Summit May 2-9 2010 Bermuda Review

sarahc78

Great review! Love the pics too... Thanks for sharing it all for us....

Was this a special food cruise? Seems they offered lots of food events on board--great for my DH when we cruise on Summit in Sept. It's our 35th anniv. & we haven't been to Bermuda since our first!!!

You had to book the galley tour? Usually it is a perk offered to Cap Club? Was it advertised? Don't want to miss that...

Did you get to enjoy any of the shows & music on board?

Thanks, Sarah. I, too, felt like we were on the same cruise. Oh wait - we were!!!! :D It was good meeting you and Brian at the Slot Pull. Your review is wonderful - thanks for making the time to write and share. And the pictures are great. Lets us know if you do photobucket or one of the other photo sharing sites. We were one of those with disappointing cabin service. Since we're not too picky and didn't spend a lot of time there so other than being an annoyance it didn't impact our cruise.

Also ate at Normandie twice and agree - not to be missed *kissing fingertips*

Sara (no h ;))

Sarah, what a fabulous review:Dand you truely are a Celebrity:)

How neat that you were in the cooking event! I am going to see

if they have the samplings in Normandie this trip too. You have

to wonder about folks sometimes.....those double dippers?:eek:

Yikes!

I fly to NJ tomorrow morning and sail on Sunday and your review

really put a smile on my face (although having a great cruise

is never a problem for me;))...thanks for sharing your experience

with us:)

Guest verymoodyone

Great review Sarah - thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. We'll be on the June 6th sailing and can't wait. Is there a limit as to how much wine you can bring in your carry on luggage? You've added some great insight. Good luck with your five children - god bless you!! You guys probably really needed this cruise!!

Sarah, what a fabulous review:Dand you truely are a Celebrity

How neat that you were in the cooking event! I am going to see

if they have the samplings in Normandie this trip too. You have

to wonder about folks sometimes.....those double dippers?:eek:

Yikes!

I fly to NJ tomorrow morning and sail on Sunday and your review

really put a smile on my face (although having a great cruise

is never a problem for me;))...thanks for sharing your experience

with us:)

Have a great time, Lois! ;)

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for a great review, we were on the Summit on Apr 25th, just before you. We enjoyed ourselves so much we booked for next May. I also wrote a travelogue and you can see my photos in the link in my signature.

It was a great cruise, the crew are fantastic, ship is in good shape. When we go next year, the Summit will have just been in dry dock, so look forward to that.

Thanks again and let us know when you have your photos in photobucket.

Suz

[quote name='sarahc78']. Breakfast this morning was in the waterfall café where I finally got to enjoy those tasty [COLOR=red]waffles[/COLOR]:-/[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]78,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000]A lady that has great tastes.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000]Thanks for posting. :)[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Navy"]
sarahc78,

Thank you and your husband so very much Maam. It is refreshing to see, read and click on your images here.

In Newport, R.I. it has more higher education schools for the USN than Annapolis.. but Annapolis is great as it is the Naval Academy.

If you do go back to Newport, R.I. they have a very Historic American Train on only Sundays running twice which is really a wonder and delight..not to mention a great sight..

Maam Welcome Home ! Thanks again for what your posting , writing and showing.

Where in Md are ya? :cool:

[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='sarahc78']Day 2) Monday May 3, 2010 Newport, Rhode Island
When we woke up the weather was cold, foggy, and raining blah! We didn’t have any excursions lined up and had planned on playing it by ear, once we saw the weather we knew it would be a day on board for us J We had breakfast in the dining room, the food was delicious however the service was so slow! We sat down at our table around 9 am and we didn’t finish eating until nearly 10:30! :eek:

The thallosotherapy pool was calling my name… as was the bottle of champagne that we brought J I cannot tell you how relaxing it was to sit in that pool while sipping a mimosa! Talk about heaven!!! Unfortunately a lot of people had that same idea so it was a little busy in there. While I was in the pool I did notice a family had come in with their children, I assume since it was so cold and dreary out. Within a few minutes though a pool butler came over and told them that children were not allowed in the pool, so the kids had to sit & watch their parents along with the other adults enjoy the pool.

After going back to the room (where there was a brand new glass table for our room) to shower up we went to the waterfall buffet for lunch. The food here is ok, but it is just not my taste, a lot of Indian, curry, and oriental dishes. I can do that once in awhile but not every day as it gets quite boring. Also this is only area that the ship ever felt crowded, extremely crowded infact. There was also a lot of people cutting in line, in between other people, very chaotic. We headed back to the spa café where we enjoyed a delicious grilled chicken plate and a shrimp & avocado salad.

Beer thirty again!!! LMAO!!!:D Our bar was a little more happening today as the sun had finally come out and it got a little warmer. Ivan and “the gang” (as we called them) were mixing cocktails while Simon played some tunes… this is living I tell you. We met up with Gumdrop (a friend from cruise critic) and her wonderful son we asked her to join our table since they had the same dining time as us.

It was formal night and I was so excited to slip into my gown! My husband wore a shirt & tie and slacks, he wasn’t out of place at all seeing as that is what 1/3 of the men on board also wore. Dinner was fabulous tonight! I had the Bar B Q Chilean Sea Bass & my husband had the Service was much better tonight also (I think the first night they are just a little overwhelmed with people changing seats etc…)
After dinner we headed to the show, unfortunately we got there right as the show started and there wasn’t a seat to be found L we stood and watched the first few acts but my feet were killing me from my heels (the things us women go through lol) so off to bed we went! We aren’t very exciting are we lol![/QUOTE]

Sarah - great review. Thanks for being so detailed - right down to including pictures. Awesome!

We leave on 5/30 also, so Meg - I hope to see you at the Mast Bar at sailaway. If you haven't joined our roll call - come on over.

Texed is right about the waffles. It's been a while and I'm looking forward to them. Yum!

Thanks for sharing....:) We'll be going on the June 13th sailing, and can't wait!!
Do you remember the times that the evening shows were ?? Trying to get my select dining times set, and my 7 year old loves to go to the shows....;)
Thanks,
Karen

[quote name='fgc15527']How can one get to tour the galley and watch food preparation. My husband is an amateur chef and would enjoy. We will sail on June 13 cruise. Thanks.[/quote]
We checked the dailies every evening and the galley tour and the food preperation were in the dailies. The galley tour was very packed so they had to do several different groups to get everyone in.
[quote name='CruisinNewb']Thanks for the great review!

How were the waffles?

Ron[/quote]
They were very good, however it was so busy back there that they werent really doing them per indivudual person. they made a big batch and then placed them in the tray, so you couldnt have one that was frsh and crispy but they were still good.
[quote name='my2monkeys']Thanks for sharing....:) We'll be going on the June 13th sailing, and can't wait!!
Do you remember the times that the evening shows were ?? Trying to get my select dining times set, and my 7 year old loves to go to the shows....;)
Thanks,
Karen[/quote]
I have all the dailies and most of the menus, I will put them in the car when I get home today other wise I will forget again! Trying to get all the kids to school and daycare fries my brain lol

Archived