Laundry question

spunkie4

We are approaching Elite and I am really looking forward to the laundry service.

Here is my question. Someone told me the steward's responsibility includes doing the laundry. Is that true?

Shirley

No, his/her job is to collect the laundry and deliver it back to your cabin. Jan

how does the elite laundry work? Is it just one bag a cruise or as much as you need? Also does it include dry cleaning or just normal wash? Thanks in advance

If you are Elite, you get unlimited laundry. On longer cruises, we send it about once a week. The Cabin Steward collects it and returns the completed laundry.

Also does it include dry cleaning or just normal wash?

Princess no longer offers "dry cleaning" on any ship. They offer "laundry" and "cleaning" and the Elite perk covers both.

The "cleaning" is a different process than "dry cleaning", but on other threads nobody has been able to say exactly what the process is.

Princess no longer offers "dry cleaning" on any ship. They offer "laundry" and "cleaning" and the Elite perk covers both.

The "cleaning" is a different process than "dry cleaning", but on other threads nobody has been able to say exactly what the process is.

hmm interesting

thanks for the reply!

We finally worked up the courage to send two items (tropical shirts, dry clean or hand wash only) to the laundry for "cleaning". We sent them in a separate bag from our laundry, with a separate receipt. They came back very nicely done on hangars. I think I am going to send just about everything I can for "cleaning", and save just the really sturdy stuff for laundry, as I haven't had as good of luck with the latter.

As said on the other laundry thread we have never had a problem. We request cold was and low dry and they come back the same size as when we sent them.

Do believe on our ultimate ships tour a number of people were interested in the procedure.

Archived