Book two in a room that sleeps three on Freedom

Dlynn

I'm getting ready to book the Freedom for next year. My daughter's best friend and her family are planning on going. My question is can I book a room that sleeps three but only with two in the room? That way if my daughter's friends family decide not to go her friend can still go with us. Are there promenade rooms for three people? Are there insides that have two twins and a fold out couch?

You can book most cabins you want ..only a few have a min. occup. If your cabin will hold 3 or 4 you can book it with two..however to add those additional passengers into your cabin will depend on the occup. of the ship when you try to do this..so the sooner the better..Good luck and enjoy !!!

I'm getting ready to book the Freedom for next year. My daughter's best friend and her family are planning on going. My question is can I book a room that sleeps three but only with two in the room? That way if my daughter's friends family decide not to go her friend can still go with us. Are there promenade rooms for three people? Are there insides that have two twins and a fold out couch?

Only Royal Caribbean can answer that. Often you can't because cabins for 3 are saved for 3.

I recently tried to do this and couldn't. The CSR at RCI told me the computer often blocks such reservations at the beginning and end of the reservation period. He suggested things might open up later (I was booking the day reservations first opened up.)

We just booked a cabin for two that holds four. But as someone else mentioned, if the ship reaches it's occupancy level for triples (it's kinda confusing), then they won't allow that third person in the cabin regardless of whether or not it technically can hold 3.

Jo-Ann

Thanks for all the information. I will call Royal Caribbean and see what they say. The room change would happen before final payment is due. Can someone please let me know if there are promenade rooms that hold three or insides with fold out couches.

Thanks for all the information. I will call Royal Caribbean and see what they say. The room change would happen before final payment is due. Can someone please let me know if there are promenade rooms that hold three or insides with fold out couches.

Promenades will hold two people. Some inside cabins will hold up to four people with pullmans...

BTW..I just booked a JS on Liberty for Mar 2011 that happens to have a sofabed, and I was not told "no" these are saved for triples or quads !!

If you are waiting until final payment, you may be out of luck adding a third person. By that time, I'm guessing most triples will already be filled. Is it possible to add your child's friend to the triple now and then you can always remove her later?

If your daughter's friend is an only child and she is in a triple with her parents for now, maybe what you could do is book her as a TBA (to be announced) later on. That way she won't show up as a double booked passenger and you get to keep ahold of that triple cabin. It will, however, require another deposit, but that would be refundable up until final payment. If her parents go, then just remove her from the triple cabin.

Jo-Ann

Archived