gave me tears in my eyes.

Congratulations Neighbors

You Earned Your Gold

Silver is just fine, when you lose to such a wonderful team, in such hard fought exciting game.

North America Rules Hockey! - WhooHOoo ~

:) :) :)

Quite a hockey game.....Congratulations on winning the Gold Medal....

from your neighbors to the south.

Winning in OT....probably meant to be that way.

Thanks Lois! It was an exciting game ... 2 evenly matched teams. Close games are always fun to watch. WAY TO GO ... "TEAM CANADA"... you really earned the GOLD MEDAL!! :cool:

Pat :)

Monday morning hangover or whatever you want to call coming down from a historic euphoric adrenalin rush - I went for coffee with a couple of friends around midnight on one of the streets a ways away from the action and it was still loud and boisterous at that time of the night -we should also congratulate our celebrants for keeping things peaceful - no reports of any major damage or large number of arrests.

Hard to believe but the inferior hockey league the NHL starts up tomorrow - the road restrictions for the most part are gone and people might actually have to show up for work.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you, and thanks to our wonderful neighbours who gave us such a great game.

There has been such a tremendous buzz about these Olympics. Despite the rough start, it's been a wonderful couple of weeks in our fair city, and we hope you will come back again sometime. Vancouver is beautiful any time of year, but summer is especially lovely.

God bless.

Hey Dennis - it was great watching the past two weeks and Vancouver sure proved everyone wrong in so many ways! Now I don't know what I'm going to do with my days, no more 24 hours of tv coverage!!! Guess I should find a job in order to keep cruising!!!

Good luck with the para-olymics, I'll be sure to catch the coverage on CTV.

From one Olympic city to another - WAY TO GO AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!

Thanks. It's been an incredible scene here throughout, and I think we're all a little sad to see it end. I went to the closing ceremony last night and loved it; the campy, over-the-top tribute to every Canadian cliche in the book was a great way to say goodbye, IMHO. And who doesn't love giant inflatable beavers?

Thanks. It's been an incredible scene here throughout, and I think we're all a little sad to see it end. I went to the closing ceremony last night and loved it; the campy, over-the-top tribute to every Canadian cliche in the book was a great way to say goodbye, IMHO. And who doesn't love giant inflatable beavers?

i loved the end it was super.

Canadian EH!!!

Agree - I enjoyed most of the closing ceremonies - not sure about the William Shatner, Michael J video part but thought that Michael Buble and the Maple Leaf Forever was stunning - many of us older Canadians can probably remember some of the debate that centered around whether the Maple Leaf Forever should be our National Anthem and unlike the US which uses God Bless America in place of the Star Spangle Banner we really don't have a second unofficial one to use.

Hard to believe that Michael Buble was discovered at the talent search at the PNE a number of years ago - I believe that Red Robinson was hosting it at the time

I also got tipped off that April Lavigne would be performing - a fellow cruise critic friend who I have cruised with and has a Facebook account posted that she would be performing because she is engaged to a relative of her drummer.

I have a bike riding volunteer friend who is a citizen journalist and was also a legal observer during the Games - yesterday he was on his bike with his helmet cam and shot some video of the party in the downtown. Here's a link to his blog entry:

http://bulletproofcourier.blogspot.com/2010/02/downtown-street-party-olympic-hockey.html

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Lois! It was an exciting game ... 2 evenly matched teams. Close games are always fun to watch. WAY TO GO ... "TEAM CANADA"... you really earned the GOLD MEDAL!! :cool:

Hi Pat:)good to see you. Hope your cruises were alot of fun and hope you

and Cliff are both doing well.:D

Hi Patgood to see you. Hope your cruises were alot of fun and hope you

and Cliff are both doing well.

Hi Lois!!

YES...we really Enjoyed ourselves!! Those Elite perks are Great! We hadn't planned on wearing jackets in Ft Lauderdale though!? :eek: It was pretty COLD for our post cruise stay...weird weather.

You aren't going to believe this...Angela Cochon...Captain Club Hostess from our Sept/09 Mercury Alaska cruise was the CC hostess on the Equinox!! :D She treated us really well. :cool:;):D She's very good at her job...a real people person.

I asked about the Future Cruise person from the Mercury...Angela said she was promoted to an office job. Can you remember her name? Rosellta??? I think it's something like that....Nice girl too!

Equinox was a new ship and all but I still like the M-Class ships better. Less people to deal with and those AFT balconies are hard to beat! We're on the Millie again in Sept/10 for a Wine cruise out of Vancouver, BC and then onto the Connie for next J/F for another B2B.

What have you got planned for your next adventure?

Hi Lois!!

YES...we really Enjoyed ourselves!! Those Elite perks are Great! We hadn't planned on wearing jackets in Ft Lauderdale though!? :eek: It was pretty COLD for our post cruise stay...weird weather.

You aren't going to believe this...Angela Cochon...Captain Club Hostess from our Sept/09 Mercury Alaska cruise was the CC hostess on the Equinox!! :D She treated us really well. :cool:;):D She's very good at her job...a real people person.

I asked about the Future Cruise person from the Mercury...Angela said she was promoted to an office job. Can you remember her name? Rosellta??? I think it's something like that....Nice girl too!

Equinox was a new ship and all but I still like the M-Class ships better. Less people to deal with and those AFT balconies are hard to beat! We're on the Millie again in Sept/10 for a Wine cruise out of Vancouver, BC and then onto the Connie for next J/F for another B2B.

What have you got planned for your next adventure?

Pat

Hi Pat,:) I can't rememeber her name....Rosa? And yes, I remember

Angela! She was good to all 3 of us!

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. To be honest, I prefer both the M and C class ships too.

Lets see, I was on Summit last month (oh wait its March now so I was

on her in January LOL....and going again in May. Sailing out of NJ, going

to Boston, Newport and Bermuda. (Again on SUMMIT).

After May I have nothing else planned...I see you are doing next

Jan and Feb. I haven't been on Constellation for years and years.

I must say, Vancouver did a great job with the Olympics. Hats off

to them!!!!

As a Canadian who winters in Arizona...I have to say without modesty that Canada and and my home town of Vancouver did a superb job with the Olympics and the gold medal in men's hockey and the record of 14 gold medals, one more than that has ever been won by a country in a winter Olympics, was just the icing on the cake. Great job CANADA!!!!

Howdy, how's the Olympic hangover for y'all? (yes I'm from Canada, can't you tell?) Is it kind of a let-down now that it's all over? I was a local in Atlanta in 1996 and remember how that went. It was kind of a downer just for the opening ceremonies, because all the locals had left town. But then when it was all over we were left with a better town. Entire sections of downtown had been revamped. The better university in Georgia (ahem) was left with an awesome Olympic swimming pool with all the diving platforms and a big-screen.

Archived