Friends of Bill

SeaBlu

I have a friend who has been asked to go on a 12 day cruise with her family members, and she is worried about being so far from home and her regular meeting place. I know that they use to have regular set times and printed them everyday for Friends of Bill meetings do the Ships still do that?

Can she feel sure that they will be a meeting? Does anyone know any current information about this?

I have a friend who has been asked to go on a 12 day cruise with her family members, and she is worried about being so far from home and her regular meeting place. I know that they use to have regular set times and printed them everyday for Friends of Bill meetings do the Ships still do that?

Can she feel sure that they will be a meeting? Does anyone know any current information about this?

Hi,:) they have meetings on every cruise.

Wow, i have seen meeting places for "Friends of Bill" on each of our 7 cruises and thought how lucky Bill was to cruise so much, and with all his friends!

I could not agree more! On our cruise last week we were jealous to not be a part of his and Lois' network of friends/family ;)

For the OP... there was a meeting listed every day at 5:00 on the daily schedule for last week's Summit cruise.

the meetings are not listed in the daily program...but on a "white-board" at the reception area...if your friend doesn't see the meeting listed in the program be sure she checks in with the reception staff...they should have the information. LuAnn

But can someone explain to me why FOB is always listed in the published daily, but FOD only on the whiteboard? Is this a stigma thing? People don't always pass through reception, especially on port days. NCL lists both in the daily, and nobody seems put out...

Friends of Dorothy -- spouses and other significant family/friends of Friends of Bill? is what somebody told me.

I had thought it might be Gamblers Anonymous.

Friends and families of alcoholics receive hope, strength, and understanding in this support group.

Friends and families of alcoholics receive hope, strength, and understanding in this support group.

Aka "Friends of Lois". Lois Wilson was the wife of Bill Wilson (aka Bill W). He was a co-founder of AA and she was a co-founder of Al-anon. Friends of Lois is a name for an Al-anon meeting. Friends of Bill is a name for an AA meeting.

Hey- both my girls go to Whittier College- Go Poets!

(I'm not kidding, their mascot is the Poet)60320-WDMK-1-1.jpg

7. John Poet – Whittier College, California. This one is pretty easy – the school is named after poet and abolitionist John Whittier. The town the college is in is also called Whittier. Richard Nixon is probably Whittier’s most famous Poet (although it has lots of notable alumni, including the actress who played Kimmie Gibler on Full House) – he was an accomplished football, basketball and track runner for Whittier. Photo from Whittier.

from

http://www.neatorama.com/2009/02/28/the-stories-behind-10-weird-college-mascots/

The Whittier College mascot, Johnny Poet, should be reproduced in its entirety from digital art, provided by the Athletic Director upon approved request.

from

http://www.whittier.edu/pr/styleguide/styleguide_mascot.html

7. John Poet – Whittier College, California. This one is pretty easy – the school is named after poet and abolitionist John Whittier. The town the college is in is also called Whittier. Richard Nixon is probably Whittier’s most famous Poet (although it has lots of notable alumni, including the actress who played Kimmie Gibler on Full House) – he was an accomplished football, basketball and track runner for Whittier. Photo from Whittier.

from

http://www.neatorama.com/2009/02/28/the-stories-behind-10-weird-college-mascots/

The Whittier College mascot, Johnny Poet, should be reproduced in its entirety from digital art, provided by the Athletic Director upon approved request.

from

http://www.whittier.edu/pr/styleguide/styleguide_mascot.html

As of May 28th , they'll have 1 more famous alum: My DD:)

Archived