Finally got my cabin! I'm so excited

NYGirl1002

As some of you know I've been patiently waiting for my cabin number. This was the first time I booked a Guaranty. My other two cruises I booked balcony cabins...mostly because my husband was with us and I felt like it was more room. I was looking into booking the cruise I'm going on for June with him and my daughter.

Sadly he passed away of a heart attack in January. We have a special needs daughter. I wanted to take her on vacation and she wanted to go on a cruise. Of course I jumped at the chance and I found I could book the same cruise for May 27th which is her birthday...and my husband's birthday. I thought what better of a gift for her..and myself to get away from what was going to be a sad day.

Okay..enough back story.

I figured I could be a little cheaper so I booked an oceanview which was a guaranty D.

I FINALLY got my assignment today and it's a BD which I found to be a balcony room!! I'm so excited. It's midship on the Baja deck.

Can someone tell me more about this category? Is the Baja deck good? Did I get a good upgrade?

Thank you for your help..and for listening to my sad backstory. But don't be sad for me..I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks!!

Oh, now that is a wonderful upgrade for you and your daughter. This is going to be one special Birthday gift to her. So sorry for the loss of your husband and her father. I can't tell you much about your stateroom that has been assigned, but I just wanted to wish you a great cruise and a wonderful holiday!

and may I say that your husband made sure you both have the best for less.

He will be with you on the cruise. And now you laugh, but I believe that you loved him & he is with you for life.

So enjoy it & watch how your daughter will open up also. The balcony has a table large enough to have lunch out there. Actually breakfast, lunch & dinner if the dining room is not needed for both of you.

But to get a balcony with an OV guarantee is very lucky, since guarantees are within the same class. SO congratulations!

As some of you know I've been patiently waiting for my cabin number. This was the first time I booked a Guaranty. My other two cruises I booked balcony cabins...mostly because my husband was with us and I felt like it was more room. I was looking into booking the cruise I'm going on for June with him and my daughter.

Sadly he passed away of a heart attack in January. We have a special needs daughter. I wanted to take her on vacation and she wanted to go on a cruise. Of course I jumped at the chance and I found I could book the same cruise for May 27th which is her birthday...and my husband's birthday. I thought what better of a gift for her..and myself to get away from what was going to be a sad day.

Okay..enough back story.

I figured I could be a little cheaper so I booked an oceanview which was a guaranty D.

I FINALLY got my assignment today and it's a BD which I found to be a balcony room!! I'm so excited. It's midship on the Baja deck.

Can someone tell me more about this category? Is the Baja deck good? Did I get a good upgrade?

Thank you for your help..and for listening to my sad backstory. But don't be sad for me..I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks!!

Oh thank you all so much! I wanted to share my excitement with you guys because you've been so patient with my many first time on Princess questions. Plus only you guys can understand how I can get so excited. Tell your family and they're like "oh that's nice". Tell a fellow cruiser and they share your excitement.

Just this past week I've been wavering back and forth with worry about would we like just an oceanview. We loved the balcony and used it often. I didn't want to dare hope we'd be upgraded to one!

Well with this and the $2.99 pina coladas after 8 I can't go wrong!!

Congrats to my fellow Brooklyn girl! That's a great upgrade! In those quiet moments when you are on your balcony I know your heart will begin to heal. All the best, please let us know how your cruise goes. :)

Okay..enough back story.

Oh thank you all so much! I wanted to share my excitement with you guys because you've been so patient with my many first time on Princess questions. Plus only you guys can understand how I can get so excited. Tell your family and they're like "oh that's nice". Tell a fellow cruiser and they share your excitement.

Just this past week I've been wavering back and forth with worry about would we like just an oceanview. We loved the balcony and used it often. I didn't want to dare hope we'd be upgraded to one!

Well with this and the $2.99 pina coladas after 8 I can't go wrong!!

Gee, Fran, didn't you want to post the good news on the roll call??;) We are on Baja too...and who knows, we might be neighbors.:D

Since I am bringing my laptop...and I've already purchased minutes... I'll try and do a "live from" post.

I don't doubt that my DH had something to do with it. My daughter skis and was in the Special Olympics State Finals and she told me her daddy pushed her down the mountain and she won the gold medal.

What a lovely surprise for you after such a terrible year. You were MEANT to have that balcony.

Know what you mean about the bored looks when you mention cruising to family and friends. I used to do the same myself, until I saw the light, or should that be the sea :confused:.

Have a wonderful cruise and have yourself a special drink for your DH on his and your daughter's birthdays.

How wonderful about your upgrade! I agree with the others that your hubby is watching over you and assisted in your great room location. Enjoy your cruise...you truly deserve it!

Archived