Princess: Bring back the s.f. Sailings!

4cats4me

We know that Princess higher-ups do read this board, so let's

get a showing of hands [postings] of those who want the

San Francisco based sailings reinstated. Let's show Princess

how serious we are about our love of sailings from San Francisco.:)

I live in Vancouver.....both San Francisco and my home town are beautiful cities in different ways. I have loved sailing from both and will be in San Francisco this September for a day on the beautiful Sapphire with my camera on hand. Kruisey:)

Yay for more cruises out of SF!!! We'd probably cruise more often! Not only bring back the MR cruises from SF, bring MORE RT cruises to SF!!! We get the MR (not so much now :rolleyes:) Alaska, and an oddball every now and then, how about throwing in a few others? Like Hawaii/Tahiti? Maybe they could bring back the 15 day sailing from SF? Come on Princess!!!!

There are so many people that would love to have the San Francisco sailings to where ever they really enjoy going under the Golden Gate Bridge that in it self is a good seller when I hear people mention that they are sailing out of S.F they get excited. If they had more cruises out of this city they would sell very well. We booked an Alaska cruise out of S.F just because it was from here we have another one coming up. And I wish there were more going somewhere else I wish there was a Panama canal round trip from S.F.

Lets hope Princess does actually read these posts and realize there are ALOT of that want to cruise out of SF..I am soooo bummed right now that my 11 day Mex cruise is cancelled on April 19, 2011...we dont want to fly with all the airlines charging fees for everything and we prefer to drive. Darn Princess!

Living in the SF Bay Area, more SF sailings would be great! We sailed on Star to Australia from SF last fall, and it was great. We stayed onboard for the return trip to LA. Would have loved to sail back into SF instead of LA, but it worked out O.K. for us.

Add me to the list of YES, more SF sailings. My next chore here is to write to Customer Relations @PrincessCruise.com and complain about my canceled 4-30-11 cruise which, BTW, Princess agent told me I had to give my permission to cancel (gee, wasn't it Princess that did that!!) before my paperwork would reflect my returned deposit credit and so on. Bizarre that they needed me to say it. Anyway, I am still angry about losing out on a 10 SF trip.

Sure, why not - plenty of people in the region who like to cruise and who don't want to fly to get to the ship. Doesn't interest me at all as it just adds sea days to either an Alaska or Mexican Riviera itinerary, but would be a great option for those that live in the area.

I count 17 so far.

Hopefully you are all bringing a spouse, etc to sail with you.

Now we are up to 34.

We need just another 3,400 or so to fill a ship ONCE out of San Francisco.

Good luck.

The people at Princess do read this site. They also want to keep their jobs by keeping the company profitable.

Due to the PVSA, the frequent rough seas off San Fran, and the fact that most Americans will not buy a cruise longer than 7 days, San Francisco sailings on large mass market ships will never be very popular.

If the cruise lines' very expensive and extremely accurate market research told them they could make a profit with regular San Francisco sailings, you would see plenty of ships there.

But you don't - and you won't.

Add me to the list of YES, more SF sailings. My next chore here is to write to Customer Relations @PrincessCruise.com and complain about my canceled 4-30-11 cruise which, BTW, Princess agent told me I had to give my permission to cancel (gee, wasn't it Princess that did that!!) before my paperwork would reflect my returned deposit credit and so on. Bizarre that they needed me to say it. Anyway, I am still angry about losing out on a 10 SF trip.

i am also angry as i was supposed to be on the April 19th cruise on the Star...here is what my agent sent me today:

I have talked to Princess and was advised to wait until next week to make any changes. The Star has been redeployed but they have said there is some chance a ship may do some Mexico sailings so I don't want you to get your hopes up but it is not yet a done deal. We have not officially received a notice on the cancellation of your cruise...the cruise is cancelled but the reservation is not...a bit confusing I know but let's just wait and see what happens.

Donna

We know that Princess higher-ups do read this board, so let's

get a showing of hands [postings] of those who want the

San Francisco based sailings reinstated. Let's show Princess

how serious we are about our love of sailings from San Francisco.:)

But seriously, how many times can you sail to Cabo and Mazatlan before you throw up?? I mean really. SF is too far from Alaska...too far from anywhere decent. 7 day cruises and SF don't work and Princess is just facing those cold hard facts. Pity parties won't help, sorry.

I count 17 so far.

Hopefully you are all bringing a spouse, etc to sail with you.

Now we are up to 34.

We need just another 3,400 or so to fill a ship ONCE out of San Francisco.

Good luck.

The people at Princess do read this site. They also want to keep their jobs by keeping the company profitable.

Due to the PVSA, the frequent rough seas off San Fran, and the fact that most Americans will not buy a cruise longer than 7 days, San Francisco sailings on large mass market ships will never be very popular.

If the cruise lines' very expensive and extremely accurate market research told them they could make a profit with regular San Francisco sailings, you would see plenty of ships there.

But you don't - and you won't.

As much as I love sailing out of SF, I have to agree. It's just not that profitable for Princess. I just hope they keep some ships going out of LA in the winter and Seattle in the summer. (I too hate the hassle of long flights)

I'm from the east coast and have several options available within driving distance (one in my own backyard!) Leaving from SF would definately be a draw for us! Perhaps if a new demographic was captured, it would be more profitable!:D leaving next week from FLL and in June from SJ.:D:D

Archived