Pacific Dawn Limping Back To Brisbane

I would guess that it's normal cruising speed would be around 18 - 22 knots.

Jillybean:)

Yes, thats about right.

So currently at 11knts, I would suspect that only one prop/propulsion system is in use .:(

Its not looking too promising, I wonder when it actually left Cairns? Does anyone know, as it still has a long way to go to arrive in Brisbane by Sunday, and the problem needs to be fixed before they can even thinking of us all leaving on the next cruise.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=2AGH7

yeah thats not looking good, she is a long way from home... is it possible thats its not going to get home via sunday????? these poor people that are on the cruise that was meant to leave tomorrow, thats so sad i do feel for them

on the other hand im meant to be leaving next sat and im freaking out now!!!!

No way! We are giving you the Pacific Sun back as soon as OUR Pacific Pearl arrives.:D

Pacific Pearl is only 1 year younger than Pacific Sun, so for those that are ready to write off Pacific Sun because she is too old, you may as well do the same for the Pearl !!:rolleyes:.

Pacific Pearl is only 1 year younger than Pacific Sun, so for those that are ready to write off Pacific Sun because she is too old, you may as well do the same for the Pearl !!:rolleyes:.

Yeah, the Sun is the elder one .......but the Pearl's still an old girl! :rolleyes:

My neighbour is on this cruise. She was sent an SMS again last night confirming boarding will take place between 1500 and 1700 but it didn't say what time they would sail..... I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Anyway she's on her way up to board the ship now. At least they can enjoy a Sunday afternoon cocktail once on board.

I wouldn't mind just staying onboard at the wharf for a couple of days as long as I don't have to cook or clean I'm happy... ;)

Once those bow ropes are released she's on her own......

Jillybean:)

Archived