JS aft or D1 hump

Which would have a better view on Mariner of the Seas? A JS aft(deck 10) or d1 hump(deck 9). Does the d1 balcony have a lounge chair? Thanks:)

Let you know about the JS aft some time after the 18th. We sail Sunday and will have JS aft this trip:rolleyes:. Don't know about hump cabin. But we have one setup for next year on AOS out of SJU.

I would go with one of the JS deck 10 aft. We have been in both cabins and really enjoy them. Much deeper balcony. You will have 2 loungers, and I think 4 chairs and a table big enough to be comfortable eating and the typical small table. With plenty of room left over. Your view is fine. I would hesitate to grab a JS on 6 or 7.

We had JS 9628 on Mariner. It seems bigger than the average JS, with a bigger balcony than usual. You can sea the bigger balcony on the deck plans. The balcony had two chairs, a table and a small lounger. It is extremely convenient, with no noise from the elevator or stairs. We've enjoyed the aft cabins in the past, but the long walk to anywhere, especially on a Voyager class, can be a bit much.

Good luck with your plans.

I prefer a larger cabin to a larger balcony....I only sit and read or ocean-gaze on the balcony, and all of them are ample for that. In the cabin, with both of us moving about, the larger cabin works sooooo much better! A JS has the space of most hotel rooms...a sitting area and a huge closet....plus the tub in the bathroom...however, your JS would be aft and have a HUGE balcony! I'd take the JS!

The hump is very convenient, but you do NOT get any extra space because of the hump.

We have stayed in JS and have a D1 hump booked on Freedom. We have also stayed in a JS hump and D1 hump. To me, although I like the larger cabin size of the JS, I really find the tub to be a detriment rather than a positive. At home, I never take a bath, and the sides of the tub in the JS are quite high making it difficult for me to get in and out.

I also like being in the center of the ship as it is easy to walk to anyplace, whereas, coming from the aft to the front of the ship is a long walk. Either way, I'm sure you will have a great cabin. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. I have Js hump on deck 9 for next year. We usually have A JS but last year took a d1 aft because of the balcony. I have been reading this hoping I made a good choice since I could have at the time taken an Aft Js or the Hump JS. I have never had a hump and thought I would like to try it.

I do know as much as I love the aft rooms it is a long walk.( we actually lost weight on the last trip) I really do like the JS better than the D1 even though the D! had a great balcony the Js is just so much roomier. Also I too never take a bath but when you come back from the pool or beach and need to hang you bathing suits to dry there is a lot more room in the bath tub than in the shower.

If 1388 or 1688, D-1s on Deck 10, are available, you would get a great deal IMHO. The cabin is almost as large as a JS. The downside (to some) is a pole at the foot of the bed. But I suppose you could have some fun with that.... You still get a large balcony, but a standard bathroom.

If a JS on the hump is available, I'd take one of those, too. We had 9624 a few years ago and the cabin is a bit larger to incorporate the hump. I think the balcony is a bit longer, too, but not wider the way the hump balconies on a Radiance class ship are.

The hump is very convenient, but you do NOT get any extra space because of the hump.

If a JS on the hump is available, I'd take one of those, too. We had 9624 a few years ago and the cabin is a bit larger to incorporate the hump.

We had JS 9628 on Mariner and Voyager and it seemed to us, and others, a bit larger than the normal JS. The RCCL site has everything generic, no help there as to one JS being larger than another. Next time we sail, maybe the hotel mananger could answer this question. Or, anyone here have anything definite on this?

R&D

Maybe it is just my imagination, but having stayed in 9318 on Mariner, center hump JS, and having been in an aft JS as well as as a JS on the side of the ship, (due to cabin crawls) I think the center hump JS is larger than the others.

I know the closet is..........

In fact, when I visited the aft JS, I thought it was a regular balcony cabin, until the occupant stated it was a JS.

I knew my hump cabin was larger.

Now, the balcony is another story. The aft is much larger....deeper...

Archived