A chocoholic question.......

lindalans

Can the Pinnacle's chocolate volcano cake be ordered through room service??????????

Have not tried to order it, but want to tell a kindred spirit that the chocolate cake available thru the regular room service menu is FABULOUS. Fabulous. Did I mention it is FABULOUS? :D Dark chocolate, with a ganache-style frosting. FABULOUS!

The only time I have heard of people being able to order the chocolate volcano cake through room service is when they actually paid for and ordered an entire meal from the Pinnacle Grill.

Now that being said -- the entire meal is usually delivered all at once so the chocolate valcano cake would be ruined by the time you got through the main part of the meal.

Ask about the warm flourless chocolate cake in the dining room. If you don't see it on the menu, and you inquire, they very well make some special for you the next night.

It's as good as the volcano cake.

Trust me on this one. ;)

Ask about the warm flourless chocolate cake in the dining room. If you don't see it on the menu, and you inquire, they very well make some special for you the next night.

It's as good as the volcano cake.

Trust me on this one. ;)

Ruth, HAL used to have an amazing flourless chocolate cake years ago. Lately, I've found the one they have now to taste like an average muffin. Sounds like you've had a better experience.

Have not tried to order it, but want to tell a kindred spirit that the chocolate cake available thru the regular room service menu is FABULOUS. Fabulous. Did I mention it is FABULOUS? :D Dark chocolate, with a ganache-style frosting. FABULOUS!

Oh, yikes, I wish you hadn't told me that. Now I'll have to order one while we're on our Alaska cruise. But chocolate gives energy doesn't it? So, that'll be my excuse. I need energy for all that sightseeing. ;)

Sounds like you've had a better experience.

Sounds like it, doesn't it. :confused: I hope you (and I) can get what I'm used to. It was gooey in the middle, but smaller than the volcano cake. Just enough after a large meal.

Ruth, HAL used to have an amazing flourless chocolate cake years ago. Lately, I've found the one they have now to taste like an average muffin. Sounds like you've had a better experience.

The flourless chocolate cake that we have gotten on recent cruises was terrible -- tasted like a dried out, old cake.

The only time I have heard of people being able to order the chocolate volcano cake through room service is when they actually paid for and ordered an entire meal from the Pinnacle Grill.

Now that being said -- the entire meal is usually delivered all at once so the chocolate valcano cake would be ruined by the time you got through the main part of the meal.

That's easy - order as follows:

"Hold the soup. Hold the salad. Hold the filet mignon. Bring the volcano cake. Please charge my shipboard account." :)

Or...

Eat dessert first.

Well glad it's not me. The recipe the used to have years ago was to die for.

Yes -- it was -- in fact back in the 90's John Mulvaney -- who used to be the chef on many ships and now overseas the culinary operations on all ships (works out of Seattle -- but does visit the ships to see how things are going) -- first intrduced this dessert at our suite dinners that we used to have and everyone raved over it.

Yes -- it was -- in fact back in the 90's John Mulvaney -- who used to be the chef on many ships and now overseas the culinary operations on all ships (works out of Seattle -- but does visit the ships to see how things are going) -- first intrduced this dessert at our suite dinners that we used to have and everyone raved over it.

I think John needs to give them a few pointers on how to make that dessert:D. I heard someone say lately the the brownie at lunch in the Pinnacle is good too. I don't eat sugar at home so I bake with splenda. I've had things made with splenda that tasted better then that brownie.

My DH loves the fabulous chocolate cake from room service and he doesn't usually like cake at all.

As for me, the chocolate brownie in the PG is amazingly good. Decadent and filling it is the perfect way to end a fantastic Pinncle lunch.

If you can find some the chocolate walnut brownies in the Exploration Cafe are very good.

Did you see the recipe in the Mariner's newsletter this month?

Yes, indeed! And my DW is making it for my birthday next week. On another note, we won't have to live vicariously via these boards much longer, as if we can get airline tickets using mileage in a few weeks, we're booking next spring break on the Niew Amsterdam, Western Caribbean, sailing the end of March!

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of chocolate, does HAL have chocolate croissants and if so, how are they? On Celebrity, they have them at the Cova Cafe and at the buffet. The ones at Cova are much better -- they have double the chocolate as the ones at the buffet (and I got the F&B person to confirm this on our last cruise)!

Speaking of chocolate, does HAL have chocolate croissants and if so, how are they? On Celebrity, they have them at the Cova Cafe and at the buffet. The ones at Cova are much better -- they have double the chocolate as the ones at the buffet (and I got the F&B person to confirm this on our last cruise)!

On some other threads I've read that HAL has chocolate croissants at breakfast. I think it's in the MDR but folks have said that during MDR breakfast hours you can order them in your cabin. I plan on doing that.

For room service breakfast, all you have to do is write "chocolate" above "croissants" on the room service card and voila! there they'll be. They're small (but oh so good) and I ordered two instead of toast. For other times, I noticed that the dining room ran out of them a couple of times, but they always seemed to be plentiful in the Lido during breakfast.

Archived