AquaClass tipping

phinn

Leaving on the Solstice tomorrow. We are in AquaClass and will eat in Blu without set time. How do we do tipping? Will we have envelopes for last night as we have in the past or will we have tips taken out of our account? We did not have prepaid tips as I have done in the past with anytime dining.

Aqua Class tips go to the service people in Blu. If your server and asst. go above and beyond, as our always did, feel free to give them extra on the last night as a "thank you" we always bring a few thank you notes along to have for the extra tips

We left an extra tip (in cash) for our cabin attendant Vivianna as she was exemplary. Service was very good in Blu but we did not have the same waiters each night and didn't feel the need to add extra to the gratuities at the end.

Like everyone else in Aq,I paid standard gratuities as required for Aquaclass, as mentioned earlier, they are added on a daily basis after day two or three.

I have noticed that most posters speak of additional tips for Blu staff on the last night, I did it slightly different to this. On the bar chit each night, I added $15-20 per night (this was on top of the 15% service charge on the wine), as this was the only way that I could be sure that 'that night's team' would recognise my appreciation. I don't know if this is the recommended behaviour but there was a box on the receipt for that purpose, so I would have felt mean not adding something in this box. On the second last day, I handed a fistful of dollars to the two room attendants, no envelopes to be seen.

Service was very good in Blu but we did not have the same waiters each night and didn't feel the need to add extra to the gratuities at the end.

That's precisely why we chose traditional dining. We like having the same waiter/Asst each night.

Thank you for the information. Those that go the extra mile have always been rewarded in my eyes, so I will be sure to have the extra dollars with me. Nice touch on the thank you note.

Like everyone else in Aq,I paid standard gratuities as required for Aquaclass, as mentioned earlier, they are added on a daily basis after day two or three.

I have noticed that most posters speak of additional tips for Blu staff on the last night, I did it slightly different to this. On the bar chit each night, I added $15-20 per night (this was on top of the 15% service charge on the wine), as this was the only way that I could be sure that 'that night's team' would recognise my appreciation. I don't know if this is the recommended behaviour but there was a box on the receipt for that purpose, so I would have felt mean not adding something in this box. On the second last day, I handed a fistful of dollars to the two room attendants, no envelopes to be seen.

If you left additional on your wine service bill, that tip goes to the sommelier, not to the wait staff

That sommelier must have loved you! That was for him not the wait staff.

Sommelier doesn't share tips with wait staff.

That's precisely why we chose traditional dining. We like having the same waiter/Asst each night.

But if you WANT same wait staff in Blu you can get it. We did. Igor and Nikolai were wonderful on our January Solstice cruise. You just have to ask.:)

That sommelier must have loved you! That was for him not the wait staff.

Sommelier doesn't share tips with wait staff.

Oh dear, feel a bit of a doughball :o

That sure made the wine expensive then. That must be the best job on the boat, she gets to drink the wine that I buy and then I tip her for doing so :).

Oh well, every day is a school day, as they say.

Thanks to you and phaxx for pointing that out, at least i'll know the next time.

Yes she was very friendly, and I thought it was my magnetic personality:(.

Below is a link to the relevent section which shows the cost of the tips and to whom they will be distributed. As mentioned it will be placed on your account unless you opt out.

Gratuities

For your convenience, we will automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard Seapass account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion: $11.50 per person per day for guests in staterooms ($12.00 per person per day for guests in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms and $15.00 per person per day for guests in Suites). These service gratuities are based on the following recommended amounts:

Restaurant Service* Per Person Per Day

Waiter $3.65

Assistant Waiter $2.10

Dining Room Management $1.00

Stateroom Service* Per Person Per Day

Butler (Suites Only) $3.50

Stateroom Service $3.50 ($4.00 for Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms)

Alternative Service*

Other Service Personnel $1.25

Archived