no iron??? please help

Someone please help me. I am a very obsessive person and must have ironed clothes. If my ship had a laundry room, i would happily go and iron my clothes everyday but the ship doesnt. I dont want to pay the ship so what other options are there? Can I bring a steamer? Any other ideas? Thanks

I, too, am picky about my clothes. I wouldn't say obsessive, because I was raised to iron clothes and keep them nice, so I say "organized" or "fussy" instead of obsessive! :D

Anywhoo, I have a travel steamer I take on all my cruises. I steam the garments as I take them out of the suitcase. Also, hanging knits in multiples on each hanger saves hangers and they don't wrinkle. Hange delicate fabrics on the top and the knits underneath act as a nice "cushion" for the delicates. Works for me.

My fool-proof method:

Iron well before you leave and fold... place in ziploc bag and remove all air... pack.

And/or...

Take clothes to dry cleaner before you leave and pack them in the dry cleaning bags... this works well for dresses, men's shirts and suits...

I have never had a garment arrive wrinkled in any way when I do this...

What causes wrinkles is the air that gets packed with your stuff... that air allows your clothes to shift during transport which causes wrinkles... so pressing well and firmly will eliminate that problem... the plastic dry cleaner bags and ziploc bags eliminate the air...

This method of eliminating air also allows you to pack more (unfortunately for some)... just be careful if you are flying that you don't overpack and go over the weight limit... the method also allows me to take fewer suitcases... DH and I can cruise for a week with one suitcase for the both of us with plenty of clothes for the week...

technically u can not bring an iron; however I have heard that some people pack portable irons with their luggage.

It isn't a technical thing.It is an outright prohibition. While you may have heard of people doing what you suggest it is unconscionable to suggest that others do so.:rolleyes: Steamers are apparently ok,but Downy wrinkle release is reported to work well and if the obsession to wear only ironed clothes is that strong, the OP should try to overcome any reluctance to paying the ship the pretty nominal fee that they charge for pressing those items.

OP - I am like you when it comes to wanting nicely pressed clothing. However, I have found that I stress much less about this on vacation. Downey Wrinkle Releaser does work extremely well; particularly if you have an adversion to paying for pressing.

To the poster who recommended a portable iron, I'm sure you meant well but any type of iron is a no-no. Just an FYI....irons of any type are confiscated onboard.

Downy Wrinkle Release (I have found travel sized bottles).

One of those suitcases that have a hanger inside and fold over.

Keep each piece of clothing covered in dry cleaning bags.

Military style packing---roll shirts and slacks.

Chico's and another travel catalog, that I can't think of now, sell non-wrinkling travel clothes made of a jersey material. You can goggle "travel clothing" and come up with alot of resources.

If the cruise shops sell steamers, you could purchase a small travel one.

Travelsmith also has a great selection of good quality mix & match wrinkle-free clothing. The thing is, you'll be the only one to care or notice! Years ago, I was also an ironing fanatic...including pillowcases, handkerchiefs, and jeans. I had several outfits with matching blouses and pullovers, but instead of just ironing the collar and cuffs on the blouse, I ironed the whole thing. Years of wonderful cruising taught me to relax, and I became proficient at "shower steaming and forearm ironing". Some cruise lines do have laundry rooms with boards and irons, but Royal Caribbean does not. Dry-cleaner bags, rolling clothes, and Downey are great alternatives. One word of advice: Don't bring LINEN garments!!

I've never seen anything saying whether steamers are allowed but I've never seen anything saying they are not allowed. Irons are specifically forbidden. I got my steamer at QVC. I use it all the time at home because I just hate to iron but I also hate to be wrinkled. Steaming is so much easier and quicker than ironing for me. I've taken my steamer on both of our cruises and I leave it out and no one has ever said anything to me about it. But, it might be better to call ahead if you want to know what the actual policy is.

Someone please help me. I am a very obsessive person and must have ironed clothes. If my ship had a laundry room, i would happily go and iron my clothes everyday but the ship doesnt. I dont want to pay the ship so what other options are there? Can I bring a steamer? Any other ideas? Thanks
I have posted this before, but it works and is timeless.

When you unpack your clothes if they are wrinkled have a rum and coke, look at your clothes again if they still look wrinkled have another rum and coke, after the second rum and coke look one more time, if still wrinkled keep repeating the rum and cokes until said clothes no longer look wrinkled.

Tequila may be used if sailing to Mexico!

i have posted this before, but it works and is timeless.

When you unpack your clothes if they are wrinkled have a rum and coke, look at your clothes again if they still look wrinkled have another rum and coke, after the second rum and coke look one more time, if still wrinkled keep repeating the rum and cokes until said clothes no longer look wrinkled.

Tequila may be used if sailing to mexico!

rotflmao!!!

Archived