SD II: May 23 - June 5, 2010

My rule is - if the charge hits my credit card, I get first shot at the docs!:p

I forgot to go green with the on line contract and shipboard credit this time. The travel wallet is very satisfying and the travel insurance and assorted documents will fit nicely. I do miss the pen from years ago but love the pull out itinerary and embarkation information. Is it too early to start packing? :D

FT

Never too early. go for it!:D

First time cruiser here. Is the travel wallet really nice? Or should I just go with the edocs?

I like it. It is different than they used to be but still nice. (They used to be all leather, this has some cloth, and nice luggage tags included.)

Is it worth the amount of the spa credit that you get for using e-docs? Probably not, but as FT says I like to collect stuff.

First time cruiser here. Is the travel wallet really nice? Or should I just go with the edocs?

I would go for the travel wallet for the first time - after that no. I like the luggage tag. And I like having the nice folder to put the passports and the travel insurance etc. I have yet to find one in a store that I will buy - I actually like the size of this one better than the "old SD product" and the enclosures are much more practical.

FT:)

and doing my daily check to see if the price has dropped . .. fare jumped overnight by $700 for the leg from Istanbul to Athens. Don't guess we'll be getting an additional credit! Guess that's good for SD. Won't have much time for the spa this voyage with all the wonderful islands anyway. ;)

FT

Too early for me to start packing - I'm firmly in the night before cotegory, though I stare at my closet (alot) and makes lists for a couple of weeks before that.

FT - - even with the great ports you need to hit the spa at least once - in December I got the BEST Thai massage ever - i felt 2 inches taller when she was done with me!

Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait. I've been hitting my guide books hard and am even more excited than ever!!!

Too early for me to start packing - I'm firmly in the night before cotegory, though I stare at my closet (alot) and makes lists for a couple of weeks before that.

FT - - even with the great ports you need to hit the spa at least once - in December I got the BEST Thai massage ever - i felt 2 inches taller when she was done with me!

Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait. I've been hitting my guide books hard and am even more excited than ever!!!

I am sure that FT will hit the spa a lot more than once. Her idea of not as much is every other day instead of every day.

Overwurked? Did you book Grande Bertagne? As an FYI we booked with EKOL in Istanbul and Kusadasi. I have spent hours doing research about transfers tours, etc. Let me know if you need any of my very unexpert suggestions.

I am sure that FT will hit the spa a lot more than once. Her idea of not as much is every other day instead of every day.

Overwurked? Did you book Grande Bertagne? As an FYI we booked with EKOL in Istanbul and Kusadasi. I have spent hours doing research about transfers tours, etc. Let me know if you need any of my very unexpert suggestions.

We ended up booking the St George Lycabettus in Athens. My TA has a really good guide in Istanbul so we are supposed to be booking him (don't know the details yet). We haven't booked a guide in Kusadasi - I was just thinking of doing the SD shore excursion - do you think its better to book a private guide? As for transfers we were planning to arrange Istanbul transport from airport and to the ship through the Park Hyatt. My TA is supposed to be booking our transport from Pireus to the hotel.

I would strongly recommend a private guide in Ephesus. The history is so rich, it's great to have a really knowledgeable person explain things. Also, the crowds can be quite overwhelming, but with a private guide you'll barely notice.

The shore excursion is supposed to be great (we didn't do it because we had the private guide all day). It was nice to stay on the ship that night I think only 4 other guests remained on board with us.

We are adding some stops to what SD offers on the shore excursion so for us it is better to go with the private guide. Also we are going to be there on 2 different days since we are on a B2B and need something different on at least one of them. I also suspect that if the night time excursion is offered we will do that one of the two nights we are there.

and what ZQVol fears to say is that I don't do groups very well . .. control freak that I admit to being. So he might be doing the night time excursion at Ephesus without me. The deserted yacht sounds divine after 5 and 1/2 hrs surrounded by the hordes.

FT

You're just saying that because you have spent the day with 20 million of your closest friends:p

Seriously ... you have to see Ephesus!!

You're just saying that because you have spent the day with 20 million of your closest friends:p

Seriously ... you have to see Ephesus!!

We will, we have private tours booked for both days.

There was not one on our Med cruise either. Had a bit more elaborate spread in the lounge one night. No big deal as we were ashore most of every day and the water, with the exception of Portofino, did not look that inviting. No comparison to JostVD.

J.

I think that's correct. I don't recall every having one in the Med. Too much to see ashore every day, is the idea I expect.

Could be a first . . . getting off the yacht every day. Don't think I've done that since the first SD voyage in the Caribbean;) Debating whether I should attempt with just carryon ---but since I have to take laptop for work and ZQVol will be checking bag, half full checked bag will leave room for shopping!

FT

Could be a first . . . getting off the yacht every day. Don't think I've done that since the first SD voyage in the Caribbean;) Debating whether I should attempt with just carryon ---but since I have to take laptop for work and ZQVol will be checking bag, half full checked bag will leave room for shopping!

FT

Yikes!! Getting off the yacht everyday and no splash:p Can't wait to read this trip report:D

I had a bit of a scare today when my boss said "what do you mean you are going on vacation at the end of May? didn't you just go on a SD cruise in December?" Just because we are short staffed doesn't mean I am cancelling our holiday . . . . :D Though I'm sure I will regret that my Crackberry works in Europe and already plan on using the laptop daily. No never empty glass of champagne until late in the day:rolleyes:

FT

I had a bit of a scare today when my boss said "what do you mean you are going on vacation at the end of May? didn't you just go on a SD cruise in December?" Just because we are short staffed doesn't mean I am cancelling our holiday . . . . :D Though I'm sure I will regret that my Crackberry works in Europe and already plan on using the laptop daily. No never empty glass of champagne until late in the day:rolleyes:

FT

Does he know my boss?

Archived