Pacific Dawn Limping Back To Brisbane

The Pacific Dawn is current travelling at an extremely reduced rate against a strong current and is likely not to arrive back in Brisbane until 12 noon Sunday. Apparently won't be able berth at the normal position because of lack of power. There is a possibility it will go into dry dock early.

The Pacific Dawn is current travelling at an extremely reduced rate against a strong current and is likely not to arrive back in Brisbane until 12 noon Sunday. Apparently won't be able berth at the normal position because of lack of power. There is a possibility it will go into dry dock early.

If that’s the case which dry dock???, as the Sun Princess is in the dry dock at the moment.

Don’t know if Brisbane has two dry docks

its on FB.....here's a couple of reports

Steve Prideaux Yes my wife just called me - due back Sunday at Noon so the cruise departing 24th will be at least 24 hours late

Kimberley ThiesJust letting everyone know that the captain just advised that the current pacific dawn cruise which I'm on, will not be getting back to Brisbane until midday Sunday (25th) now

rkmw

yes is true, i called P&O and they said the lates news they had from the captain is that they were going to be late on sat, but i advised him that we have heard form on board souces that its not getting back till sun....

he said it would be best to call back after 3pm as they should know everything thats happening, like if the cruise thats meant to be leaving this weekend will or if the cruise on the 1st may will be delayed......

Well actually...:D:D

I did hear its part of a new service P&O are introducing .

After you have made a confirmed booking and the final payment has been lodged,

you will have the option of placing a bet as to :

*whether your cruise gets away on time,

*whether your cruise is extended because of a breakdown,

*whether your cruise is cancelled.

The last option can be further extended by betting on what form of compensation you will get.:eek::D

Well actually...:D

The last option can be further extended by betting on what form of compensation you will get.:eek::D

Hmmm......says Jillybean as she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a 50 dollar note. My money is $25 each way on number 2 and 3 ..... :rolleyes:

But I would never put money on it leaving on time;)

Jillybean:)

Oh David, now you're being facetious! :D:D:D

I just got my tickets out of the letter box. Why don't I feel excited? :confused: I'm not worried about our cruise, but I am feeling sorry for those due to leave on Saturday.

hahahahahahahahaha sounds like you are spot on.... its like the million dollar question... "will my cruise leave next weekend?" and secondly "will my cruise be completed without any hiccups?"

Brisbane Ports Shipping Information has the Pacific Dawn Arrival Sunday 25/04/2010 Start at 06:00 & Finish of 11:00 at Fisherman Island Grain. Departure of the next cruise is showing Sunday 25/04/2010 Start at 23:00 & Finish Monday 03:00 only if all is OK to proceed.

Well, NOD and AM1984, it looks as though they're planning on going on the next cruise at this stage. Fingers crossed for everyone. :rolleyes:

I say that would be the ideal turn around, but what is unknown is what repairs & how long is required to have the ship back in a condition to sail again.

Alan

News just in from our Travel Agent, she was told by P&O THAT EMBARKATION IS NOW BETWEEN 3.30PM AND 7.30PM on Sunday the 25th, we will miss Vila and now will have 2 Port days being Noumea on the 28th April and Poum on 29th April, we will also recieve onboard credit = to 1 night of what we paid for the trip. Will update if I hear anything else.

That could also be if we cancel your cruise, we will book you on another cruise, and if we cancel that cruise, we will book you yet again on another cruise. And so it goes. Meanwhile they have your money and not delivering the product.

I know some people going on the Pacific Dawn later this year after having there cruise cancelled last year by P&O. I hope they manage to fix the Pacific Dawn.

The Cruise now departing on Sunday has been changed. They will no longer be stopping at Vila & Lifou. The stops are now Noumea & Poum. Passengers will be refunded for 2 nights cruise fare to your shipboard account as well as being compensated if for they have any charges with any airline booking changes. Passengers will still book in at Portside from 3.30pm & then be taken to Fishermans Island Berth by bus.

Information from P&O Arrivals & Departure Line.

Who pays for missed flights with a cruise arriving back that late? I've read my Travel insurance (CoverMore) and best I can tell it doesn't really fit into any category.

We've got a scheduled 6am arrival and a 2.50pm flight, so it's not like we're not allowing for slight delays, but there's only so far you can go. :)

(We're booked on the Dawn, hopefully it'll work properly after its drydock...)

Who pays for missed flights with a cruise arriving back that late? I've read my Travel insurance (CoverMore) and best I can tell it doesn't really fit into any category.

We've got a scheduled 6am arrival and a 2.50pm flight, so it's not like we're not allowing for slight delays, but there's only so far you can go. :)

(We're booked on the Dawn, hopefully it'll work properly after its drydock...)

I do not have a answer for you on that one as this will be our first cruise from another city other than Sydney.

We are in the same position as you, however we have a 3.15pm flight booked to leave Brisbane on the arrival day.

I agree & hope that during the drydock period they will fix these ongoing issues & we have a enjoyable & trouble free cruise.

OH DEAR!! :eek::eek::eek: Not good news!

I wonder if they will be able to get her fixed in time on the Sunday :confused::confused:

All this breakdown news lately with P&O ships has really got me turned off booking a future cruise with them. Sure, PD is convenient for us in Brissie, but I think I may look at cruising RC or Princess from Sydney!

News just in from our Travel Agent, she was told by P&O THAT EMBARKATION IS NOW BETWEEN 3.30PM AND 7.30PM on Sunday the 25th, we will miss Vila and now will have 2 Port days being Noumea on the 28th April and Poum on 29th April, we will also recieve onboard credit = to 1 night of what we paid for the trip. Will update if I hear anything else.

My neighbour has just received an SMS from P & O advising same, departing from Fishermans Island Sunday 25 April. Check-in from 3pm to 7.00pm and buses will leave from Portside to transport guests to Fisherman Island. She apparently gets two days credited to her on board account.

Must be another ship at Portside on Sunday. Sun Princess doesn't leave Brisbane until April 29.

Jillybean:)

Archived