Summit May 2-9 2010 Bermuda Review

sarahc78

[quote name='luannsimon']Is that going or returning on a sea day? I want to be sure I don't have breakfast morning![/quote]
the brunch was returning from Bermuda. We didnt have breakfast either! I literally filled a plate full of just shrimp yummy!!!:)

[quote name='luannsimon']Sarah you did say a 1/3 of men had on shirts, ties, dress pants on formal nights.. right? I hope so![/quote]
yes. My husband was actually a little mad that I pressed him so hard about jeans. We saw a TON of people wearing jeans in the MDR. I think it must vary depending on where you are cruising too.

[quote name='sarahc78']yes. My husband was actually a little mad that I pressed him so hard about jeans. We saw a TON of people wearing jeans in the MDR. I think it must vary depending on where you are cruising too.[/quote]
We are going to Bermuda.. so on formal nights I thought we could keep the jacket at home.

[quote name='luannsimon']We are going to Bermuda.. so on formal nights I thought we could keep the jacket at home.[/quote]
yup it wasnt a problem at all a lot of men just did shirt and tie.

the night after our first formal night someone at another table next to ours actually showed up to dinner in a tshirt and pair of shorts. no one ever said a word to him about what he was wearing.

[quote name='LustforLife']Can you tell me what 5.jpg and 6.jpg are? They both look delish![/quote]
5 is the coco van that my husband said was one of the best meals he has ever had in his life... 6 is the prime rib (end cut) Both of these dishes were on the first night menu in the MDR.

I've taken many cruises including NYC to Bermuda twice. By far, the Bermuda cruise is the roughest. It was bad on my first cruise, and much worse on my second cruise. I still like to cruise, but will never go on a Bermuda cruise again. Last week I was offered a free NYC to Bermuda cruise and turned it down. That's how sick I got on that last cruise. I love Bermuda. I can fly there in 2 hours and enjoy. Staying in Bermuda is very different than cruising. When I cruise, my primary destination is the cruise not the ports.

[quote name='Redtravel']I've taken many cruises including NYC to Bermuda twice. By far, the Bermuda cruise is the roughest. It was bad on my first cruise, and much worse on my second cruise. I still like to cruise, but will never go on a Bermuda cruise again. Last week I was offered a free NYC to Bermuda cruise and turned it down. That's how sick I got on that last cruise. I love Bermuda. I can fly there in 2 hours and enjoy. Staying in Bermuda is very different than cruising. When I cruise, my primary destination is the cruise not the ports.[/quote]
I hate to fly, infact I am dealthly afraid to fly (have panic attacks the whole nine yards) that is why we cruise... well I loved Bermuda so much I actually told my husband I would fly there! I know I couldnt believe I would ever say that either lol!!! However after pricing it out, it is actually cheaper to take a 7 day cruise than it is to fly directly to Bermuda and stay for 3 or 4 days.... so crusing it will be :D

[quote name='Lois R']Hey Sarah.....I am on SUMMIT now and having a wonderful time:D[/quote]
AWESOME!!! So happy for you... well really honestly I am so jealous I could spit!!! lol!

If you remember please go to the deck 10 aft bar and tell Ivan and the gang that Brian and Sarah said hi :D

Hugs and Kissesxoxo Lois!

[quote name='sarahc78']AWESOME!!! So happy for you... well really honestly I am so jealous I could spit!!! lol!

If you remember please go to the deck 10 aft bar and tell Ivan and the gang that Brian and Sarah said hi :D

Hugs and Kissesxoxo Lois![/QUOTE]

xoxoxoxox back.....:D will do......ship looks fine to me:D food and service for me have been awesome...then again, I am dining with friends in Normandie all week:)

[quote name='Lois R']xoxoxoxox back.....:D will do......ship looks fine to me:D food and service for me have been awesome...then again, I am dining with friends in Normandie all week:)[/quote]
Ok now I am REALLY jealous!!!!

Thanks for saying hi to them, my hubby wants to go on the Summit again just to hang out w/ them... THAT is how much fun he had w/ them lol :)

Sarah, Good long review. I'm Joe the cook on the other team. Your chef allowed you to actually cook. I basically was stuck with the prep work. I was being extremely careful not to cut myself on the last cruise day. It was still a lot of fun being on stage and seeing just how fast the pros can put a great meal together. I was a judge on the Mercury last December, it's a lot easier and more fun than cooking. We also has some very good red and white wine to wash down the sample food. Maybe we'll compete again on a future cruise.
Joe

[quote name='djjoe']Sarah, Good long review. I'm Joe the cook on the other team. Your chef allowed you to actually cook. I basically was stuck with the prep work. I was being extremely careful not to cut myself on the last cruise day. It was still a lot of fun being on stage and seeing just how fast the pros can put a great meal together. I was a judge on the Mercury last December, it's a lot easier and more fun than cooking. We also has some very good red and white wine to wash down the sample food. Maybe we'll compete again on a future cruise.
Joe[/quote]
Hey Joe!! That's awesome you got to be a judge, my husband really wanted to be on after he saw all the food that was prepared!

[quote name='Redtravel']I've taken many cruises including NYC to Bermuda twice. By far, the Bermuda cruise is the roughest. It was bad on my first cruise, and much worse on my second cruise. I still like to cruise, but will never go on a Bermuda cruise again. Last week I was offered a free NYC to Bermuda cruise and turned it down. That's how sick I got on that last cruise. I love Bermuda. I can fly there in 2 hours and enjoy. Staying in Bermuda is very different than cruising. When I cruise, my primary destination is the cruise not the ports.[/QUOTE]

How does it compare to crusing to the Carib from Cape Liberty? Bermuda is out from the coast so I am hoping that is why it is rougher..

We are booked for Summit to Bermuda & also Silho to Carib both from NJ-- we are hoping it works out well so we can save some airfare & hotel expenses in the future!!! if not, we'll be back to flying...

Sarah - thanks for the review and the pictures. Loved them. We're leaving on June 20th with the same itinerary - sorry the rain spoiled Newport for you.
Congrats on winning the cooking competition.

Pat

Archived