WOW sale

Is anyone familiar with RCI's WOW sale? I have a cabin booked on Allure and I am wondering I can take advantage of the incentives/lower prices offered during the WOW sale. If it's only for new bookings and I have booked so far ahead in advance, is there anything stopping me from cancelling my reservation and re-booking it the day of the sale?

I believe that the WOW rules do not allow you to book anything for which you have a current reservation or anything that was cancelled 48 hours prior (about the time frame in which they announce the sale).

I have more than 48 hours to cancel. Where did you get this information? you got any links?

I have more than 48 hours to cancel. Where did you get this information? you got any links?

No just my poor memory. It looks like no cancellations for the week prior. Here is the fine print from last year.

The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International¨ cruises that sail from August 1, 2009 forward including cruisetours. Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only. Offer applies to all categories available. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on May 5 and 6, 2009 by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on May 5 and 6, 2009 without deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour. The Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas 2009 and 2010 sail dates do not qualify for this offer. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Any existing booking that is cancelled between April 28 and May 5, 2008 and is rebooked for the same sailing on May 5 and 6, 2009 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated after May 6, 2009 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that changes the ship or sail date after May 6, 2009 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 p.m. on the last evening of the cruise. Onboard Credit will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International within 3 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is good until May 6, 2009, 11:59 p.m. Local Time, based on availability and is subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is available to residents of: United States of America, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, Guatemala, El Salvador, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Thailand.

Prices are per person, double occupancy, cruise only on select sailings. Government taxes and fees are additional. Certain restrictions apply. All prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. All itineraries and prices are current at the time of data entry and subject to change without notice. Brilliance of the Seas® is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. © 2009 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas.

Just found the fine print for this year's sale. I would have had to cancel before May 11th.

Here it is for anyone else interested:

Terms & Conditions

*ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL® RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE FUEL EXCEEDS $65.00 PER BARREL. THE FUEL SUPPLEMENT FOR 1ST AND 2ND GUESTS WOULD BE NO MORE THAN $10 PER GUEST PER DAY, TO A MAXIMUM OF $140 PER CRUISE; AND FOR ADDITIONAL GUESTS WOULD BE NO MORE THAN $5 PER PERSON PER DAY, TO A MAXIMUM OF $70 PER CRUISE.

^The WOW Sale Onboard Credit per stateroom and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail from between September 1, 2010 and on, including Cruisetours. Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only. Not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. Onboard Credit offer is per stateroom, $50/$100/$200 depending on length of sailing. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on May 18 & 19, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on May 18 & 19, 2010 without deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Any existing booking that is cancelled between May 11 – 18, 2010 and is rebooked for the same sailing on May 18 – 19, 2010 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after May 18 – 19, 2010 and is reinstated or the sailing is changed will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars and will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International within 3 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to online bookings; however, the online booking confirmation will not reflect this onboard credit but will reflect the reduced deposit. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is good until May 19, 2010, 11:59 pm, Local Time, based on availability and is subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

It doesn't look like Oasis and Allure are excluded this year. Not that it all make a big difference to me. I can get the same OBC with my stockholder benefit and I really don't care much about the reduced deposit.

So... Wow sale is the 18th & 19th and you can't get your D D+ C&A balcony discount when you book during this sale ?? So all you get is an OBC and reduced deposit ? What's the advantage am I missing something ?

I called RCI today, I thought maybe if I upgrade to a better cabin they'd let me take the obc.

The gentleman said Oasis and Allure won't get any obc or reduced deposit at all during wow sale.

Maybe you better call again..the email I got says it does include the Oasis & Allure..

SAVE THE DATE

Dear Valued Customer,

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we wanted you to be among the first to know about our Royal Caribbean International® 2-Day WOW sale! If you haven't already booked your next cruise with us, now's the time. For 2 days only, Tuesday May 18 & Wednesday May 19, 2010, reserve a Royal Caribbean International® cruise or Cruisetour land package and save.

spacer.gifUp to $200 onboard credit*^spacer.gif50% reduced deposit*^spacer.gifGood on any itineraries departing after September 1, 2010spacer.gifOffer includes our newest, most innovative ships,

Oasis of the Seas® and Allure of the SeasSM

Don't delay - this special offer is only available May 18 & 19 and is not combinable with any other promotions or discounts.

With 21 ships, soon to be 22 with the addition of Allure of the SeasSM, visiting over 261 destinations on 6 continents, the most innovative ships in the industry and our personalized Gold Anchor Service®, there's never been a better time to enjoy the Royal Treatment.

We look forward to welcoming you back onboard.

So... Wow sale is the 18th & 19th and you can't get your D D+ C&A balcony discount when you book during this sale ?? So all you get is an OBC and reduced deposit ? What's the advantage am I missing something ?

Nope....ya ain't missing much....only real advantage is for folks who are below platnum and get no balcony discount or if you were planning on booking an interior or OV. Also in the past they have sometimes been know to raise prices for the sale making it pretty much a wash other than for the reduced deposit.....in all honesty it's a lot of fluff.

Nope....ya ain't missing much....only real advantage is for folks who are below platnum and get no balcony discount or if you were planning on booking an interior or OV. Also in the past they have sometimes been know to raise prices for the sale making it pretty much a wash other than for the reduced deposit.....in all honesty it's a lot of fluff.

Thanks..exactly what I thought..;)

I don't get it either.

Once you have a wow sail booked, for the reduced deposit, can you move it to another date later and keep the benefits? Schools don't have their spring break 2012 dates avail.....

Archived