Crab Cake Receipe

sammthe66

Was recently on the Explorer of the Seas. Had crab cakes as an appetizer one night, delicious. Was wondering if anyone has the receipe or no where you can get it. Purchased a cook book but the receipe was not in it.

Awesome site: http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=crab+cakes

You can find any recipe on the internet by typing the name into google.

Me too, me too! I want the RCCL recipe for crabcakes! Did anyone get the cookbook? I am kicking myself for not. Next time! Lanabanana--I would also like to get the warm chocolate cake recipe. My DH doesn't care much for sweets but has raved about that warm chocolate cake ever since our cruise last January! Gotta get it!!

I, too, loved those crab cakes. Did you also have "warm chocolate cake"? That was my other favorite on the Explorer.

I haven't tried the warm chocolate cake (I don't have a sweet tooth), but my cruise experience is not complete with a small piece of their flourless chococlate cake. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.

Don't have the recipe for RCL crab cakes but if you ever had Maryland crab cakes in Maryland,:eek: you would never say RCL's are tasty. I didn't like them at all.

As a Marylander, let me tell you that we do not eat crab cakes ANYWHERE but here. No one can make them right....too much breading, not enough crab, etc. Here is a link for a great recipe!!!!:p http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/md/gov/mdgov90.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I've had those famous "Maryland Crab Cakes" and they are the best.. Thanks for posting the recipe, I saved it to my Favorites..... Can't wait to make them now.

As a Marylander, let me tell you that we do not eat crab cakes ANYWHERE but here. No one can make them right....too much breading, not enough crab, etc. Here is a link for a great recipe!!!!:p http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/md/gov/mdgov90.htm

• 10 years later...

The crab cakes in Chops have no breading mixed inside of them like a traditional crab cake. They use Dungenese crab and chopped raw shrimp as a "binder". The cake is then rolled in crumbs before frying.

I don't yet have their exact "spicing" mix, but my homemade cakes are getting pretty close :D.

Cruised on Navigator this month; loved the crab cakes as well; was told by head waiter that they are brought on board frozen so no recipe available from RCCL. Sorry to disappoint everyone looking for this recipe.

This thread is 10 years old and some of those posting on it have not posted since. Back then there may have been a recipe and hopefully someone found it.

This thread is 10 years old and some of those posting on it have not posted since. Back then there may have been a recipe and hopefully someone found it.

I have all five Royal Cookbooks and there is not a "crab cake" recipe listed in any of them.

I can't stand "Maryland Crab Cakes"...they put some sort of herb in it that really is awful!

The best crab cakes I've ever had are at a place (in Fredericksburg, VA) called 'Old Town Steak and Seafood"...they are awesomely delicious!!!!!

I like this cajun one: Just mix it up and refrigerate over night.

2 cups mayonnaise

2 tablespoons catsup

2 tablespoons creole mustard or 2 tablespoons cajun mustard or 2 tablespoons deli style mustard

1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped )

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (1 tsp for mild)

1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)

2 teaspoons prepared horseradish

2 garlic cloves

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon celery salt

1 teaspoon paprika

Marylander's don't eat crab cakes outside of our state! Here's the only recipe I ever use and it came from a Maryland seafood restaurant owner.

Lump crabmeat

Hellman's mayo (not a lot)

Old Bay Seasoning

Make sure the crabmeat is not wet when mixing. Bake, broil, or fry!

I must have missed the good crab cakes too. I couldn't eat the last ones I ordered on the ship.

Being from Virginia's Eastern Shore, having a father in the seafood business, and a husband who crabbed for a living for a while I have tried quite a few crab cake recipes. The one simple recipe I stick with now is on the Old Bay container and I only make one change--Instead of bread crumbs to hold the mixture together I use buttery cracker crumbs (like Townhouse)---gives the crab cakes that buttery flavor. And fry them in hot oil. I don't mean to brag, but they really are the best.